The grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 hours ago, hairnet said:

rang work earlier

wont be in the bit they biopsied yesterday is swollen and it hurts to lift arm

hossy told me it might bruise up or swell

hossy said if it stays swollen after coupla days let us know

told this to work and she said oh but youll be ok to drive - also lifting carrying will be a no - they also told me not to drive home due to the anaesthetic

err no its left hand - its not an auto

do you have something written by them that says that

NO THEY TOLD ME AS THE PROCEDURE HAPPENED

oh ill see what HR say

its fuck all to do with them

at no stage did they ask how i was

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

just been off work for 2 days , had to move a load of shite at work , move sleep in rooms , things not working as they should , no support , kick offs by kids ..

guess wot ?

my body shut down with the stress , operating on one kidney with a lack of sleep caused a fro  the next frosty morning ...

any calls about how I am ,, nope

so I will have another few days off next week  to recover

fuck em ....

9 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Christ, not sure I want to get behind the wheel now! Several there could have been avoided by simply lifting off the gas. Obviously a good number of people need re-educating about observation and use of the middle pedal.

I knew it was risky - within hours of posting that, this happened:

5 hours ago, Fumbler said:

Had a look under the Micra during lunch to see how the crossmember is holding up after 2 winters.

PXL_20220121_124730005.thumb.jpg.141778d6f52376afcddac6b4ac861ec2.jpg

All that bumpyness is rust that's crept underneath the undercoating I did, so it's either rusted from the inside out or I didn't do a good enough job. 

I'll deploy the hammers and see if any new holes have appeared but I suspect I'm going to end up chasing my tail with this. They weren't made very well to begin with.

At least a repair sections are cheap. I don't much fancy taking apart the front end.

having owned a Micra , and having cleaned up offending item many times ... its not good news !! micra01.thumb.jpg.8fb35edf123238c09279049b04e1991c.jpg

2 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Had my dash cam for two years, never recorded anything that is worth saving.

Its illegal here to publish anything taken by dash cam, footage is for police and insurance purposes only. I rarely see a car here with one fitted.

If I were an insurerer, I'd be noting the registration number of the arseholes that have it shown at the bottom of the clips. So many of those "wronged" by others simply cannot drive.

Spain the situation is not 100% clear.

This say you can use them. But you cannot operate them and they must be positioned so it does not obscure vision.

https://www.legalitas.com/actualidad/que-es-una-dashcam-legal

This one goes through all of the EU countries. https://techauto.es/dashcams-legalidad/ It points out that you can use one as long as you observe the privacy laws. It also says there are no restriction on usage here.

This one is certain that the issue is not clear. Strangely it supports the fact that dashcams are not to be used by writing  about a driver who had a home scrutiny cam in the rear of his car who was fined. But a CCTV is different to  a dash cam.

https://cincodias.elpais.com/cincodias/2020/11/12/motor/1605176559_447989.html

I have one in my car. no photos or videos of any scrutiny services are allowed in Spain.

A video from Carwow.es

I have wondered ,if they are illegal in Spain, then do they disable them on  Teslas?

42 minutes ago, MikeR said:

just been off work for 2 days , had to move a load of shite at work , move sleep in rooms , things not working as they should , no support , kick offs by kids ..

guess wot ?

my body shut down with the stress , operating on one kidney with a lack of sleep caused a fro  the next frosty morning ...

any calls about how I am ,, nope

so I will have another few days off next week  to recover

fuck em ....

many cake and many zzz

gwan

Useful fume cupboard supplier. 12 months now since the order with our local service company. The  third confirmed and cancelled  delivery date this Monday ( previous, were sept, and December )., Two were supposed to be delivered on Monday. One was delivered on Wednesday but no sign of the main £30000 one. Promises it was on its way at 6am, 8 am and 1pm today. Not arrived at 6pm by which time I’d been at work for  12 hours. Plumber was due to arrive tomorrow at 7 am to plumb it in so have postponed him. Useless shower of shit, sadly I don’t know who they are.

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

having owned a Micra , and having cleaned up offending item many times ... its not good news !! micra01.thumb.jpg.8fb35edf123238c09279049b04e1991c.jpg

You scrapping the shell in that picture? I don't think I need to go that far...

At least it's a known issue and the repair is rather well documented. Do I much fancy doing it? No, but I'll need to at some point as it holds the ratiator on as well as the engine-gearbox brace. I'm hoping I can just take a wire wheel and a hammer to it, only find surface rust and move on from there, but that does smell of wishful thinking. At least the rest of the body is still factory-fresh.

2 hours ago, grogee said:

Fucking

Supermarket

Pizza

🤮

This M&S pizza is by far the best in my opinion.

Screenshot_20220121-224923_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c042f74d8d18c2829032fef039ac5bad.jpg

Obviously, being M&S it's not like 99p but they do a Pizza meal deal £10 for two pizzas and two sides. 

Half a pizza makes a meal and the "dirty fries" side option (cheesy spicy chunky chips) is a meal in itself too if you add half a tin of baked beans, so it's basically six meals just over a tenner.

10 hours ago, greengartside said:

Not wishing to drag that thread up again but someone by the name of Nick Green on Flickr popped by that there garage that we all know and love and it seems things aren’t getting any better with that Cavalier 😭😭😭😭

Abandoned Cavalier

I remember going past that garage when I was about 14 and noticing how out of place it looked.  That was 22 years ago, and I am still genuinely amazed every time I see that the place is still there.

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

I remember going past that garage when I was about 14 and noticing how out of place it looked.  That was 22 years ago, and I am still genuinely amazed every time I see that the place is still there.

Cappy Hill car sales, I worked for the owner of that place, Mr. Royston Statham, he had a VX4/90 as his daily driver and his wife had a mk3 1.3 Cortina 3 door, in a kind of beige. I had the interview in that office. I’m talking about 1979/80, I got the job at his private club, the Regency club Woodville. 

Grumpy. Partly my own fault. Since starting this job in August, I have gradually put weight on. 

Why do I have zero self control. 

There's cakes in the office. I eat them.

There's biscuits in a meeting. I take 5. 

There's a Friday morning breakfast run, I have the big one. 

There's sugar on my cereals and in my coffee. 

There's a snack machine waiting to.ambush me.

There's a sandwich van that does warm pies. 

There's a couple of crumpets in the freezer that I can snaffle whilst the oven cooks my tea. There's a supper of cornflakes before bed. 

I could go for a walk at lunch time, but I sit and look at the internet. 

In the evenings I just slob out in from of the telly. 

5 months and I've put on 1.5 stone.  

Wife is also not happy.  I had a heart attack in 2020 and she rightly thinks I'm a bastard for not taking control of this addiction. 

She's right. I just need to eat 3 sensible sized meals a day, no pies, no cakes, no supper,  no sugar, and do a little exercise and I could be a different shape. And at much less risk.  

What is fucking wrong with my brain, that does the exact opposite. 

Greed. Why....? Discuss.....

Note to self .... just do what you know to be right.....

2 hours ago, New POD said:

Grumpy. Partly my own fault. Since starting this job in August, I have gradually put weight on. 

There's a couple of crumpets in the freezer that I can snaffle whilst the oven cooks my tea. There's a supper of cornflakes before bed. 

Wife is also not happy.  I had a heart attack in 2020 and she rightly thinks I'm a bastard for not taking control of this addiction. 

She's right. I just need to eat 3 sensible sized meals a day, no pies, no cakes, no supper,  no sugar, and do a little exercise and I could be a different shape. And at much less risk.  

You have made a pretty good list of things that you can improve.  It's hard to change all of them in one go, but could you pick one from that list and make a resolution to change it?

2 hours ago, New POD said:

I've struggled with this for years, before I met MrsFL I weighed 16 stone, something clicked in my brain and I lost 5 stone in 8 months, felt great, met Mrs FL and over next 15yrs put over 8 stone on, tried loads of things but just could not control myself.  Just started Slimming World and something seems to have clicked again,  seems dead easy to lose weight after years of struggle, hope I can keep it up.

The groups do help, having a set system to follow along with the accountability element seems to help me..

I recently swapped a 2001 petrol Vauxhall for a 2001 petrol Volvo on here. Nothing wrong with the Volvo, quite the opposite in fact. 

The Vauxhall was ULEZ-exempt, so stupidly I assumed its replacement would be too, given that they were both petrol cars registered in the same year. It turns out the Volvo isn't exempt. I received a fine in the post this week for £160 (reduced to £80 if paid within 14 days). I fully expect to receive another fine in the next few days as I've driven into Central London in the Volvo on two separate occasions.

If the Volvo was registered a few months later on a Y-reg (like the Vauxhall was), then it would be exempt. But because it's an X-reg, it doesn't comply.

It's my own stupid fault for failing to check, and it looks like I'm going to have to move it on much sooner than planned. 😪

40 minutes ago, adw1977 said:

You have made a pretty good list of things that you can improve.  It's hard to change all of them in one go, but could you pick one from that list and make a resolution to change it?

I read a while ago that your body tells you that you are hungry at the same time every day. 

So if you have a snack at 10am the next day at 10am it will go 'Oi, wheres the food' and you'll go get a bag of crisps etc. 

However, it only takes a few days to make it 'unlearn' the routine. 

So if you don't eat that mid morning pie for a few days you'll stop wanting it. 

I tried this and it worked and for a long time, I got the routine where I just ate breakfast lunch and tea every day and my body didn't complain once it got used to me not eating 4 bags of crisps, spam and egg sarnie and a pack of mars bars every day. 

However I've gone to shit in the last couple of years too. I really need to get back into the routine. 

17 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Spain the situation is not 100% clear.

This say you can use them. But you cannot operate them and they must be positioned so it does not obscure vision.

https://www.legalitas.com/actualidad/que-es-una-dashcam-legal

This one goes through all of the EU countries. https://techauto.es/dashcams-legalidad/ It points out that you can use one as long as you observe the privacy laws. It also says there are no restriction on usage here.

This one is certain that the issue is not clear. Strangely it supports the fact that dashcams are not to be used by writing  about a driver who had a home scrutiny cam in the rear of his car who was fined. But a CCTV is different to  a dash cam.

https://cincodias.elpais.com/cincodias/2020/11/12/motor/1605176559_447989.html

I have one in my car. no photos or videos of any scrutiny services are allowed in Spain.

A video from Carwow.es

I have wondered ,if they are illegal in Spain, then do they disable them on  Teslas?

the N332 website here distinguishes between cameras that operate only when the ignition is on (mostly when driving then) rather than on all the time, like those that wake up and start recording if the car is nudged. For that reason mine is just wired to the cigarette lighter, so only on when I drive. I can have the radio on without the ignition being on so it is not filming when I'm parked up.

But then, Spanish motoring laws are bizarre at times, the latest one is that you cannot drive whilst wearing a coat. They don't say how they define a coat, but no doubt the Police will say a jacket is a coat if they can extort some Euro's from you