The grumpy thread

outlaw118

10 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

In my considerable experience that kind of protest, while satisfying at the time, almost always comes back to bite you, hard.

Boss: I believe you left Mrs Smith's gate open

Driver: yeah, she was going on about being in the countryside and stuff.  I didn't tell her I grew up on a farm so I already know all that shit.

Boss: Then of all people, you should know better.  You're fired.

Just be careful.  Nobody wins an argument against a customer.

Doubt if that's a sacking offence.

1 minute ago, artdjones said:

I never heard a thing about it again. If I had, I would've just played dumb and said that I had forgotten to close it. I knew that nothing more would've come of it, and even that much was unlikely

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Ta, I might get a hold of one of those cheap dent puller things just for experimentation's sake.

I had a similar dent on the wing of my BMW that came out almost completely with that kind of DIY treatment, and there are quite a few videos with tips and demos on Youtube. Got to be worth a try. Even if it doesn't work that well, it's useful experience

25 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Shall we just agree that folk are arseholes in general? 😆

They absolutely are.

20 minutes ago, artdjones said:

You haven't worked in some of the places I have (although tbf it might take more than one occasion).

19 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

I never heard a thing about it again. If I had, I would've just played dumb and said that I had forgotten to close it. I knew that nothing more would've come of it, and even that much was unlikely

You were lucky.

My rover p6 has been parked on my drive, it's a shared drive with the next door neighbours. After the wind a few weeks ago. I came out to the p6 to find a scratch on the passenger front door.

They leave all the bins out and every morning when its windy I have to pick those things up.

We have told them to stick them inside their own gardens while its windy but they never listen.

Luckily my dad was able to get most of the scratches out. Idiots

I'm looking at buying a timing tool from a private seller in europe. What a total cluster fuck, there doesn't seem to be a clear way to see what may end up needing to pay in respect to VAT, duty and courier admin fees's

A £200 tool could be more like £270 by the time everything is paid but then again it could be less or it could be more, no-one actually knows!

1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

In my considerable experience that kind of protest, while satisfying at the time, almost always comes back to bite you, hard.

Boss: I believe you left Mrs Smith's gate open

Driver: yeah, she was going on about being in the countryside and stuff.  I didn't tell her I grew up on a farm so I already know all that shit.

Boss: Then of all people, you should know better.  You're fired.

Just be careful.  Nobody wins an argument against a customer.

Nah, they were always so short of drivers when I worked there you could almost get away with murder.

They did start an investigation and suspend one bloke but he had been sexually harassing multiple female colleagues. He resigned and got hired straight away by a competitor. Mind you he was a complete twat and had been behaving dreadfully for years so it took a lot of “blind eyes turned” before they finally instigated proceedings against him.

8 minutes ago, Angrydicky said:

Nah, they were always so short of drivers when I worked there you could almost get away with murder.

They did start an investigation and suspend one bloke but he had been sexually harassing multiple female colleagues. He resigned and got hired straight away by a competitor. Mind you he was a complete twat and had been behaving dreadfully for years so it took a lot of “blind eyes turned” before they finally instigated proceedings against him.

This, pretty much. They wouldn't have even mentioned something as trivial as a gate. You would've had to do something much worse for them to be angry.

It was calculated. If there had been a chance I would've got fired for it or found myself called into the manager's office, I wouldn't have done it. It was just a part time job at a time that I had too much free time anyway. I quite enjoyed it really - I'd do it again if I had the time. Might look into it after I move and I'm not spending 4 hours a day commuting

1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

They absolutely are.

You haven't worked in some of the places I have (although tbf it might take more than one occasion).

You were lucky.

Times have changed and now delivery drivers tend to be in very short supply in the whole industry. This has been made worse by more and more people just ordering shit online rather than going to shops.

If they sack drivers, they will just go to work for the competition who are also crying out for drivers, plus they will be left with delivery runs sitting there with no one to take them out. In this industry it’s now an employees market.

The bloke I mentioned before did a lot of overtime, doing a lot of the shifts they were short of drivers for (of which there were loads) which made him even less sackable.

I had a few customers who complained about a perceived bad attitude from myself, all of which were simply told I would not visit them again. If I had one of these cretins on a manifest I simply had to pipe up and the twat customer would be offloaded onto another driver.

I was never rude but some customers think they have the right to talk to you like shit. I don’t take it.

3 hours ago, LoftyvRS said:

Some people are shitcunts. Sorry the Fab's been damaged Ryan

I tend to find that if you generally act like a cunt, not letting people know if you've bumped into their car etc, its less traumatic when it eventually happens to you, as you just think 'Fair enough, I've dented 4 cars in the last couple of years, probably my turn to be on the receiving end'. 

Follow me for more life coaching tips. 

Re: Hermes /Evri. Some years ago you may remember Royal Mail was rebranded Consignia to much amusement to everybody except our top management who came out with all this spiel about what the name, a made up word, represented. It wasn't used on customer facing stuff but all official stuff like our payslips was rebranded. I still have a metal Consignia tie pin, it looks very much like the Stagecoach swirl. 

After much ridicule it was swiftly dropped. Though we went from being Post Office Group to Consignia but then when they reverted it became Royal Mail Group so they could claim it wasn't a complete climb down. 

7 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

That's the ones I'm looking at. Currently wanting to get it sorted mechanically before I buy a dent puller etc. :)

If you already have some hot glue sticks you could just melt the end of one and try that, the kits aren't a must but just come with loads of other pap to make them seem value for money

I know it’s no consolation as I’ve spent an hour on hold to those thieving bastards at British Gas, but Lloyds at the beginning of the Pandemic must have noticed that I was getting NHS wages and sent me out a phone number for NHS staff, I’ve used it a couple of times and it’s straight through to a human on the third or fourth ring. Brilliant service and I’m not keen to change my current account as a result. Hope they keep the service going. 

7 hours ago, Spurious said:

I know it’s no consolation as I’ve spent an hour on hold to those thieving bastards at British Gas, but Lloyds at the beginning of the Pandemic must have noticed that I was getting NHS wages and sent me out a phone number for NHS staff, I’ve used it a couple of times and it’s straight through to a human on the third or fourth ring. Brilliant service and I’m not keen to change my current account as a result. Hope they keep the service going. 

Not sure why they just can't have decent customer service for all. 

9 minutes ago, New POD said:

Not sure why they just can't have decent customer service for all. 

That would involve hiring enough staff which will improve staff morale and mental health as well as create a better customer experience.

Why would they want to do that at the expense of a shareholder dividends? 

6 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

That would involve hiring enough staff which will improve staff morale and mental health as well as create a better customer experience.

Why would they want to do that at the expense of a shareholder dividends? 

More shareholder dividends.  

My bloody parents' insistence that everything that happens in this household has to revolve around my sister and what she wants, even when she isn't fucking here and is staying at her bf's.  I hope it's not the same when she moves back out and the two of them are in their new place, else I'm flying to Poland and joining the Resistance.

(Disclaimer: I am currently saving for my own place, although I don't know why I am because I have zero life skills and no clue how to run or finance one and would rather not be here at all.)

4 hours ago, MikeR said:

how the fuk does some cunt in vietnam get into my Netflix account !!!! 

Laungauge back to english and a password change done ...

hope that spoils his chance of a legover ....

There are "gangs" of people that operate bots to hack Netflix accounts and sell them. This operation is short lived, as you have done, as soon as the P/W is changed, they no longer have access of course. 

TLDR; shysters from somewhere across the world will commit fraud for gains of about 50 pence... 

13 hours ago, MikeR said:

how the fuk does some cunt in vietnam get into my Netflix account !!!! 

Laungauge back to english and a password change done ...

hope that spoils his chance of a legover ....

I had the same a few months ago, some Romanian twat had changed the subtitles to Romanian and was watching some things I wouldn't. I didn't notice for a while as I don't use Netflix every day 🤬