The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Flipping car! Was out the door before 7am this morning, cleared the morning most off the windows and set off, everything clearing nicely. 

6 miles up the road, with the fans still in the entire car suddenly fogged right up instantly. Windows down, air con on full tilt and it eventually cleared, I've not had that happen before! 

Was watching the temp needle like a hawk, I even felt around the carpets incase the matrix had gone pop. Popped the bonnet when I got to work and all was fine. 

Was very strange, I guess leaving it parked for 5 days in cooling weather than driving it made the air inside flip out 

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

Flipping car! Was out the door before 7am this morning, cleared the morning most off the windows and set off, everything clearing nicely. 

6 miles up the road, with the fans still in the entire car suddenly fogged right up instantly. Windows down, air con on full tilt and it eventually cleared, I've not had that happen before! 

Was watching the temp needle like a hawk, I even felt around the carpets incase the matrix had gone pop. Popped the bonnet when I got to work and all was fine. 

Was very strange, I guess leaving it parked for 5 days in cooling weather than driving it made the air inside flip out 

Look under the scuttle grille and make sure there's not a few pints of water sloshing about.

2 hours ago, beko1987 said:

with the fans still in the entire car suddenly fogged right up instantly.

Sure it was on the inside? I had the same happen to me last night but it was water condensing on the outside of the glass.

Giveaways being the wing mirrors fogged at the same instant and I could clear the 'fogging' with wipers and washers. 

1 hour ago, mintwth said:

Sure it was on the inside? I had the same happen to me last night but it was water condensing on the outside of the glass.

Giveaways being the wing mirrors fogged at the same instant and I could clear the 'fogging' with wipers and washers. 

Was both tbh, now you mention that yes the wing mirrors both went foggy in an instant! 

Screenwash and keeping the wipers on low helped on the outside, aircon on full whack on the windscreen did the inside

Why do our local bin men empty our bins and then shove the cunts in to another postcode, so you've got to launch an appeal on TV asking for help finding it? 

It was sat neatly on my driveway waiting to be emptied.

Can't it go back there? Or is it a council ruse to get us out for some exercise?

51 minutes ago, iainrcz said:

Why do our local bin men empty our bins and then shove the cunts in to another postcode, so you've got to launch an appeal on TV asking for help finding it? 

Can't it go back there? Or is it a council ruse to get us out for some exercise?

Maybe @dozeydustman has a theory that explains this 🤔

59 minutes ago, iainrcz said:

7 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Maybe @dozeydustman has a theory that explains this 🤔

Because some dustmen don’t want their xmas tips or don’t take pride in their work

Note to whoever designed the timing chain tensioner used on the Mercedes M.102 engine:

I hate you.

What a bloody stupidly overcomplicated faff of a setup.  Yes, it means there's double redundancy, but jeeez...if you've made it that complicated anyway would it have been too much to ask for some means to reset the damned thing without having to completely dismantle it?

Christmas is ruined 😡

That's unprecedented...

FFS...

I managed 2 mins of question time before my blood pressure could be measured in BAR.. thank god someone left their lights on in their Hyundai or I would have bust.

Oh, and my local BP has no diesel, normal or HGV pumps..  I have a BP card for the truck and usually fill up once a day.  There are 6 BP stations in Fife. This one being the biggest. This could be interesting..

4 sail - diesel car, some mot, full tank of deisel

20210924_100241.thumb.jpg.3b8c88b40483f8bd1b20e5f35a819a69.jpg£4000 ovno... 

Fucking jokers! Red light was on so I waited until it was less busy to go and become one of the panic buying* sheeple so I can get to work next week

20210924_094911.thumb.jpg.3328c913dcd3d44d0a93f6df46cd5a4f.jpg

Once I got onto the forecourt though I went straight to an empty pump. Fucking idiots in fiestas and golf's blocking the joint up waiting for a nozzle on the filler side... Fucked past all of them, used the convenient hose that's attached to the nozzle to fill up (and yes I adjusted my behavior and brimmed the tank as it should last me until this blows over/the bloody media stop causing panic and alarm) 

I'm grumpy now as I feel part of the problem but don't have much choice! 

Very few seem to realise that the hoses are long enough to reach across the car so it matters not which side of the pumps you go to.

I've had quite a number of astonished looks when I have done this - I usually find it easier than being squished between the car and the pump island and can see the display better, not that it matters as I only ever fill it up to the top.

10 minutes ago, myglaren said:

Very few seem to realise that the hoses are long enough to reach across the car so it matters not which side of the pumps you go to.

I've had quite a number of astonished looks when I have done this - I usually find it easier than being squished between the car and the pump island and can see the display better, not that it matters as I only ever fill it up to the top.

Yup, no end of tiny cars doing it! Which made the vans have to wait because they dont have a choice. Once I got to the pump I was under 4 minutes in and out