The grumpy thread

outlaw118

13 minutes ago, goosey said:

When I subcontracted for Citylink I didn’t even have time to take a piss, let alone shut gates 

When I drove for Sainsburys it was never really bad, but there was one customer whose gate I deliberately left open (I'm not suggesting that our man on this thread is anything like this woman!)

I drove up to the gate, she was about 10 yards away from it. She just stared at me. So I got out and opened it. Walking back to the van, this:

Her: You will shut that gate after you drive through it. You wouldn't know the rules of the countryside, but the main rule is that you must always shut any gate you open gate.

Me: *Drive through and shut gate behind me. Drive up to the house and she slowly follows, about 90 seconds behind me.

Her: I know that people like you grow up in towns and don't understand the lifestyle that living in such fortune provides, but that doesn't mean that you can't attempt to appreciate it. *Goes on like this for a while*

I didn't say a word the entire time I was with her, I just drove off and left the gate open.

6 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

When I drove for Sainsburys it was never really bad, but there was one customer whose gate I deliberately left open (I'm not suggesting that our man on this thread is anything like this woman!)

I drove up to the gate, she was about 10 yards away from it. She just stared at me. So I got out and opened it. Walking back to the van, this:

Her: You will shut that gate after you drive through it. You wouldn't know the rules of the countryside, but the main rule is that you must always shut any gate you open gate.

Me: *Drive through and shut gate behind me. Drive up to the house and she slowly follows, about 90 seconds behind me.

Her: I know that people like you grow up in towns and don't understand the lifestyle that living in such fortune provides, but that doesn't mean that you can't attempt to appreciate it. *Goes on like this for a while*

I didn't say a word the entire time I was with her, I just drove off and left the gate open.

Ma Man 👌

Hermes around here are great. It's a lad I used to go to school with. Back then he had multiple paper rounds, then he worked at the post office until he was somewhat erroneously sacked - he didn't chuck away a load of free giveaway items, but sold them on ebay. From there he went to Hermes & sorted himself a round in its very early days. Now he has a couple of people working for him. Nearly sixty, and still doing effectively the same job he has always done!

Hermes were good here but lately we've had a string of parcels just left on the door step.  None of the delivery people look anything put stressed and fed up on the rare occasion I'm outside when they deliver, they all have that "got to do the next one" face I remember well from warehouse work.

The rebrand to Evri just makes them sound like a spambot lady offering special services, or a doctor reverend prince who wants to deposit some money into my Christian bank account thank you please and personal details.

21 hours ago, Crackers said:

I'm ill. Again.

This getting quite tiring now; I hadn't fully got over the cold/flu I had 2 weekends ago and then today I've pulled out of work early with a raging temperature and dry, persistent cough. And yet I continue to test negative for C19. Bumhats.

I know, first world problem, could be worse etc.

Have you gone for a PCR?

I had SARS before xmas, that’s going around as well in our kneck of the woods

53 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

Hermes were good here but lately we've had a string of parcels just left on the door step.  None of the delivery people look anything put stressed and fed up on the rare occasion I'm outside when they deliver, they all have that "got to do the next one" face I remember well from warehouse work.

The rebrand to Evri just makes them sound like a spambot lady offering special services, or a doctor reverend prince who wants to deposit some money into my Christian bank account thank you please and personal details.

You can picture the brain storming session.

People keep calling us HERPES! the bastards. We need a new name fast!
What about Evri?
Isn't that a bit close to Evil?
Nah, that'll never happen. People will love us after a rebrand. All our worker bees will do a brilliant job 'cos we've got a new name.

I don't understand the rename game. We used to book a holiday cottage on HomeAway, which kind of suggests holidays? Engage the rebrand, it's now VRBO. WTF is VRBO supposed to make you think of? Not that far from being ASBO.

Shite-withdrawal.  It seems this is a genuine condition.  Six months after scrapping that awful Astra, I find myself coveting all sorts of automotive rubbish just so that I can have a Daily of my own again.  Otherwise, all I have is the insanely thirsty Huggy, or the Motability bus which strictly speaking, isn't for my use at all.

It's perhaps fortunate for me that nothing advertised on this forum is within easy reach...

16 hours ago, horriblemercedes said:

What a fucking entitled thick cunt. In all my time doing the same job I don't think I ever came across anyone quite that patronising.

Good on you for making a point by leaving the gate open, I would have done the same.

13 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Found a dent and scratch on the Fabia. Presumably from a white car. Grrrrr.

20220322_172108.thumb.jpg.ef8ef770804b1eb9e0c9662e79639d4e.jpg

Maybe not easy to see but it's just after the kink bit on the arch.

Fuck me, that's practically a write off. If someone did that to one of my cars I'd;

a, not sleep for a week worrying about it 

b, not even notice 

The joy of autoshite eh?

18 minutes ago, barefoot said:

Fuck me, that's practically a write off. If someone did that to one of my cars I'd;

a, not sleep for a week worrying about it 

b, not even notice 

The joy of autoshite eh?

I'm not as bothered about the dent itself. It's the fact that there was no note or anything. But what do I expect from 21st century folk anyway? 😂

Bloody weather

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbbamZIrxnQ/?utm_medium=copy_link

tmp_33de8f57-893b-4f5d-ba70-0a5d0fae5b70.thumb.jpg.d82d55378fbcf2526ca1f8d6f17ea4a6.jpg

Big tornado, started building up over my house, ended up destroying a significant path through New Orleans. 

Red track is about 40 miles long on that map.

Getting a bit fed up of being hit by big weather at the house.

Just opened packs for two magazines I subscribe to, both from organisations that love to tell you how green they are. Absolutely chock full of junk Mail , between them almost enough paper to print another magazine.

I respect anyone’s opinion but can’t stand hypocrisy . Amazon are another one, “oh we're so green look at us with solar panels and electric vans”, then the send you a box half the size of my shed when you buy something the size of a matchbox !

2 hours ago, Angrydicky said:

Good on you for making a point by leaving the gate open, I would have done the same.

In my considerable experience that kind of protest, while satisfying at the time, almost always comes back to bite you, hard.

Boss: I believe you left Mrs Smith's gate open

Driver: yeah, she was going on about being in the countryside and stuff.  I didn't tell her I grew up on a farm so I already know all that shit.

Boss: Then of all people, you should know better.  You're fired.

Just be careful.  Nobody wins an argument against a customer.

30 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

What's that got to do with the 21st century? People were exactly the same in the 20th one

Shall we just agree that most folk are arseholes in general? 😆

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
Most folk, not everyone.

10 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

In my considerable experience that kind of protest, while satisfying at the time, almost always comes back to bite you, hard.

Boss: I believe you left Mrs Smith's gate open

Driver: yeah, she was going on about being in the countryside and stuff.  I didn't tell her I grew up on a farm so I already know all that shit.

Boss: Then of all people, you should know better.  You're fired.

Just be careful.  Nobody wins an argument against a customer.

Doubt if that's a sacking offence.

1 minute ago, artdjones said:

I never heard a thing about it again. If I had, I would've just played dumb and said that I had forgotten to close it. I knew that nothing more would've come of it, and even that much was unlikely

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Ta, I might get a hold of one of those cheap dent puller things just for experimentation's sake.

I had a similar dent on the wing of my BMW that came out almost completely with that kind of DIY treatment, and there are quite a few videos with tips and demos on Youtube. Got to be worth a try. Even if it doesn't work that well, it's useful experience

25 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Shall we just agree that folk are arseholes in general? 😆

They absolutely are.

20 minutes ago, artdjones said:

You haven't worked in some of the places I have (although tbf it might take more than one occasion).

19 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

I never heard a thing about it again. If I had, I would've just played dumb and said that I had forgotten to close it. I knew that nothing more would've come of it, and even that much was unlikely

You were lucky.

My rover p6 has been parked on my drive, it's a shared drive with the next door neighbours. After the wind a few weeks ago. I came out to the p6 to find a scratch on the passenger front door.

They leave all the bins out and every morning when its windy I have to pick those things up.

We have told them to stick them inside their own gardens while its windy but they never listen.

Luckily my dad was able to get most of the scratches out. Idiots