The grumpy thread

outlaw118

A visit from a relative and her family who live in The Netherlands. That is not the grump.

The grump is her hubby brought the Covids with him. Came down with symptoms in the first two days.

Having been vaccinated they do not need to have test before flights. Fuck, now we have four adults officially confined to the house. Plus one 4 year old, who is full of beans. The registration system for detailing who has gone down with the lurgy is rubbish. Europeans can use ID cards rather than passports when travelling to other EU countries. The registration website does not allow for those ID card numbers to be filled in. It took many many phone calls to sort it out.

The wife and I have never caught Covid until now.  Thankfully it seems like it is the Omicron version so everything is mild.

Selling cars on the Internet

Don't get me wrong i'm used to the "best price" tyre kickers but with the Toyota i'm trying to sell i've had THREE no shows. Never ever had 1 never mind 3. They ask for address and phone number then disappear i just really hope I haven't got scammed or something. The last guy text me, messaged on gumtree and facebook, was supposed to come at 2pm today asked him to give me a message when he was an hour away so i could be home, that came and went then 2pm came and went sent him a message....cant make it sorry. 💩

I know this is relative small fry compared to what the people on the ground are going through over there

but this makes me sad :( 

image.thumb.png.71a515b647a1236457bd9d9cff16bf96.png

I had really hoped it would of been flown out of their before the fighting started or that it could have avoided the battle somehow...

RIP you big beautiful bastard

Still can't fathom out how something so large is able to get airborne, I know its to do with flaps and lift and such but it still amazes me - big iron bird in the sky.

Seen the Airbus Beluga monster land and take of a couple of times at their Broughton site, quite a spectacle and really doesn't seem possible to me.

107005967-1643131417731-107005967-1643124142696-gettyimages-1237820101-20090101220119-99-763335.jpg.2ae030ab70caa30afc34f3fceb95ee91.jpg

Skoda kamiq @Skizzer

Do the Irish bolt these together ffs

Lane assist turns on everytime you restart the engine on Irish boreena that's not a fun experience with paddy in his zetor bearing down on you also the USB ports are the ends that go in yer phone not the universal square end that it should be wtf is up with that

Only good thing is its mostly comfy and gets a shift on for a three pot

12 hours ago, gm said:

some tit sold the hardtop from his mx5 then discovered that the soft top wouldn't close as it was too cold for the vinyl to stretch :( 

I remember my mate doing that. We did get the hood to close. Luckily the Mx5 had a good heater. Pulled hood over as far as it would go, whacked heater up full and threw a blanket over the gap at the front to keep the heat in. It didn't take too long to warm the vinyl and get it pliable.

14 hours ago, gm said:

some tit sold the hardtop from his mx5 then discovered that the soft top wouldn't close as it was too cold for the vinyl to stretch :( 

When I fitted a new hood, I tightened up the bolts around the back before putting the hood up. 

When I phoned the supplier, they laughed at my simple error. 

Undid the bolts a bit. Put hood up. And then tighten the bolts again. 

Jumped into the Rover this morning to head to work, got a few yards up the road and noticed a strange grinding noise coming from the front.  Pulled over and smelled burning rubber.  A brief investigation ascertained that the nearside front spring has snapped and the top half is digging into the tread of the shiny new* tyre I just had fitted.

Testicles.

Why are most radio adverts now voiced by blokes who can't speak properly? I'd have assumed a basic understanding of English grammar would be a prerequisite. 

A prime example is the latest Go Daddy radio advert.

The very second I hear the words, 'Yeah fam' I change the station. Seriously, who rubber stamps this shite? 

1 hour ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Why are most radio adverts now voiced by blokes who can't speak properly? I'd have assumed a basic understanding of English grammar would be a prerequisite. 

The very second I hear the words, 'Yeah fam' I change the station. Seriously, who rubber stamps this shite? 

What is a radio?😉

Bought a battery from Tayna on ebay, use them often.

Somehow I had a discount code for  £8-34, so used it and got the reduction.

Credit card bill shows charged full price.

Complained, reply was, 'thank you for your message you will receive a refund of £8-34'.

No apology whatsoever.

Check your statements with Tayna.

Got some new specs on Monday. First time with varifocals, lady says it's possible you won't get used to them. They're sort of ok walking about, but can't drive in them as looking over my shoulder to change lanes or reversing I end up looking thru the mid distance bit. Went back to opticians and he's trying to give me spiel about you'll get used to them. Er, no thanks, don't want to have crashes trying. I'll have normal specs n continue looking over the top for close work.

1 hour ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Can I suggest using CDs* instead? 😆

*other mediums are available.