The grumpy thread

outlaw118

8 hours ago, junkyarddog said:

Gave fat brother in law a loan of the Focus as his van failed it's test (surprise surprise)only to receive a call from sister(Not directly)that the fuel light had come on.

FFS,the self entitlement of some people is just mind boggling. 

🙄

I'd politely tell him to bring it back.

Open the door, take the keys out, hold door open so they can get out. Close the door, lock it. Go back inside your house, say nothing.

Leave the prick on your drive.

23 hours ago, EML said:

Some bollocks has decided my 406 didn't need its drivers side mirror and kicked it off this afternoon. 😠

The drivers side was parked close to the fence on the land next to my house.

Had a better look in daylight, foot prints on the bonnet, windscreen , roof and hand prints on the rear window,  Oh how i didn't laugh.

Soon be on tic-twat today no doubt for a few likes. But Tesco has gorrila gaffer tape at half price with the clubcard. Tape up the mirror like Jack Duckworths glasses, and the rest go on the 406 bully if i catch them

26 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

If you order a plain burger it's cooked to order and just about edible

Everything is made to order these days, the meat is batch cooked and stored in heated holding units. Same with the monarch of burgers. The only chain burger place that makes a good burger is Five Guys.

On 18/01/2022 at 17:38, hairnet said:

apparently not

id asked them seeing as they have mobile number and they rang me to leave a 'please ring us' message why they didnt just say what they wanted to change - as what they were talking about wasnt medically senstive

they said they dont do it like that

letters it is - its soo 1923

which is a shame as it shouldnt be any type of hassle

can't becos GDPR- someone else might listen to a message not intended for public knowledge

2 hours ago, High Jetter said:

When gigging in the '90s, I'd get outvoted in some towns and McGonads was their choice. If you order a plain burger it's cooked to order and just about edible

I’m sure there’s a secret ingredient. Some people are practically addicted to McDs. They queue for ages at the drive thru and act like it’s the Holy Grail. It’s a soggy bun and some cheap mince FFS!

45 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

I'd say it's reasonable to assume a mobile phone is private, in any case there's nothing medically or personally sensitive about the time of an appointment being changed. The overreach some apply to GDPR is ridiculous.

depends if appt is for clap-clinic!🤣

7 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

I’m sure there’s a secret ingredient. Some people are practically addicted to McDs. They queue for ages at the drive thru and act like it’s the Holy Grail. It’s a soggy bun and some cheap mince FFS!

There’s a guy I work with has them every day. Apart from the cholesterol it must be racking up it must cost him £30 for dinners alone per week. 

13 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

Get that sort of shit with my loan car .

I had a courtesy car a couple of weeks before Christmas. It had enough diesel to get to work. 40 miles. So I put enough diesel in it for the 2 days id been promised (I estimated 40 mpg x 40 miles x4 = 4 gallons. So I put in 20 litres. 

It was more economical than my estimate, I had it 3 days, and handed it in with enough diesel to do 100 miles.  Because that's how it works. 

The Next bastard that has it will do 80 miles and hand it back with the fuel warning light on. Having saved 8 quid. 

So you put in enough to last 2 days by your estimate and you got 3 days out of it at no additional cost.

I hope that your estimations of your morning cereal allocations are more accurate otherwise you might find yourself hungry and have to eat some of the cakes that a kind person has put by the coffee machine.

8 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

When the one at Boreham services off the A12 reopened in 2020 after the first scamdemic the queue must have been nearly half a mile long with bonus fat lazy coppers to keep order/queue jump. I didn't know whether to laugh or despair (more than usual) at the state of 21st century slack-jawed vacant eyed humanity. 

8 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Some people are practically addicted to McDs. They queue for ages at the drive thru and act like it’s the Holy Grail. It’s a soggy bun and some cheap mince FFS!

Never seen the fascination with it personally. I'd rather a nice cheese and chutney pickle sannie any day over a burger of dubious origins.

1 hour ago, chadders said:

So you put in enough to last 2 days by your estimate and you got 3 days out of it at no additional cost.

I hope that your estimations of your morning cereal allocations are more accurate otherwise you might find yourself hungry and have to eat some of the cakes that a kind person has put by the coffee machine.

I'm not used to Deisel fuel consumption.  The omega used to achieve 20 around town, 28 on my commute and 33 on a run up the motorway and my 1.4T Astra has achieved 34 mpg as an average over the last 5 months. 

1 hour ago, Amishtat said:

When the one at Boreham services off the A12 reopened in 2020 after the first scamdemic the queue must have been nearly half a mile long with bonus fat lazy coppers to keep order/queue jump. I didn't know whether to laugh or despair (more than usual) at the state of 21st century slack-jawed vacant eyed humanity. 

Same here. When our local  one opened up after lick down , the drive thru queue bought the town to a standstill as it backed up to the main traffic lights in the town centre, and at one of the services on the M6, they had blocked the entrance . If it had been one where you came straight off the motorway, it would have been really dangerous.

All the more stupid , is they queue for the drive thru, when you could park up and walk in quicker, and you don’t get the smell and grease all over your car.

Finally cracked and went to the place in town that pressure washes ears. Got an appointment at 2.15,£75! 😭

I'm desperate enough that if it works ill be happy but fuck me it used to be a 10 minute nurses appointment at 07.45 once every 3 months... 

The lady who does it was on her way out but she shoved a torch in me quickly, and the ear I can't hear out of at all isn't too bad, the one with the better hearing is the worse 😂

12 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Finally cracked and went to the place in town that pressure washes ears. Got an appointment at 2.15,£75! 😭

I'm desperate enough that if it works ill be happy but fuck me it used to be a 10 minute nurses appointment at 07.45 once every 3 months... 

The lady who does it was on her way out but she shoved a torch in me quickly, and the ear I can't hear out of at all isn't too bad, the one with the better hearing is the worse 😂

I thought this would be something you’d have resolved on the NHS?

57 minutes ago, sierraman said:

34mpg on an Astra? Is that town driving I’m assuming?

Mostly this below. Too many junctions and roundabouts with traffic lights. Too many queues. And then I get onto those country roads with people doing 40 in a 60 and I'm forced to overtake.  

Gets 42 mpg on a straight run at 70 mph with cruise control on. 

Screenshot_20220123-195413_Maps.jpg

2 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Same here. When our local  one opened up after lick down , the drive thru queue bought the town to a standstill as it backed up to the main traffic lights in the town centre, and at one of the services on the M6, they had blocked the entrance . If it had been one where you came straight off the motorway, it would have been really dangerous.

All the more stupid , is they queue for the drive thru, when you could park up and walk in quicker, and you don’t get the smell and grease all over your car.

I've noticed that they seem to treat you as part of the same queue, unless you use the self ordering points. Not that I've been to one since Jan 2020. And have decided I probably never* will again. 

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

I thought this would be something you’d have resolved on the NHS?

Always used to be. But when I enquired just before covid hit I was told they don't do it anymore. 

My doctors then went into full 'fuck off and don't come here unless it's for a covid jab' for the last few years so I haven't bothered. Tbh I'm gonna bend over and pay and hear again then maybe call up and enquire if the world calms down in a month or so. 

The car isn't going to sound as smooth or quiet anymore though 😂