The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Idiot sister came back from holiday with covid Thursday night. We have idiot's dog. I tell Ma take it back, open door, put dog in, close door, come back. Instead she hangs around for a chat for half an hour.

So I've got Ma being moody 'cos I told her it's a stupid thing to do, as we have these things called phones that you can chat on for hours safely.

The Mrs. then engages her OCD brain, and Ma has been exposed, so I've been exposed so plz stay the fuck away from me this weekend. Ok, can do. Only snag is she's decided she must have a new ebac washing machine, as she's heard on their radio advert they're dead good and quiet and current one is too loud for her hamster. (No I'm not making this up). Said machine is scheduled for delivery today.

Last night I've got her being angry down the phone 'cos her n Nigel are completely useless when it comes to tools and have fucked up the waste pipe connection at the sink and are awaiting a plumber.

Then I've got her angry this morning that one of the machines has arrived damaged. (She convinced Nigel he needs* one too).

Just had another angry phone call that it's showing error E02 and won't release the door or indeed work. I may have made things worse by saying well they are made in Britain, what do you expect?

TLDR: Too many angry people.

49 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

Idiot sister came back from holiday with covid Thursday night. We have idiot's dog. I tell Ma take it back, open door, put dog in, close door, come back. Instead she hangs around for a chat for half an hour.

So I've got Ma being moody 'cos I told her it's a stupid thing to do, as we have these things called phones that you can chat on for hours safely.

The Mrs. then engages her OCD brain, and Ma has been exposed, so I've been exposed so plz stay the fuck away from me this weekend. Ok, can do. Only snag is she's decided she must have a new ebac washing machine, as she's heard on their radio advert they're dead good and quiet and current one is too loud for her hamster. (No I'm not making this up). Said machine is scheduled for delivery today.

Last night I've got her being angry down the phone 'cos her n Nigel are completely useless when it comes to tools and have fucked up the waste pipe connection at the sink and are awaiting a plumber.

Then I've got her angry this morning that one of the machines has arrived damaged. (She convinced Nigel he needs* one too).

Just had another angry phone call that it's showing error E02 and won't release the door or indeed work. I may have made things worse by saying well they are made in Britain, what do you expect?

Those Ebac machines are pretty good from what I've seen, plus you can get hot-fill models which is a rarity these days.

That being said they're not very foolproof- the E02 error is because it's not filling fast enough, and I imagine it's because it was connected up by the same guy who fucked up the waste connection.

22 hours ago, Pieman said:

I am currently saving for my own place, although I don't know why I am because I have zero life skills and no clue how to run or finance one and would rather not be here at all..

Okay, the last line sounds like a vague reference to depression. 

Can I ask you?  How old are you?  I'm guessing early 20s.?  

Do you cook, do you own washing and ironing, pay rent to you parents?  Where do you live? Why do you live there ? 

3 ideas for you. 

Go camping. Every weekend from April to September, take a tent and go and visit a new part of the world. Go alone, or invite a mate.  ( Daughter has just booked a weekend in Rome in a hotel. On her own. I think that's brave, but she wants to go and saw a cheap flight, and has booked a hotel) 

Second idea is look on www.spareroom.co.uk find a room with a live in land lord, all bills inclusive. Go and live away from your parents. If you do it this way, you are only committed to one month, unlike a HMO which would commit you to 6 months 

Third idea is look at VSO.  Why not stop doing What you do and go and volunteer in Africa for a year. Change your outlook.  When you come back you'll be a different person. 

17 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Those Ebac machines are pretty good from what I've seen, plus you can get hot-fill models which is a rarity these days.

That being said they're not very foolproof- the E02 error is because it's not filling fast enough, and I imagine it's because it was connected up by the same guy who fucked up the waste connection.

She paid for them to install, and it is a hot fill one which I think is the problem. It's a flat so there's sod all head on the gravity hot water tank. To my mind it's of marginal benefit having hot fill for her, yes you can put the immersion on when it's economy 7 at night and wash the next morning, but that needs planning, and a day when you're not going to need a lot of hot water. Probably simpler just to let it heat the water it needs, hot fill more use if you've got a free source of hot water.

7 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

She paid for them to install, and it is a hot fill one which I think is the problem. It's a flat so there's sod all head on the gravity hot water tank. To my mind it's of marginal benefit having hot fill for her, yes you can put the immersion on when it's economy 7 at night and wash the next morning, but that needs planning, and a day when you're not going to need a lot of hot water. Probably simpler just to let it heat the water it needs, hot fill more use if you've got a free source of hot water.

Ah, that probably explains why it's complaining. At least the "fix" is to just tee in the hot fill with a cold fill, unless that's got poor flow too! I think its target market is for those with a combi boiler or other source of instant hot water. Otherwise, the saving you make is nonexistant.

9 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Ah, that probably explains why it's complaining. At least the "fix" is to just tee in the hot fill with a cold fill, unless that's got poor flow too! I think its target market is for those with a combi boiler or other source of instant hot water. Otherwise, the saving you make is nonexistant.

Cold is at about a million psi so should be ok. The old machine was also hot fill & didn't complain so it's possible they've not opened the tap fully / kinked the pipe / other cock up. Or new one is more picky about supply. I'd go and have a fiddle but banned.

My new neighbours had a fill error code when they finally got their kitchen appliances out of storage ...the inlet pipe had been left attached to the machine when stored in the garage .... Inlet pipe and filter was blocked ..... with slugs !!! 

Used Fridge freezer was stored with doors closed ...fridge stinking and mouldy , freezer when opened dumped a soup of defrosted water and mushy mixed vegetables 😖

1 hour ago, jakebullet said:

You have the patience of a saint.

How in the hell have you not told every single one of all of them to fuck the fuck off then gone to live in a shack in the Highlands?

Fuck all of that noise.

8 hours ago, Supernaut said:

You have the patience of a saint.

How in the hell have you not told every single one of all of them to fuck the fuck off then gone to live in a shack in the Highlands?

Fuck all of that noise.

Indeed. @Jamieplease see my suggestion above to @Pieman

Get out. Both of you. Maybe you could be housemates ? 

1 hour ago, omegod said:

I hereby declare that Fords go through fucking  brake light bulbs more than any other brand 

I never replaced a brake light bulb on any vehicle I’ve owned including many Fords although the last was a 1990 Sierra. My Subaru seems to need a new number plate bulb every MOT though, and I had a Daihatsu that ate interior light bulbs.

1 hour ago, omegod said:

I hereby declare that Fords go through fucking  brake light bulbs more than any other brand 

Honda accord used to destroy dipped Beam bulbs with great regularity.  And it was a pain to replace them. 

Kids on eBikes and scooters delivering junk food, wobbling about all over the shop, paid peanuts, serving shit to the lazy. This makes me grumpy...

It is 101 years since White Castle invented the first fast food, burger chain. Too lazy to cook at home? We'll feed you. It's quick, convenient and cheap. Come and eat fast food. And then the rash of clones - Burger King, McDonalds, KFC and a million others, all shovelling shite down the bloated throats of the fat and lazy - they can't get enough. Bigger portions! Faster serving! More addictive ingredients! Fatter addicts happier customers! And now, because the fat fuckers can't drive (walking now a long-forgotten sport solely for keep fit maniacs) 10 minutes and fetch it themselves, there's the invention of delivery. Faster! Easier! Shovel it down quick! Deliveroo! Just East! Obesity Direct.com! From click to indigestion in a matter of minutes! All factory made, minimum-waged, a process designed to take your money to the toilet pan as fast as possible and leave you wanting MORE. A chain of parasitic companies sucking the nutrients from your (paper) plate and the money from people's livelihoods. Where does this industry go next? It needs to be bigger, faster! A generation of Americans who can't use cutlery. Us next. Finger food. Disposable packaging. How about pre-chewed food? How about the delivery driver (plastic) spoon-feeds you through your letterbox, straight down your cakehole? Faster! FASTER! How about they cut out the middle-man, the flavour, the taste, the sensation of different ingredients combining, the texture, the smell.... why not just recycle shit straight from the sewer, serve it in a box, throw it at your front door? Saves on digestion! Faster, faster! Why box it? Why not just get them a fucking app that repays users with a drive-by pelting of their house with human dung? DeliverPoo! JustCark! Let's put the muck into McDonalds (that worldplay works best with a midlands accent, admittedly). The whole industry and the shitty 'jobs' it created can wobble into a ditch on it's polluting Wong-Minge Lucky motorcycle factory number 6 machine, with the litter and despair it created, garnished with a high-viz vest and a side potion of clogged artery. 

6 minutes ago, motorpunk said:

Kids on eBikes and scooters delivering junk food, wobbling about all over the shop, paid peanuts, serving shit to the lazy. This makes me grumpy...

It is 101 years since White Castle invented the first fast food, burger chain. Too lazy to cook at home? We'll feed you. It's quick, convenient and cheap. Come and eat fast food. And then the rash of clones - Burger King, McDonalds, KFC and a million others, all shovelling shite down the bloated throats of the fat and lazy - they can't get enough. Bigger portions! Faster serving! More addictive ingredients! Fatter addicts happier customers! And now, because the fat fuckers can't drive 10 minutes and fetch it themselves, there's the invention of delivery. Faster! Easier! Shovel it down quick! Deliveroo! Just East! Obesity Direct.com! From click to indigestion in a matter of minutes! All factory made, minimum-waged, a process designed to take your money to the toilet pan as fast as possible and leave you wanting MORE. Where does this industry go next? It needs to be bigger, faster! A generation of Americans who can't use cutlery. Us next. Finger food. Disposable packaging. How about pre-chewed food? How about the delivery driver (plastic) spoon-feeds you through your letterbox, straight down your cakehole? Faster! FASTER! How about they cut out the middle-man, the flavour, the taste, the sensation of different ingredients combining, the texture, the smell.... why not just recycle shit straight from the sewer, serve it in a box, throw it at your front door? Saves on digestion! Faster, faster! Why box it? Why not just get them a fucking app that repays users with a drive-by pelting of their house with human dung? DeliverPoo! JustCark! Let's put the muck into McDonalds (that worldplay works best with a midlands accent, admittedly). The whole industry and the shitty 'jobs' it created can wobble into a ditch on it's polluting Wong-Minge Lucky motorcycle factory number 6 machine, with the litter and despair it created, garnished with a high-viz vest and a side potion of clogged artery. 

Let me get this straight - you don't like fast food?

3 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Given the experience I had with my old 52 reg Focus, it's headlamp bulbs too.

Always the passenger side too, which needs a 2-foot pygmy with 10-foot arms to reach because the battery goes right where you want your hand to fanny about with the bulb holder spring clip. 

Not that I'm bitter about it or anything.

20 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Given the experience I had with my old 52 reg Focus, it's headlamp bulbs too.

Mine eat tail/brake light and front sidelight & dipped beam bulbs. Never main beam, side repeaters, reverse lamp (see the pattern here I guess - less used or not in a housing with other hot bulbs)

15 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Always the passenger side too, which needs a 2-foot pygmy with 10-foot arms to reach because the battery goes right where you want your hand to fanny about with the bulb holder spring clip. 

Not that I'm bitter about it or anything.

Laughs in MK2 Focus whereby each headlight can be removed in about 10 seconds to get all the access you could possibly need! Probably the best design feature of them, wish all cars were the same

6 hours ago, motorpunk said:

It is 101 years since White Castle invented the first fast food, burger chain. Too lazy to cook at home? We'll feed you. It's quick, convenient and cheap. Come and eat fast food. And then the rash of clones - Burger King, McDonalds, KFC and a million others, all shovelling shite down the bloated throats of the fat and lazy - they can't get enough. Bigger portions! Faster serving! More addictive ingredients! Fatter addicts happier customers! And now, because the fat fuckers can't drive (walking now a long-forgotten sport solely for keep fit maniacs) 10 minutes and fetch it themselves, there's the invention of delivery. Faster! Easier! Shovel it down quick! Deliveroo! Just East! Obesity Direct.com! From click to indigestion in a matter of minutes! All factory made, minimum-waged, a process designed to take your money to the toilet pan as fast as possible and leave you wanting MORE. A chain of parasitic companies sucking the nutrients from your (paper) plate and the money from people's livelihoods. Where does this industry go next? It needs to be bigger, faster! A generation of Americans who can't use cutlery. Us next. Finger food. Disposable packaging. How about pre-chewed food? How about the delivery driver (plastic) spoon-feeds you through your letterbox, straight down your cakehole? Faster! FASTER! How about they cut out the middle-man, the flavour, the taste, the sensation of different ingredients combining, the texture, the smell.... why not just recycle shit straight from the sewer, serve it in a box, throw it at your front door? Saves on digestion! Faster, faster! Why box it? Why not just get them a fucking app that repays users with a drive-by pelting of their house with human dung? DeliverPoo! JustCark! Let's put the muck into McDonalds (that worldplay works best with a midlands accent, admittedly). The whole industry and the shitty 'jobs' it created can wobble into a ditch on it's polluting Wong-Minge Lucky motorcycle factory number 6 machine, with the litter and despair it created, garnished with a high-viz vest and a side potion of clogged artery. 

Hungry now? ( Our dinner came from local butcher with supermarket pots n veg)