The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Despite advice on AS telling me to wire the tow bar on my Fusion with a generic kit I went and bought a genuine new old stock ford wiring kit. It was cheap enough and after sending the vendor my VIN I was told that it was the correct kit for the car. Predictably, I've fitted it and it won't work. There's a single wire and plug on the Fusion's loom that appears to be missing that the kit needs to plug in to and when I tried to plug a 20a fuse into the fuse board under the dash there was no wiring on the other side of the slot for the fuse to actually plug in to. 

The single wire from the wiring kit is for the indicator tell-tale on the dashboard and the 20a fuse would presumably provide a live feed. Why these items are missing on my car I have no idea. but I'll have to work around it I guess!

Image 1 - Ford Fiesta Mk6 Tow Bar Wiring Kit Genuine OEM 1143759 2S6J15A416BA

2C27485C-E3AE-463C-9264-A0DE52A3DE58.jpeg

EE1AA9B1-A21A-4944-8687-98DF4E272961.jpeg

70A611B9-3BE6-4BAA-8F7B-873D4D24BD73.jpeg

Been to look at a car this afternoon. "Maintained regardless of cost" "Well looked after - Needs nothing"  "Really nice condition".

Surprised I did not buy it - Well mate the 3 bold tyres / Smashed rear arch ( Pictured in the advert not to show it ) / Bumper flapping about on 50% of the clips it needs and random shredded wires hanging underneath

should be a clue!

Bugger!

59 minutes ago, Billy - Medhurst said:

Been to look at a car this afternoon. "Maintained regardless of cost" "Well looked after - Needs nothing"  "Really nice condition".

Surprised I did not buy it - Well mate the 3 bold tyres / Smashed rear arch ( Pictured in the advert not to show it ) / Bumper flapping about on 50% of the clips it needs and random shredded wires hanging underneath

should be a clue!

Bugger!

I expect the advert will soon be relisted with the phrase "re-advertised due to timewasters" as a bonus little stab at you for them!

33 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I expect the advert will soon be relisted with the phrase "re-advertised due to timewasters" as a bonus little stab at you for them!

Facebook market place - Still on there. Was suggested buy it quickly as more people were on the way. Yeah right that old chestnut........

6 hours ago, mat_the_cat said:

Almost witnessed a smash today :-(

No you didn't. There was loads of room. 

Nothing wrong with that. Obviously the actual speed would get an instant ban, but as an overtake? Perfect. 

5 hours ago, New POD said:

Only because both I, and the oncoming vehicle braked. I've got to admit it was impressive acceleration, but aside from that still think it was too close for comfort. 

28 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Yup, no swerving. braking or other avoidance measures needed.

/\Erm...

1 hour ago, Metal Guru said:

CDs? What century are you in?

My dad said he felt old a few years ago when I bought a cd from the merch stand of a band we saw! Got back in his ioniq and... No cd player 😂 He hadn't realised, just assumed it had one! Had to wait until I was back in my car to play it. Then once home I ripped it, tagged it, dropped it onto the USB stick I keep in the car and haven't touched the disc again... 

25 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

My dad said he felt old a few years ago when I bought a cd from the merch stand of a band we saw! Got back in his ioniq and... No cd player 😂 He hadn't realised, just assumed it had one! Had to wait until I was back in my car to play it. Then once home I ripped it, tagged it, dropped it onto the USB stick I keep in the car and haven't touched the disc again... 

My Mum had the same issue going from the 2010 Auris to the new Duster. Obviously the Auris had a CD player and she had all of her music on CDs, and the Duster didn't. You can guess whose job it was to transfer them all... 😂

10 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

My Mum had the same issue going from the 2010 Auris to the new Duster. Obviously the Auris had a CD player and she had all of her music on CDs, and the Duster didn't. You can guess whose job it was to transfer them all... 😂

See, this is why 90s cars are brilliant.  Mine has a CD, decent AM/FM radio, cassette player and I've added an aux in.

Still working on the 8-track, mind...

5 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

See, this is why 90s cars are brilliant.  Mine has a CD, decent AM/FM radio, cassette player and I've added an aux in.

Still working on the 8-track, mind...

What if you can get your mitts on an 8-track portable? Then just run it through the aux input?

9 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Wasn’t that close, seen a lot worse.

9 hours ago, New POD said:

Nothing wrong with that. Obviously the actual speed would get an instant ban, but as an overtake? Perfect. 

4 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Yup, no swerving. braking or other avoidance measures needed.

Given that none of you were actually driving, I really don't see how you can comment.  A video doesn't ever give the full story.

If the OP says it was close.. you know, the person who was actually driving and actually there, then surely you should believe them rather than looking like youtube commenters from about 2010.

1 hour ago, jakebullet said:

Observe this photo. How much are the hot cross buns?

20220313_132526.thumb.jpg.e05c72aae6a61445252305977264794c.jpg

If your answer is 2 for £2 then you are WRONG!

The traditional ones that are somewhere else in the shop and not on the entrance display are 2 for £2. Displayed ones are full price with no multibuy offer.

My local Booths are sods for doing this...every week, we get overcharged because of some crap POS. To be fair though, they always honour their mistakes, unlike Tesco who would fight tooth and nail to get that extra 20p out of you, hence my studiously avoiding Tesco and all their subsidiaries for several years now. That and their ridiculous overcharging of people who don't wish to use a Clubcard. 

On 09/03/2022 at 17:00, RoverFolkUs said:

What year Civic? I can't remember exactly off the top of my head but there's a certain module on the spaceship Civic that's prone to staying 'awake' and draining the battery 

bluetooth handsfree module- lives in the panel above right knee/fusebox

40 minutes ago, NorthernMonkey said:

My local Booths are sods for doing this...every week, we get overcharged because of some crap POS. To be fair though, they always honour their mistakes, unlike Tesco who would fight tooth and nail to get that extra 20p out of you, hence my studiously avoiding Tesco and all their subsidiaries for several years now. That and their ridiculous overcharging of people who don't wish to use a Clubcard. 

Woman on customer services rolled eyes and said it's only on traditional ones. Guessing we was number 300 of the day to ask. She was delighted* when we came back 5 minutes later with reduced cheese charged at full price. 

We wasn't super impressed last cafe visit when person on the till is wearing a lanyard saying "I have autism and may be slow. Please be patient". Not a nice way to treat your staff at all.

Prolly a good job we don't go to Ilkley that often.