The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I really can't properly explain but Ford of Europe seemed to be able to make any of their model range look "purposeful" by just adding a couple of spoilers and a set of driving lamps. Lob them on a Mk1 Cavalier and they just look shit. Even the 2300HSR Chevette looks like a shopping car with a Richard Grant bodykit stuck on.

Unit landlord is being a cock. Yes, everyone else is allowed to have cars coming out of the fucking rafters, but I'm not. How come I get it in the neck and that useless gibbering gump of a next door neighbour is allowed to fill the cow shed full of his unsaleable fleet? You know, the cow shed no-one's supposed to use except the farmer. Yeah, and the whole 'not running a business' thing - so that doesn't apply to him either, right? :roll::roll::roll:

And he can fuck off berating me for 'not being there' when he is. Am I supposed to be psychic or something? We pay the rent on time and don't cock about. I can't move one of the 480s into the unit this week at all because of my placement and revision, and also because my space is rammed full of other people's shit AGAIN. First it was that heap of an L300 that we nearly came to blows over, and now it's got an engine crane and half a Welsh forest stuffed in there for the burner which is still definitely a blackened oil can full of dust. Tidied up what I could and it'll now have to wait, I cannot be ARSED shunting Andy's Saabs out of the way on my own that block the entrance in, and I can't finish off stripping the white 480 and send it to the frag until May 28 at the earliest.

Not happy. Not happy at all.

Oh, and the excellent wheels I went to pick up, one of which is 'slighty rusty' is also 'bent as fuck'. Complete set of 4 wheels and tyres my arse. I shall be having words with the seller.

never trusing a french garage again, now im not one to moan lol, but twice this week we have been put in near death situations because of stupid french mechanics, on monday the car was grinding (needed discs and pads) so i tell janine go take it to auto l'eclerc in st junien see if they have the parts, well they didnt so she went to Profile+ opposite Carrefour in St Junien, they condemn the car as unfit to drive but said they can get the parts, fair dues i think long as the job gets done the bill then goes from €180 or discs and pads to €380 as they say the bearings are knackered, grrrr, tuesday passes as the car is not ready but wednesday morning it is ready so we go to pick the car up, its sat outside so we go and pay and we are on our way, about 2kms into our journey, janines flashing like mad so pull over, she says its not any better, i lol'd but took the car for a quick spin, then pulled over to have a gander and would you f...ing believe it still the old disc and pads on there, WTF... so go back to garage who tell us that they couldnt do the work as it was dealer only, they would however give us a refund, give me a fucking refund you did nothing, tosspots wankerstains... so of to another garage somewhat closer, yes they can get the parts would be ready the next day, ok, next day car is ready woohooo, potter about the weekend and great, anyway got home today to janine saying it was banging again, take a spin, sure enough banging, get under the car and their are no bolts holding the brake carriers on :o so again off to the garage on a wtf are you playing at mission to be told its was the bosses as they dont allow staff to use copper grease or locite on bolts.. OMG never ever ever again... each of these times the kids have been in the car, never trusting another french mechanic with my car ever again..

Not had a great day at work.

To cut a long story short - by the early afternoon an Email came in which I didn't like the look of, so I instinctively tried to punch it off my screen. It was a complete reflex reaction and out of my control. Wondering what I'll do tomorrow, probably stab someone! Great stuff.

To cut a long story short - by the early afternoon an Email came in which I didn't like the look of, so I instinctively tried to punch it off my screen. It was a complete reflex reaction and out of my control. Wondering what I'll do tomorrow, probably stab someone! Great stuff.

Go and work for Pog, you could drive his van and 'do' paperwork saying I'm a client of his, for services rendered in sweet and sour pork.

I destroyed two keyboards and roundhouse'd the vending machine in my last job. I also bounced a monitor off my desk by slamming it with my fist on that unfortunate day I walked out. That one I explained away as electric shock. And psychotic levels of stress. And the supervisor being a heinous bitch.

Etc.

Whoever designed the interior plastics (let alone the pedal arrangement) on the Peugeot 106 deserves a decent windmilling one night.

I've done this. But I'm self employed so I don't get sacked but I have to buy a new screen. anyway, I suggest.

falling-down.jpg

Whoever designed the interior plastics (let alone the pedal arrangement) on the Peugeot 106 deserves a decent windmilling one night.

Which bit of plastic? I have had loads of these and they haven't ever really frustrated me other than shitty ECUs and coilpacks on GTIs. Pedals are odd but after about 10 minutes I got used to them (size 10s with big SK8 SHOEZ)

But SRIOUS, which bit is causing a problem, I might know a solution. Full dash out is about a 45 minute job at the worst.

if it's any consolation Billy the pedal box in the Saxo \ 106 pisses me off as well, and I have quite small feet.

Believe it or not it's the bloody steering colum shroud thing that goes round the ignition.

OH actually that is a bit of a sod. If I remember right the key is to smash the bottom piece it up and and towards the front of the car to hook it over the clip thing before you put the middle screw in.

Believe it or not it's the bloody steering colum shroud thing that goes round the ignition.

OH actually that is a bit of a sod. If I remember right the key is to smash the bottom piece it up and and towards the front of the car to hook it over the clip thing before you put the middle screw in.

Ta la, will have another go later time permitting. The one at the scrappy was a swine to get out (at least the bottom bit was) and now it doesn't seem to want to fit my lad's car!

Sodding 3 Mobile internet. Came out around 2006, and it used to be BRILLIANT from day one. How the flipping hell is it possible that 5 years of presence in the market, instead of improving on a decent product, have made it totally SHIT? I'm not talking about it being a bit slow- the bloody thing just keeps disconnecting at random (and it's not the location of the house- supposedly it's 5/5 signal, and it does it everywhere anyway). Looks like I need to look for a landline provider and ISP- good luck finding one who doesn't want to tie you into a 393743297 year-long contract.

Looks like I need to look for a landline provider and ISP- good luck finding one who doesn't want to tie you into a 393743297 year-long contract.

Post office?

3G wise, If you've got one of those old Huawei E220 modems, crack it apart and pop a proper antennae on it. Costs about a quid and made mine into a relatively stable connection whilst we waited for line+DSL in this place.

Sodding 3 Mobile internet. Came out around 2006, and it used to be BRILLIANT from day one. How the flipping hell is it possible that 5 years of presence in the market, instead of improving on a decent product, have made it totally SHIT? I'm not talking about it being a bit slow- the bloody thing just keeps disconnecting at random (and it's not the location of the house- supposedly it's 5/5 signal, and it does it everywhere anyway). Looks like I need to look for a landline provider and ISP- good luck finding one who doesn't want to tie you into a 393743297 year-long contract.

It's quite possible that the uptake of 3g mobile internets in your area has been so great that the basestations can no longer cope with the volume, hence the dropped calls.

It's quite possible that the uptake of 3g mobile internets in your area has been so great that the basestations can no longer cope with the volume, hence the dropped calls.

But it happens elsewhere, too...I just called them and they said that there must be a virus on my PC... "the disconnections are not from the mast". OF COURSE THEY ARE NOT...IS THE MAST BOTHERED ABOUT WHETHER MY CONNECTION ACTUALLY WORKS?

I was wondering that myself. My phone, which uses the Vodafone network, is acceptably quick even on GPRS but I can rarely even get online in Edinburgh, even though it's showing full-strength HSDPA coverage.

Substitute 3 Mobile Internet for Tesco and you have the same problems. From being seriously good at customer help and nothing being a problem Tesco have been sodding awful the last few years. Every bloody time the internet disconnects (and trust me we're talking countless times a day mostly) they have a different excuse.

I was told today by a girl on my placement that I'd never make it as a journalist because I don't have an iPhone.

I didn't know whether to laugh it off or argue in no uncertain terms about Apple kit being depressingly average bilge cleverly marketed. As I was otherwise getting on well with her, I went for the former (OMG WAT IN SOCIAL SKILLZ SHOCKER).

Well, the newsroom have their own iPhone, so I'd just use theirs. They also use TDi Golfs as news cars. I'd just drive theirs as and when. No skin off my nose. Anyone spot the similarities or is it just me?

It seems that there is also a purpose for Twitter, that I can fathom as well. It's very useful for breaking news feeds. As a result, I now have an account.

Well I work at O2, and the amount of awkward customers who own the iPhone is around 75%, they always seem to have an issue with the warranty if they get a replacement handset. And they seem to think it's waterproof, trust me, any amount of water that turns the indicator paper a different colour on the inside will render the warranty void and you will get hit with a £139 repair quote (optional). Whilst they are good phones (I have one), they aren't the cream of a bad crop anymore, the Samsung ones, and HTC ones are good. Put it this way, HTC phones are so reliable we have to book them in as manufacturer 'other' when they come in for repair, it's that rare.

Depends what sort of journalist you want to be - if you want to be the sort of tosser who rewrites press releases and talks about viral Internet trends, I'm sure a "smart" phone of some description makes the job easier.

If you want to be a proper journalist, you won't need one of them as you'll be too busy doing proper investigative work - talking to people, sneaking around places, gaining information. Priorities for your phone would more likely be aimed towards reception and battery life, not reading some dumbass Twitter comments. I wouldn't mind being an investigative journalist, I've certainly got enough leads to go off.

Substitute 3 Mobile Internet for Tesco and you have the same problems. From being seriously good at customer help and nothing being a problem Tesco have been sodding awful the last few years. Every bloody time the internet disconnects (and trust me we're talking countless times a day mostly) they have a different excuse.

I try to avoid buying anything Tesco. While there are companies out there that are less ethical, Tesco has grown so big that it has the entire UK economy by the balls. A friend works in their HQ and she said they are planning to open even more stores...watch out for your house becoming a bloody Tesco Express!

Plus their supermarkets are usually filled with mouthbreathers lusting over OMG PLAZMA TELLY- shopping at Aldi or even Morrisons is bliss in comparison.

What's even worse is that my (Orange) SIM seems to be a bit buggered and the call quality is awful, so I can't even call 3 to tell them just how shit their connection is.

Depends what sort of journalist you want to be - if you want to be the sort of tosser who rewrites press releases and talks about viral Internet trends, I'm sure a "smart" phone of some description makes the job easier.

That'll be 99% of journalists then, and (probably) not because 99% of journalists are lazy twats- it's just the nature of the job these days.

To anyone with a 3G phone suffering from web issues and call dropping, it may be worth checking to see if you SIM card is a 3G one, because if not, they can really struggle. Free to get a replacement, with the same number too.

Looks like I need to look for a landline provider and ISP- good luck finding one who doesn't want to tie you into a 393743297 year-long contract.

Post office?

3G wise, If you've got one of those old Huawei E220 modems, crack it apart and pop a proper antennae on it. Costs about a quid and made mine into a relatively stable connection whilst we waited for line+DSL in this place.

Take a look at Plusnet.

I have no grounds for recommending it but they come across quite convincingly.

You may have to move to Yorkshire of course but that can be seen as a bonus :)