The grumpy thread

outlaw118

7 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Aldi, usually the packets open fine, but that one didn't want to release its contents haha.

Pffft . Recently the cold meat packets I’ve had from Aldi have the “Peel Here” instructions marked on the wrong corners 😂 

They still have the unstuck corner and do peel off ok , just not where they say it is . Makes me chuckle every time . 

11 hours ago, grogee said:

Fuck this to the moon and back. I'm going to shame-tweet them, the cheap bastards. 

I remember buying this maybe a year ago from Robert Dyas. Spent time comparing, touching, deciding which one felt the best. No cheap shit for me, I thought, but I was wrong. This was just heavy but also shit. 

That purchase was prompted by Mrs Grogee bringing home some awful Chinese shit from Tesco that looked OK from a distance but simply expired if it even got close to a tin. 

Anyway I know what it'll be now - "where did you get it from, did you keep the receipt?"

NO BECAUSE I'M NOT CERTIFIABLY INSANE

And I just know that some smug twat will be along shortly to tell me to buy a 1970s metal one, which are shit, hard to use and hurt your fingers. 

IMG_20220112_185847210.jpg

IMG_20220112_185853133.jpg

One of these is all the can opener you'll ever need:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Culinare-MagiCan-Opener-Plastic-White/dp/B071VJD27T/ref=asc_df_B071VJD27T/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=205185882402&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1727510733464956396&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006996&hvtargid=pla-420088569813&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

I can't use others like your red one because of left handedness. Turning anti clockwise seems to bugger them on the second or third go.

12 hours ago, grogee said:

Fuck this to the moon and back. I'm going to shame-tweet them, the cheap bastards. 

I remember buying this maybe a year ago from Robert Dyas. Spent time comparing, touching, deciding which one felt the best. No cheap shit for me, I thought, but I was wrong. This was just heavy but also shit. 

That purchase was prompted by Mrs Grogee bringing home some awful Chinese shit from Tesco that looked OK from a distance but simply expired if it even got close to a tin. 

Anyway I know what it'll be now - "where did you get it from, did you keep the receipt?"

NO BECAUSE I'M NOT CERTIFIABLY INSANE

And I just know that some smug twat will be along shortly to tell me to buy a 1970s metal one, which are shit, hard to use and hurt your fingers. 

IMG_20220112_185847210.jpg

IMG_20220112_185853133.jpg

Buy an identical one but keep the receipt. Wait a couple of weeks then take the broken one back for a refund. Simples.

I used to but various goods as seconds from ebay, buy the same one from argos then re-box the faulty one for a refund. 

The best one was a 2nd hand disney cars portable telly with built in dvd. I paid £30 as the dvd made a screeching noise when it was running. Bought the same one from argos and returned the faulty one for a refund. A brand new telly for the boy for £30. Argos are too soft, they never question anything.

5 hours ago, MrBiscuits said:

Kev I think we had one like that but Mrs Grogee chucked it out when she brought home her Tesco abomination. 

I'm leaning towards Brabantia - metal turny bit welded to business end

44 minutes ago, Crackers said:

No, I just prefer food that doesn't come in cans.

You bake your own beans then? That and Heinz tomato soup are about all the tinned stuff we have, and they have ring-pulls now. Still have 2 can openers in the drawer though...

9 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

You bake your own beans then? That and Heinz tomato soup are about all the tinned stuff we have, and they have ring-pulls now. Still have 2 can openers in the drawer though...

I get those horrible-for-the-environment-plastic-single-use-tub-things they do. But then I've eaten beans once since I moved here in December 2020 so I'm not exactly murdering the environment with plastic bean tubs.

Edited by Crackers
Snap pots. That's the name.

Ordered some more tea via Amazon. This was packed inside a box used for transport. So they were damaged before sending to me.

tea2.thumb.jpeg.c90c4de1ac4bb6611b3f7e8fcd1a07fd.jpeg

tea1.thumb.jpeg.93f7137fb489d2a1c3e579bc6f21d71f.jpeg

Hard to see, but there is tea in the bottom of the larger box.

So I was very very grumpy at first. However, after a session on the chat with a very nice Amazon woman (oh Mrs!) I got a full refund voucher to spend on some more and no need to return these.

I also thought that the plastic wrapping had been removed. The wife found a label on the tea box saying to save the environment they no longer use the plastic wrapping.

Salvage Hunters, Drew Prickchard. Someone on here may already have commented, in the past & may even like the obnoxious condescending prick.

He is currently fixing (I know it’s a repeat) Renault 4, I love the car! He is putting Renner 5 Gordini alloy wheels on it.

Then he buys a Jaguar XJS & proceeds to remove the genuine, period* TWR body kit. Admittedly it looks better without, but I find him so irritating, I could cheerfully punch the ginger cunt.

And that prick Brewer, Tadaa!

Never mind, it’s probably just me 🤓

I guess I could simply watch Heartbeat again.

*in more ways than one I guess.

Really get why garage won’t fit parts from eBay. Everything I’ve ordered for a job has arrived wrong despite clarifying a hundred times what year, spec etc. Absolutely sick and tired of this, it’s not first time either, a few years back struggling with a CV joint, wrong fucking number of splines. Lesson learnt. 

On 13/01/2022 at 07:56, paulplom said:

Buy an identical one but keep the receipt. Wait a couple of weeks then take the broken one back for a refund. Simples.

I used to but various goods as seconds from ebay, buy the same one from argos then re-box the faulty one for a refund. 

The best one was a 2nd hand disney cars portable telly with built in dvd. I paid £30 as the dvd made a screeching noise when it was running. Bought the same one from argos and returned the faulty one for a refund. A brand new telly for the boy for £30. Argos are too soft, they never question anything.

You sound like a criminal. 

Sorry no that's not right.

You are a criminal. 

You may as well go to Tesco and walk over out with a new telly without going to the Till.  

No better than any other shop lifter. 

3 minutes ago, Spurious said:

The only time I'll go with ebay is if the part number is visible in the photo as is with some parts that have been sitting on a shelf for a while or NOS parts. 

Autodoc I've had good success with as their parts reference system is excellent. 

Did that. Ordered off the part number on the old one, it had a prefix that was different to the others available but matched the one I’d taken out, arrived and it’s wrong fucking one. I don’t think my mood is helped with having to fuck about with this after work outside in January.

If there were reliable garages nearby I’d wholeheartedly be giving them the job of PITA jobs this time of year. But unfortunately the ones nearby are almost notoriously bad, I’ve a bloke that does the test for me but he’s winding up soon no doubt as he’s in his sixties plus it’s miles from where I live now. Finding a decent garage is difficult it seems these days.

2 hours ago, carburettor said:

Salvage Hunters, Drew Prickchard. Someone on here may already have commented, in the past & may even like the obnoxious condescending prick.

He is currently fixing (I know it’s a repeat) Renault 4, I love the car! He is putting Renner 5 Gordini alloy wheels on it.

Then he buys a Jaguar XJS & proceeds to remove the genuine, period* TWR body kit. Admittedly it looks better without, but I find him so irritating, I could cheerfully punch the ginger cunt.

And that prick Brewer, Tadaa!

Never mind, it’s probably just me 🤓

I guess I could simply watch Heartbeat again.

*in more ways than one I guess.

He’s an insufferable opinionated little twat