The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Fscking Hermes.  They've gone and lost the parcel with what was meant to be the replacement alternator for the Jag in.  Shows as delivered yesterday morning...it wasn't.

Have checked with everyone one our (short) street, and the same house number on both neighbouring ones and all likely areas they could have chucked it, no package.

On the subject of WD, the most laughable for me were the 325 Touring where MB told the buyer it had been fitted with a new stainless steel exhaust.

The other one was the two tone crapi - rattled canned by Ed. Even in the finished shots the wings were as distinctive as black on white.

Absolute piles of cack. Very, very few lasted more than a year or two after the programmes.

image.png.8a87677a8142b067106a6774ddb27c4e.png

I'm using a PC without an adblocker, the first time for me in many years. The first ad I see is this, using a screenshot from a BigCliveDotCom video and claiming to save energy bills by 90%. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but crummy cons like this haven't changed one bit.

Our local air ambulance has been grounded for the last few days. Some kind of failure meant it couldn't take off again after being called out.

They've had to bring in a security company to protect it, clearly they don't trust the scum bags in the area not to fucking touch it.

Together energy. We fucked them off last month and went back to octopus because they were shite. We paid them but they still want £32 that we paid weeks ago. They now want " documentary proof". Well you can have it. And get in the fucking sea.

I'm back from a weekend away and have had a miserable time. Could possibly be reanimating the single & sad thread soon.

Went to bed Friday and she wakes me up at 4 am clomping about going to the loo. No problem, back to sleep. I turn over and must have pulled more than my share of the duvet as she starts shrieking. 5 mins later she's at it again 'cos I let one go. FFS shut up and let me sleep! So she announces we're going home in the morning and flounces off to the sofa.

I don't react very well, and am grumpy for 2 days or so. Possibly not helped by anticipation that holiday was going to be shit as she is guaranteed to have 3 topics to reinforce constantly. (She can breathe SO much BETTER at the coast. Why in Leeds you have to shovel the soot out of your lungs every day! / This is so much better, because there's no students. She saw one smoking walking past her block of flats last week. What a bastard! / Why are people not wearing masks? It's all that twat Boris's fault!)

Also a bonus grump, I'm going to have to disconnect the battery to reset the radio, as she decided that you don't turn the volume down by turning the big round knob, you randomly stab buttons until you've changed the display language to Russian. Or maybe Turkish. Something with lots of Z's anyway.

1 hour ago, jakebullet said:

I'm back from a weekend away and have had a miserable time. Could possibly be reanimating the single & sad thread soon.

Went to bed Friday and she wakes me up at 4 am clomping about going to the loo. No problem, back to sleep. I turn over and must have pulled more than my share of the duvet as she starts shrieking. 5 mins later she's at it again 'cos I let one go. FFS shut up and let me sleep! So she announces we're going home in the morning and flounces off to the sofa.

I don't react very well, and am grumpy for 2 days or so. Possibly not helped by anticipation that holiday was going to be shit as she is guaranteed to have 3 topics to reinforce constantly. (She can breathe SO much BETTER at the coast. Why in Leeds you have to shovel the soot out of your lungs every day! / This is so much better, because there's no students. She saw one smoking walking past her block of flats last week. What a bastard! / Why are people not wearing masks? It's all that twat Boris's fault!)

Also a bonus grump, I'm going to have to disconnect the battery to reset the radio, as she decided that you don't turn the volume down by turning the big round knob, you randomly stab buttons until you've changed the display language to Russian. Or maybe Turkish. Something with lots of Z's anyway.

Do you find this happens occasionally - maybe every 28 days or so?

40 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Do you find this happens occasionally - maybe every 28 days or so?

It's not that. She just appears to spend more time being angry about something / anything all the time, and it's not fun any more. I go there filled with dread about what today's rant is going to be. So I'm probably giving off negative vibes too as I'm expecting problems. We're just not happy any more.

4 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Prelude is closer to the Accord in size.

7 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Looks a bit wider than an Acclaim

I've referred to that accurate* source of facts*.......... wiki. Both comments above seemed reasonable and wanted to know how far out I was.

There's nothing in it between Acclaim and Prelude

9mm in wheelbase,  1mm in length, 35mm in width. Acclaim being smaller . . .  You are both right that the Prelude is bigger (unless you count height🙃 - the Prelude is shorter giving it a better 'stance').

The Accord isn't much bigger either - just 350mm longer and an extra 120mm in the wheelbase.

Surprised how close these all are.  Prelude is all Accord under the skin too, it seems.

An Acclaim was my grandfather's last car - in gold. Only ever remember him buying a new car after he crashed the old one🤣

On 18/10/2021 at 19:59, Remspoor said:

The TV has gone. Now looking at all of the "options" for a new one. The choice is  a bit confusing.

Don't be a cheap cunt like me and buy a Hisense. 

If you have problems with it you'll spend WEEKS back and forth with their customer support team only to be told "not our problem m9". 

I have one of their 65" jobbies and it will not play UHD content through Netflix or iPlayer without it flickering intermittently.... software issue that isn't covered apparently (telly has a Netflix button on the remote FFS).

Then there is the issue with bluetooth headsets regularly losing audio stream / stuttering (even though they work perfectly fine with my other TV/Phones)...they don't guarantee compatibility. 

Make sure your telly is also backed by a reputable warranty from the likes of Richer Sounds. This fucking thing would have been thrown back at Costcos front desk if it wasn't for the fact I'll need to hire a van to take it back 😂. Going through the rigmarole of an online return just now.🤞

MrsR is ill.  She had a scan last week, for which they needed to inject her with some "contrast dye."  She also started some new medication.  She's suffering a reaction to one thing or the other (can't tell which) consisting of a major and sudden rash, swollen and puffy eyes, loss of what little appetite she has, complete loss of sleep and inability to manage the pain she was already in anyway.  Not to mention the lack of energy.  She's phoned the doctor this morning and got an appointment with someone this afternoon, so that's something I suppose.

Bollocks!  I've just typed out a four-paragraph tale of criminal damage and it's disappeared because I clicked "show new post" in case it was relevant.

@sierraman I totally agree!  I could get quite worked up about that when I was driving trucks, and often had the widest ERF in Lancashire!

3 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

Bollocks!  I've just typed out a four-paragraph tale of criminal damage and it's disappeared because I clicked "show new post" in case it was relevant.

@sierraman I totally agree!  I could get quite worked up about that when I was driving trucks, and often had the widest ERF in Lancashire!

Maybe I should buy an ERF and run the fuckers into the barriers. 🤣

52 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

Absolutely hate it when that happens... though I've sometimes found that if you navigate back to the main forum, and then click back on to the topic you were responding to and hit 'Reply', your previously lost text reappears in the box. Not always, mind!

This was one of the reasons I had to sack off my 'Live from the Tat Market' postings - after the text vanishes during the third time of typing, there's just no way of staying chill...

I had the misfortune to go into Morrisons in Widnes - I only wanted a bottle of spirits.

The total opposite of Aldi - customers emptying their trolleys at speeds that would suggest they had been lobotomised before entering. Disinterested staff.

The bottle went back on the shelf.

42 minutes ago, Bren said:

I had the misfortune to go into Morrisons in Widnes - I only wanted a bottle of spirits.

The total opposite of Aldi - customers emptying their trolleys at speeds that would suggest they had been lobotomised before entering. Disinterested staff.

The bottle went back on the shelf.

OAP hour, was it?

I am developing a very special hatred for people who treat the right turn lane on roundabouts (where it IS a right turn only) as their own personal overtaking lane.

Especially when the twats don't even have the decency to put their foot down to get out the way - no, muggins here has to slam on the anchors to avoid getting sideswiped.

Three times it's happened today, third of which nearly resulted in me getting driven into by the bus that was behind me.