The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Communications between Britain and Ireland have gone back to the 16th century. I thought it was bad enwhen a small parcel took nearly 3 weeks to get here, but I just received a letter from the lady who owns the house next door but lives in Cambridge. Postmarked 13th December in Peterborough.

It seems that Norwegian Post has lost the package with the parts for the Vivaro. This is the first time something like this has happened to me. And it is impossible to get through to Norway Post by phone, I have talked to those I have bought the parts from and they have opened a case on this with Norway Post. But this can take time and is a big problem as I have to have the parts before next weekend. I can buy the parts again or another place but I can not afford it but may look like I have to.

car dealers , are they taking the Mick ....

looked at one car out of interest and decided to check the MOT history , that was ok

but then

Recalls still outstanding  ...  dum dum deeer

only 7 possible , some of which involved suspension issues , loss of control and the possible death of kittens and nuns ..

well that was the Kiss of Death for that place ....  drive on

Yesterday was the second day of doing diggering work on my drive. Removed a recent windfall tree and it uncovered the phone cable to my house which was never buried when installed about 60 years ago but just run along the side of the road. Carefully moved it to one side but noticed 7 historic repairs in the 3 or 4 metre section. Phone and internet stopped working. Reported and told it will be fixed by midnight Tuesday. This morning it came back on for about 20 mins but was sloooooow. Off all day. Been back on now for a couple of hours. Works the landline enough to ring, but nothing more and still no dial tone. Internet is working, but a download speed of 8kB. Roll on Tuesday.....

I've got a trailer that originally  had 10" BL Mini wheels on, which were crap so I replaced them with MG Midget Rostyles which fitted fine but turned out were buckled... apparently they all buckle. I bought 12" Rover Mini Minilites and they won't fit because the centre bore is too small! How on earth the 10" wheels fit but the 12" don't I have no idea. I'll have to find out how to drill out the centre so they fit. 

Cunts. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ulez-ultra-low-emission-zone-expand-greater-london-sadiq-khan-b986027.html

So I drive buses in London. I'm not made of money. As well as paying shit loads extra for fuel and to heat my fucking flat. And eat, I'll have to buy another fucking car? 

Fuck right off. 

I'll fight this. 

31 minutes ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

Cunts. 

Fuck right off. 

I'll fight this. 

I'd not waste the energy, you won't win, it will happen whether you fight it or not.

Can you not get the bus to work?*

*Joke 

9 minutes ago, inconsistant said:

Yeah Londoners are so entitled. Once they get less dangerous pollution levels then what next?
Air that doesn’t kill you or make you ill should be the preserve of those who can afford to move somewhere nice. 

Apparently lead in fuel, made inner city kids a bit thick. No surely that's breeding. 

20 minutes ago, inconsistant said:

Yeah Londoners are so entitled. Once they get less dangerous pollution levels then what next?
Air that doesn’t kill you or make you ill should be the preserve of those who can afford to move somewhere nice. 

The sooner electric cars are adopted by the majority of the London population, the sooner people like us will be able to drive our old shite throughout the city again. I welcome them.

14 hours ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

Cunts. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ulez-ultra-low-emission-zone-expand-greater-london-sadiq-khan-b986027.html

So I drive buses in London. I'm not made of money. As well as paying shit loads extra for fuel and to heat my fucking flat. And eat, I'll have to buy another fucking car? 

Fuck right off. 

I'll fight this. 

Nothing to do with pollution it's just another way to screw money out of the cash cow motorist.

On the way home this morning, a prick decided he didn't want to wait. Overtook me and a car in front. Proceeded to pebble dash my car. Scratched the front bumper and chipped some trim.

Half an hour ago I thought I'd get some polishes out to try and improve it.

Instead:

20220307_164705.jpg

That's about £10 worth of autoglym down the pisser, over my slippers and up my jeans legs.

Some fanny on a pushbike absolutely had to undertake the queue of traffic at some temporary lights and tried to cut in front of me just as I was setting off causing the whole 20+ cars to have to follow this dickhead down the narrow coned off section for half a mile at 10mph. I'm a cyclist as well and this sort of stuff winds me up even more because it's turning the general public even more against us, on top of these new stupid fucking rules.

Then, not long after that I hit a pigeon at 60mph right in the middle of the windscreen which smeared a load of blood and guts all over and made me feel fucking terrible.

About a minute later my stereo started doing it's trick where it flicks onto FM at full volume every 5 seconds and there's nothing you can do to stop it, which resulted in me pulling the fucking thing out of the dashboard and snapping the bastard in half in a childish rage.

When I get into work and the owners of the business centre have sent a letter to us saying that I can't leave any non-signwritten vehicles in the car park overnight as of the end of this month, because a bloke over the way was taking the piss and has had a horsebox, 2 lorries, a caravan, 2 trailers and various other shit here for about 5 years, so now I've got to find somewhere else to park whichever of my vans I'm not using that day. This irks me particularly because I rent two units here and I have 1 personal vehicle here overnight, whereas there's a delivery company that rents one tiny office and they park upwards of 25 vans/cars and take up half the carpark twice a day when they get an artic delivering stuff. 

EDIT: oh and I've just got a text message off my wife saying one of the dogs has done a large emergency wet shit on my favourite walking boots

40 minutes ago, cobblers said:

About a minute later my stereo started doing it's trick where it flicks onto FM at full volume every 5 seconds and there's nothing you can do to stop it, which resulted in me pulling the fucking thing out of the dashboard and snapping the bastard in half in a childish rage.

Genuinely giggled at this.   Sounds like the sort of shit I would do when at the end of my tether.  Look at it this way.. the radio won't do that (or indeed anything) again.

57 minutes ago, barefoot said:

I’d get two 8x4 sheets , hinged / cable tied together like a tent. Paint a business name  ( not yours a made up one like Amazin or eGay) on it as amateurishly as possible with a 4in paint brush ( bonus points for runs).

Plonk  it in a parking space chained to an old push bike. Sign written vehicle, it meets the rules.

51 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Genuinely giggled at this.   Sounds like the sort of shit I would do when at the end of my tether.  Look at it this way.. the radio won't do that (or indeed anything) again.

It's been going on for about a year with this fault, each time I'll fuck about with it, take the front on and off a few times and it'll act OK for long enough for me to forget to order a new one.

Not this fucking time, buster!! I was trying to throw it out of the window but I couldn't get the plug out of the back of it so I settled for snapping the facia in half. That'll show the bastard!

BBC News - Tyre Extinguishers: Hundreds of SUVs have tyres deflated by activists
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60660711

Another bunch of self entitled arseholes who see no further than the end of their noses.

238371878_Screenshot_20220308-133130_BBCNews.thumb.jpg.72da3cbd51806b47032e41f6f381fd2a.jpg

This will now create more congestion and pollution as breakdown and garage services flood the area to inflate all these tyres. How many people have been late for work, medical and legal appointments, etc? Are the SUV's guzzling any more fuel than other cars in the area? Plus I would think many hybrids suffered their actions too.

Shame none of them were caught in their act and given a good kicking.

http://tyreextinguishers.com/

57 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

BBC News - Tyre Extinguishers: Hundreds of SUVs have tyres deflated by activists
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60660711

Another bunch of self entitled arseholes who see no further than the end of their noses.

238371878_Screenshot_20220308-133130_BBCNews.thumb.jpg.72da3cbd51806b47032e41f6f381fd2a.jpg

This will now create more congestion and pollution as breakdown and garage services flood the area to inflate all these tyres. How many people have been late for work, medical and legal appointments, etc? Are the SUV's guzzling any more fuel than other cars in the area? Plus I would think many hybrids suffered their actions too.

Shame none of them were caught in their act and given a good kicking.

http://tyreextinguishers.com/

Website is hilarious. How to spot a SUV.

Shows a Nissan Qashqai and a Duke ffs! Fortunately they have not included the advice “avoid any sort of Range Rover with blacked out windows unless you want to feel a baseball bat around your head!

5 minutes ago, Metal Guru said:

Website is hilarious. How to spot a SUV.

Shows a Nissan Qashqai and a Duke ffs! Fortunately they have not included the advice “avoid any sort of Range Rover with blacked out windows unless you want to feel a baseball bat around your head!

I guess that most people would offer GBH first and think about the consequences later.