The grumpy thread

outlaw118

3 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

the N332

I do not know what to make of that website.

I have so many questions about that website which have never been answered.
I am not going to go into it on an open forum.  I prefer to read the real GC.

The fines issued by the GC are certainly a mystery. I was told never discuss anything with them. If they say jump always say how high!

19 hours ago, carburettor said:

Cappy Hill car sales, I worked for the owner of that place, Mr. Royston Statham, he had a VX4/90 as his daily driver and his wife had a mk3 1.3 Cortina 3 door, in a kind of beige. I had the interview in that office. I’m talking about 1979/80, I got the job at his private club, the Regency club Woodville. 

That cortina was super rare being a 3dr! Presume was 2drs on pass side one on drivers side like those 140 Volvo's.

13 hours ago, taxi paul said:

Why do people sit at a red light and ride the clutch edging forward inches at a time. Then the light changes to green and they don't move ? 

Ha Ha....  I sit at lights in drive (.. on the brakes) Green= I hit GO PEDAL like a 6" Brad 🤪.

On 22/01/2022 at 06:43, New POD said:

Grumpy. Partly my own fault. Since starting this job in August, I have gradually put weight on. 

Why do I have zero self control. 

There's cakes in the office. I eat them.

There's biscuits in a meeting. I take 5. 

There's a Friday morning breakfast run, I have the big one. 

There's sugar on my cereals and in my coffee. 

There's a snack machine waiting to.ambush me.

There's a sandwich van that does warm pies. 

There's a couple of crumpets in the freezer that I can snaffle whilst the oven cooks my tea. There's a supper of cornflakes before bed. 

I could go for a walk at lunch time, but I sit and look at the internet. 

In the evenings I just slob out in from of the telly. 

5 months and I've put on 1.5 stone.  

Wife is also not happy.  I had a heart attack in 2020 and she rightly thinks I'm a bastard for not taking control of this addiction. 

She's right. I just need to eat 3 sensible sized meals a day, no pies, no cakes, no supper,  no sugar, and do a little exercise and I could be a different shape. And at much less risk.  

What is fucking wrong with my brain, that does the exact opposite. 

Greed. Why....? Discuss.....

Note to self .... just do what you know to be right.....

To battle the snack machines and food vans I made sure I didn't have any money on me. Leave it in the car or just don't carry any on a work day. 

If your office is anything like ours, tell one or two people (especially women) you are on a diet and need to lose a bit for your health and you will get bollocked for the cakes and biscuits. 

Is work walking distance?  Or somewhere safe to park the car half a mile away? 

2 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

To battle the snack machines and food vans I made sure I didn't have any money on me. Leave it in the car or just don't carry any on a work day. 

If your office is anything like ours, tell one or two people (especially women) you are on a diet and need to lose a bit for your health and you will get bollocked for the cakes and biscuits. 

Is work walking distance?  Or somewhere safe to park the car half a mile away? 

Walk you say ? Screenshot_20220123-195247_Maps.thumb.jpg.98a1a14f49510bdb3f8984891e38152b.jpg

I will walk around the reservoir every lunch time. 

But walk to work ?  No.

Screenshot_20220123-195441_Maps.thumb.jpg.e4d8b95e4752bf99d0f6c67c473c167d.jpg

I'd rather drive. 

Screenshot_20220123-195413_Maps.thumb.jpg.03f5162f92b9a7951278e3accf8f6c76.jpg

On 22/01/2022 at 09:40, Floatylight said:

I've struggled with this for years, before I met MrsFL I weighed 16 stone, something clicked in my brain and I lost 5 stone in 8 months, felt great, met Mrs FL and over next 15yrs put over 8 stone on, tried loads of things but just could not control myself.  Just started Slimming World and something seems to have clicked again,  seems dead easy to lose weight after years of struggle, hope I can keep it up.

The groups do help, having a set system to follow along with the accountability element seems to help me..

20220124_070107.thumb.jpg.f6bb2a5eb4a78cc8e658f644bdd10bfc.jpg

This is next to the coffee machine. 

I am telling myself that the morbidly obese woman who bought this in, to celebrate some insignificant event in her life, has no great love of food.  Kirkland cakes from CostCo are not worth shitting on.  

This time last week i would have already consumed 1000 calories.  

25 minutes ago, New POD said:

20220124_070107.thumb.jpg.f6bb2a5eb4a78cc8e658f644bdd10bfc.jpg

This is next to the coffee machine. 

I am telling myself that the morbidly obese woman who bought this in, to celebrate some insignificant event in her life, has no great love of food.  Kirkland cakes from CostCo are not worth shitting on.  

This time last week i would have already consumed 1000 calories.  

Yep, I'd have been all over that, probably of sneaked a few over the day.  Stay strong..

On 1/22/2022 at 7:24 PM, wuvvum said:

Que? | K | Know Your Meme

Another one for you.....Here in Spain everything is different.

You don't have to speak Spanish to understand just how badly situated this drink/drug control point is situated.

Also they finding drivers,in the morning, that drink beer  for breakfast and are over the drink limit.

51 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Another one for you.....Here in Spain everything is different.

You don't have to speak Spanish to understand just how badly situated this drink/drug control point is situated.

Also they finding drivers,in the morning, that drink beer  for breakfast and are over the drink limit.

Is drink driving a big problem in Spain?

3 hours ago, junkyarddog said:

Gave fat brother in law a loan of the Focus as his van failed it's test (surprise surprise)only to receive a call from sister(Not directly)that the fuel light had come on.

FFS,the self entitlement of some people is just mind boggling. 

🙄

Bet it comes back with the fuel light on as well. 

3 hours ago, cobblers said:

Oh yeah it was 90% dead anyway, but 90% dead rainsports are loads better than the 90% new mixed bag of tyres named after characters from Aesop's fables I have on my other wheels

I was sort of joking but I have just driven around the block and I can now light the front wheels up in third gear, in a van.

6 hours ago, sierraman said:

Is drink driving a big problem in Spain?

It seems it. But The GC only do spot checks. They never follow a vehicle and pull them over. There is a phone app and you can join WhatsApp groups which inform you of spot checks. That means that spot checks are not perhaps the best way to combat this.

The use of mobile phones and the non use of seat belts is also an issue that I can see. So must other drivers.

3 hours ago, Ghosty said:

McDonald's have confirmed the breakfast bagel isn't coming back. 

It's the only good thing they sold...

I always presumed only Mrs Popsicle liked them - sounds nasty but I'm glad their not coming back because we always got parked up at the drive thru's as they had to make one up for her - hence why thinking only she liked them!

7 hours ago, junkyarddog said:

Gave fat brother in law a loan of the Focus as his van failed it's test (surprise surprise)only to receive a call from sister(Not directly)that the fuel light had come on.

FFS,the self entitlement of some people is just mind boggling. 

🙄

Get that sort of shit with my loan car .