The grumpy thread

outlaw118

15 hours ago, Mrcento said:

My local one is closing too. I use it for convenience. Have done all my life. A lot of elderly people in the area etc though actually need it. Looks like they'll need to drag themselves into town to do anything in person. Not ideal.

I know you can do stuff via post offices now, but anyone who thinks that's a solution clearly hasn't been in a post office in the past 10 years..... It's a battle to even send a parcel nowadays without standing in a 45 minute queue. In fact the one nearest my branch (and probably a reason they decided to shut this TSB) can't handle their current customer base!, it will often take 3 or 4 visits to even find a queue short enough to think there's a chance you'll be out within the hour.... Now they're going to be the defacto bank of the area? aye fucking right 😂

It's the ones like Ft William, Forfar etc that are the really stupid ones to shut 'Ah but you're only a 20 minute drive away from another', great. What about peoples grandparents that don't drive in places like this?

That can quickly become a 2hr round trip, easy, Just to go to the bank.

My missus does the banking online, as she doesn’t drive and I’m not going into town to go to a fuckin bank. Apparently Lloyds and the Halifax  bank are closing over 50 branches next year.

This pisses me off because I hate them for using the Oasis song  stand by me, Oh, the fucking irony.

wankers

On 11/27/2021 at 12:20 PM, Wack said:

Smart car broke down this morning on the M6 

No doubt a fight with smart coming up , the MHD engine uses a very tight belt , alternator & starter in one unit and the belt powers the water pump 

When it snaps you've got about a minute before it's cooked , design fault mercedes are supposed to fix for free according to evilution the smart forum , it was off in under 30s so hopefully it'll be ok 

So we'll find out on Monday what they say , it's only done 19,000 miles 

Amazingly mercedes are unaware of any problem with the belt on the MHD engine so a £20 belt came back with a £190 bill attached 

But they just can't help themselves , got a call , we've noticed your tyres are on 2mm would you like a price etc

No thanks 

Just checked them and they're at least 2mm above the 1.6mm wear markers so closer to 4mm than 2mm 

Any it's definitely a bloke hiring for the showroom staff , all size 10 mid 20s girls in tight dresses 

Today I'm grumpy because for the first time in my three years on the road I damaged my car...

I was trying to squeeze into a space in an underground car park and my C1's nearside rear door came into contact with a pillar... now it's got about 20 odd coachlines on it, so that's lovely.

Ironic thing is I was trying to park away from the front, so nobody could open their car doors onto mine...

2 hours ago, MiniMort said:

Today I'm grumpy because for the first time in my three years on the road I damaged my car...

I was trying to squeeze into a space in an underground car park and my C1's nearside rear door came into contact with a pillar... now it's got about 20 odd coachlines on it, so that's lovely.

Ironic thing is I was trying to park away from the front, so nobody could open their car doors onto mine...

3 years is not bad, actually, most do it much sooner. Hopefully, a lesson learned, never to be repeated.

Took my daily for it's annual roadworthiness test, in Spain, yesterday. Failed. The dimmed beam bulb on one side was not in the correct location, eh?

I have no idea how this was done. I thought the lugs spacing and size would not allow this, plus I have not touched the bulbs for several years.   Back to the free retest today.

Just now, Crackers said:

I am 20 years old. 

I have just found three grey hairs. 

Uh oh! 

3 grey hairs is better than no hairs , my hair started going grey at 18 , I'm 60 now and I've still got all of it 

My dad was one of three boys , the youngest went bald like his dad but like me my dad and other uncle went grey and kept it 

I hadn't seen my youngest uncle for 30 years , when I did he would've been the same age as I remember my grandad when I was a child , it was like a reincarnation , he looked almost identical

10 hours ago, MiniMort said:

I saw someone with the same idea , I'd just use a different car for shopping 20211018_131036.thumb.jpg.a636ad19e4875d6742e3a4ef03a88334.jpg

3 grey hairs! I remember that starting... 😂

I was going grey in my mid 20s,pretty much fully grey now! Thick head of hair though

My grandad on my mums side died in his 90s with a full thick head of hair... (no more males that side to compare it to other than me) whereas my dad and other grandad are balding (dad just has a number 1 all over) so hopefully I'll take after my mums side and it's not all about to fall out over the next 10 years... 

56 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

I am 56 next week and have about the same number, without chemical intervention!  That portrait of the old bloke in the attic really works...

Smug bastard! 

I have neither a portrait of an old bloke, nor an attic to store it in - fallen at the first hurdle there! 

1 hour ago, Wack said:

Knights of the road my arse , what a cunt , skittling a car rather than just backing off 

Or,you know,the car driver could have timed his merge better,sped up and got well in front,or slowed and went in behind,the truck had nowhere to go,seeing as it was being overtaken at the time.

Trucks are heavy old beasts and take longer to stop/slow down.

I think this is firmly the cars fault.

8 minutes ago, junkyarddog said:

Or,you know,the car driver could have timed his merge better,sped up and got well in front,or slowed and went in behind,the truck had nowhere to go,seeing as it was being overtaken at the time.

In the truck driver's blind spot too.

48 minutes ago, junkyarddog said:

I'm not saying it's not but there was plenty of time to brake and avoid possibly killing her, if you can't see that you need to give your head a wobble, it's not 1956 on drum brakes

This is how quick a modern truck can stop , that was entirely avoidable

It's a daily occurrence that drives me mad as a truck driver. Nice empty rd in front of the truck and the car driver matches the trucks speed and makes no attempt to speed up and get in front.  One dab of the loud pedal and the car could have been clear and safely in front but no they blindly turned straight into the truck. It never ceases to amaze me how many people don't check their mirrors until the end of the slip road when it's too late 

As a lowly paid, lowly skilled professional steering wheel attendant.

1. White car should of backed off and slotted in behind the truck. (They were following too close to the red car also merging)

2. As the white car didn't, the truck should of backed off then, turns a smash into just a near miss.

3. The next truck video must of been light loaded or empty. They should have been passing the bus slowly expecting some child to run out, they would already have the brake pedal covered. They didn't technically stop in time, they slowed just enough, giving the child time to run further away.

With a full payload, the unit and trailer wheels all splatter that kid.

47 minutes ago, Wack said:

I'm not saying it's not but there was plenty of time to brake and avoid possibly killing her, if you can't see that you need to give your head a wobble, it's not 1956 on drum brakes

This is how quick a modern truck can stop , that was entirely avoidable

If you can't merge with traffic on a busy stretch of road,you have no business being there.

They obviously couldn't. 

Give your own head a wobble,if you think they needed special treatment to join the flow of traffic.