The grumpy thread

outlaw118

wheeler dealers the footballer range rover

when he speak to the dealer - fire it up - oh thats sounds ok - clearly when as he mentioned as he drove it oh its got a misfire - but you could tell when he starts it

then he speaks to edd and tells him its a v8

no wonder ive always taped them and watched them afterwards

Why am I the one who has to 'hold it together' for the family 🤷‍♂️

Nice folk turn to me for help and support etc, but fuck me this week has made me need a little time off 😅

Also Work - Same old shit. No money etc... More people gone down the road, same negative environment, but it pays well (pension is poor) ... and I've avoided all Redundo slots so far 🤞

0440 and I'm just back from A&E, on my own.  They couldn't even tell me when they would know if they were keeping MrsR in.  She's had no sleep and therefore neither have I, because of the crippling pain in her stomach, which is probably down to her gallstones.  But fuck me, they've never been this bad.  So now I'm under a duvet on the settee, with my little dog who can't understand why we suddenly went out in the middle of the night.

On 11/11/2021 at 4:45 AM, eddyramrod said:

0440 and I'm just back from A&E, on my own.  They couldn't even tell me when they would know if they were keeping MrsR in.  She's had no sleep and therefore neither have I, because of the crippling pain in her stomach, which is probably down to her gallstones.  But fuck me, they've never been this bad.  So now I'm under a duvet on the settee, with my little dog who can't understand why we suddenly went out in the middle of the night.

Sorry to hear you both have another challenge Eddie, I know it's awful having to leave loved ones alone at Hospital as I've had similar with my wife recently ( now mended) . Easily said but try and get some rest yourself and make sure you eat etc. 

On 11/11/2021 at 4:45 AM, eddyramrod said:

Bon chance Eddie. Seems you really have been through the mill. I'm glad to hear an op is happening which will hopefully get rid of the pain. Fingers crossed for you both

Work have just cancelled everyone's annual leave bookings for the THIRD TIME because they've got their heads up their arses and can't calculate anyone's leave accrual after an internal reshuffle. 

They won't uphold any existing bookings and are making us all scrabble for leave at Christmas. Repeatedly. 

Boils my fucking piss, they admit it's their fault but are leaving us to clean their shit up. 

2 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Work have just cancelled everyone's annual leave bookings for the THIRD TIME because they've got their heads up their arses and can't calculate anyone's leave accrual after an internal reshuffle. 

They won't uphold any existing bookings and are making us all scrabble for leave at Christmas. Repeatedly. 

Boils my fucking piss, they admit it's their fault but are leaving us to clean their shit up. 

All go off sick, extra level of work stress 🤷‍♂️ Give them a taste of 'sort that lot out' 😅

FFS, just realised that I forgot to cancel my parking in Belfast from this morning on the JustPark app when I got back to the car. Completely slipped my mind.

Total billed time for parking at Cromac Street Car Park - 8hrs 38 mins. Thank you for your custom.

I was only parked there for half an hour...

On 10/11/2021 at 14:17, hairnet said:

wheeler dealers the footballer range rover

when he speak to the dealer - fire it up - oh thats sounds ok - clearly when as he mentioned as he drove it oh its got a misfire - but you could tell when he starts it

then he speaks to edd and tells him its a v8

no wonder ive always taped them and watched them afterwards

I hate it at the end when Mike gets all excited when they’ve made £1000 “profit”, forgetting 100 man hours of Ed’s Labour.

Even at minimum wage with no overheads , they’d never make a profit, let alone at realistic garage rates.

Just now, eddyramrod said:

Wife update again: I'm talking to her on FB as we speak, she's had her gall bladder taken out and will be in for a few more days.

Glad it's sorted mate. My wife had gall stones some years ago and she says the pain was horrific, but she soon recovered after having her gall bladder out. 

10 hours ago, Fumbler said:

What is it with people and using full beam on the motorway and when they're approaching you on a standard road? It must be the time of year or something, but my drive home from Somerset was absolutely terrifying on some stretches.

I'm getting a lot of this on my new more rural commute, and it really is spurring me on to wire up all the spotlights on the roof with 200w bulbs in each to give these ignorant pillocks a taste of their own!

Part of the problem is modern headlights that auto-dip. They can be slow to dip and quick to go back to full but the worse problem is when people forget they're not in the car with auto-dip and go everywhere on full beam.

It just adds to the usual amount of delightful people who use full beam (and/or front fog lights) inconsiderately. 

21 minutes ago, mintwth said:

Part of the problem is modern headlights that auto-dip. They can be slow to dip and quick to go back to full but the worse problem is when people forget they're not in the car with auto-dip and go everywhere on full beam.

It just adds to the usual amount of delightful people who use full beam (and/or front fog lights) inconsiderately. 

You'd be surprised how many of them are actually not on full beam. I get flashed every few weeks or so by someone assuming I am on full beam when I'm not. One chap the other night took real objection, pulled over, hurled abuse as I went past, and started tailgating me and flashing me for a few miles. Allegedly the new one will turn off bits of the lights if it sees something coming towards it. I'm not sure how well this will work based on the delay on auto full beam (which is why I don't use it).