The grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 hours ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

you mean like Snow cone?

Android Pie   9        
Android 10 Quince Tart 10        
Android 11 Red Velvet Cake 11        
Android 12 Snow Cone 12

I wonder what mine is?  Spent all day getting the damned thing in somewhat like working order, managed a couple of texts to my grandson.

I secretly hope it doesn't do actual phone calls, done enough over the past couple of days to last the rest of the decade.

Went to get the charger and tried to plug it in but it seems to have shrunk.

The black one.  Fortunately the Samsung one works.

IMG_20211109_210248396_BURST000_COVER.jpg

1 hour ago, Wack said:

Fuck me , they have no fear of the general public, hopefully this is enough evidence for a conviction , some poor bastard worked hard for that 

What I don't understand is why someone filmed him.but didn't stop him and phone the police. 

5 minutes ago, New POD said:

What I don't understand is why someone filmed him.but didn't stop him and phone the police. 

It's the new Britain , can't film and phone on the same device , being London there might've been a chance of a copper being within ½ a mile 

1 hour ago, Wack said:

Fuck me , they have no fear of the general public, hopefully this is enough evidence for a conviction , some poor bastard worked hard for that 

I hacksawed a very thick cable lock off my bike, in the middle of Canterbury city centre, on a busy day. Nobody batted an eyelid. 

On 11/8/2021 at 9:00 AM, Tadhg Tiogar said:

No, but there are plenty of other things to set fire to.

EDIT: this, for example....

Big bang fire

That was at a banger race meeting at Ringwood Raceway.  It was advertised as an "organised display" yet was done by the promoters themselves (having worked at that venue a couple of times I will refrain from commenting on them) and what they appear to have done is simply lit the fireworks while they were still in the back of the pickup and run away.  I know a few people who were there on Saturday and I am told of several fireworks flying into the crowd as well as at least one vehicle on the infield - which the staff didn't even bother to move before the display - going up in flames.

It was reported a couple of weeks ago that there's a possibility of them building houses on this venue.  On this evidence, and that of some extremely unruly and downright dangerous activities at some other meetings, I hope they hurry up and do so!

On 11/7/2021 at 11:19 PM, Tadhg Tiogar said:

The more debt you service, the more it improves*. Allegedly.

But don’t have too much credit that you’re not using, a few years ago I had a crazy amount of availability on credit cards, not maxed out, I had a couple I’d not used for a while and was advised to close them by our bank when sorting our mortgage out a few years ago. 

11 hours ago, New POD said:

Because the likelihood of an officer getting there in time before they fuck off with the bike is vanishingly small.  At least with a video there is some evidence of it happening, pictures of faces, the clothing they were wearing, what scooter they were on etc.etc.  Far more useful than the call being 60s earlier to the police, but with absolutely no information other than "two youths wearing balaclavas on a scooter".

Also, would you stop someone who has an angry grinder in their hand?  I'd possibly run him down in a car, but the risk of him using it as a weapon is rather high.

19 minutes ago, Tickman said:

I certainly wouldn't go near someone who has a running angle grinder and obviously doesn't give a shit about anything!

16 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Also, would you stop someone who has an angry grinder in their hand?  I'd possibly run him down in a car, but the risk of him using it as a weapon is rather high.

Both points well put.  

4 minutes ago, Talbot said:

It's because of utter scum like those arseholes that I have a £10 bike in pink, which no-one would ever want to steal.  My bike lamps cost more than the bike.

It's because of utter scum like those arseholes that I make sure there's somewhere secure to store my bike at the other end of any journey. If I take it to work, it goes behind my desk with me.

wheeler dealers the footballer range rover

when he speak to the dealer - fire it up - oh thats sounds ok - clearly when as he mentioned as he drove it oh its got a misfire - but you could tell when he starts it

then he speaks to edd and tells him its a v8

no wonder ive always taped them and watched them afterwards

Why am I the one who has to 'hold it together' for the family 🤷‍♂️

Nice folk turn to me for help and support etc, but fuck me this week has made me need a little time off 😅

Also Work - Same old shit. No money etc... More people gone down the road, same negative environment, but it pays well (pension is poor) ... and I've avoided all Redundo slots so far 🤞

0440 and I'm just back from A&E, on my own.  They couldn't even tell me when they would know if they were keeping MrsR in.  She's had no sleep and therefore neither have I, because of the crippling pain in her stomach, which is probably down to her gallstones.  But fuck me, they've never been this bad.  So now I'm under a duvet on the settee, with my little dog who can't understand why we suddenly went out in the middle of the night.