The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Lovely weekend entertaining my parents who were down from Kent, ruined today by a £300 vet bill for the black cat who has an infected fanny and the start of kidney disease.

£700 the 2 cats have cost in the last 2 months in medication and vet appointments. And I feel more is on the cards.

Why when my wife is clearly exhibiting all the signs of post traumatic grief, do I take her actions as anger towards me?  Had a brilliant Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday and then the shit went to fan. 

Why why why why why am I such a fucking arse. I then made it 100 times worse today, because I mistook the actual words coming out of her mouth as something other than the cry for help, and instead took it all as a personal insult. 

And now, why the fuck is she now 2 hours away, alone and sad on Valentine's day. Why the fuck am I such a cunt? 

3 minutes ago, New POD said:

Why when my wife is clearly exhibiting all the signs of post traumatic grief, do I take her actions as anger towards me?  Had a brilliant Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday and then the shit went to fan. 

Why why why why why am I such a fucking arse. I then made it 100 times worse today, because I mistook the actual words coming out of her mouth as something other than the cry for help, and instead took it all as a personal insult. 

And now, why the fuck is she now 2 hours away, alone and sad on Valentine's day. Why the fuck am I such a cunt? 

It's possible you are not.

You just started a day early.

7 minutes ago, New POD said:

I don't think you sound like a cunt at all. It's not easy for anyone involved to live with problems like that and you can't be expected to do the perfect thing every time it goes wrong. 

On 2/13/2022 at 7:09 PM, Wack said:

This makes me fucking grumpy , this cunt needs to be relieved of £300 by way of a fine , straight to the cash machine or a trip to court 

Have some fucking respect

That is not a real Guardsman. They would never stand like that. He is not dressed smartly enough either. Just more Titwank entertainment for you.

I'm not having much luck as of late.

PXL_20220214_181603078.thumb.jpg.ef054ce4218ab2a5d51434ccaae904e8.jpg

It's the Micra's turn this week. Expansion tank riddled with cracks on top. Breathing on it caused this hole.

PXL_20220214_182734454.thumb.jpg.491b5befad26566709e39a549b885ade.jpgPXL_20220214_182847378.thumb.jpg.83c0536138c77fb5de04af92fe889f83.jpg

Made a temporarily permanent repair with gaffa tape. It took two attempts: I applied too much pressure and went straight through. Fortunately the tank's designed so that it's never under pressure, so this'll be OK for the time being... until it begins leaking, that is.

3 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

I'm not having much luck as of late.

PXL_20220214_181603078.thumb.jpg.ef054ce4218ab2a5d51434ccaae904e8.jpg

It's the Micra's turn this week. Expansion tank riddled with cracks on top. Breathing on it caused this hole.

PXL_20220214_182734454.thumb.jpg.491b5befad26566709e39a549b885ade.jpgPXL_20220214_182847378.thumb.jpg.83c0536138c77fb5de04af92fe889f83.jpg

Made a temporarily permanent repair with gaffa tape. It took two attempts: I applied too much pressure and went straight through. Fortunately the tank's designed so that it's never under pressure, so this'll be OK for the time being... until it begins leaking, that is.

On my wife's Micra this mod let the gutter on the wing refill the bottle ,took me a while to find out why it was always full !!!

Mrs Imp had to take the Mazda 6 into the garage yesterday for a new clutch at 40k. We've had it from 20k.

Garage even said 'thats early for a clutch' but for her thats good she managed to destroy the clutch on her Mazda 2 in 10k from new and similarly with the Megane. 

She's finally coming round to the idea of getting a Mills-o-matic. However, last time I let her drive my Jag, I was following her and her left foot was on the brakes the whole journey as the lights were lit up. 

I don't know what to suggest. She won't ride a pushbike she prefers to drag her clutch for 2 miles to the gym every day and ride a static bike there instead for an hour. 

Reckon if I can get her to keep her left foot in check a wafter is the way forward.

32 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

Reckon if I can get her to keep her left foot in check a wafter is the way forward.

I suggest that you stamp on her left foot/kick her in the shin before letting her drive. I'm sure she would soon get the hang of it. 

(Or more likely kick you back/out)

Are any of yous able to play this album?

Ooooh it embedded. Nice! Anyway, I can't get this to play, or anything released by Big Country between 1995 and 1999 (and obviously the US release above from 2002 which is an expanded 'Driving to Damascus'). Certainly, I could just go back to my shitty iTunes rips from way back, but that's not the point. Damned copyrights or whatever.

Does anyone remember those NOS Austin A30/A35 door handles I was given a month or so ago?  I sold them on eBay and sent them out via Royal Mail who immediately lost them. Those handles had been in storage for 50 years odd and now they're gone, presumably destroyed. 

I've submitted a claim to RM but it turns out I was only insured up to £20 and not the £40 I sold them for, my own fault as I didn't check, although I did explain the situation to the Postmistress who advised on the best service. I often use Hermes but decided to use RM as I didn't want these items to go missing and RM have a very low loss rate. Seems I was one of the unlucky ones! The customer is pretty upset about it all too. 

British Gas screwed me over big time today. 

Tried paying for fuel on the way to work. Card bounced. Twice. 

Ended up paying with the credit card. 

I'd paid off a bill at the start of the month, 700 odd pounds of a bill. The balance was 0 for 14 days at least. 

They then deducted the same amount through direct debit today. I was absolutely fuming. BG then say it could take up to five days for a refund. 

Rang the bank and explained the situation and they recalled the direct debit in a couple of hours. 

The serious incompetence taking money after the balance was 0. I've actually wrote a letter. And I've printed it off and will send them a physical complaint letter.  If the market wasn't such a volatile mess right now I'd move company. 

21 minutes ago, Spurious said:

British Gas screwed me over big time today. 

Tried paying for fuel on the way to work. Card bounced. Twice. 

Ended up paying with the credit card. 

I'd paid off a bill at the start of the month, 700 odd pounds of a bill. The balance was 0 for 14 days at least. 

They then deducted the same amount through direct debit today. I was absolutely fuming. BG then say it could take up to five days for a refund. 

Rang the bank and explained the situation and they recalled the direct debit in a couple of hours. 

The serious incompetence taking money after the balance was 0. I've actually wrote a letter. And I've printed it off and will send them a physical complaint letter.  If the market wasn't such a volatile mess right now I'd move company. 

They won’t give a flying fuck about a complaint, why would they? It’s not like customers can up and leave to another provider. 

Try getting hold of a human at EDF , fuckin impossible ,I'm up to about 8 hours on hold , for up to an hour on many occasions , live chat isn't ..it's a bot , can't answer questions ... Followed the main website "contact us" ...no fkin reply . Facebook EDF page ...no fkin reply . Requested a telephone call many times ...Get an email saying I must contact them on the telephone number that they never fkin answer ......😡😡😡😡

On 2/13/2022 at 6:45 PM, Spiny Norman said:

Talking of eBay, I sent a message to someone selling a car last night and when the copy appeared in my email it had my full name, email address and phone number showing as part of the message, guy I was speaking to confirmed he could read it too.
Tried to contact eBay to sort it out and spent 45 minutes on chat getting passed around from one disinterested script reader to another so no use there either,

Breach of GDPR, surely?

Pretty ironic given that eBay bend over backwards to block any messages with contact information in them, in case they get cut out of the deal and miss out on their fees!