The grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Is it possible to swap the connector assemblies, or are they moulded in?

They're set in the coil epoxy unfortunately. Luckily, seller accepts returns and the correct one was sourced for half the price.

17 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

They're set in the coil epoxy unfortunately. Luckily, seller accepts returns and the correct one was sourced for half the price.

Let me have a look in the shed tomorrow...I *may* have one of those coil packs in there.  Not sure, but I definitely had a couple of spares at some point.

Today has been average.

Track & traced pinged whilst I was in the middle of B&Q.  Traced back from being in the flying fart tank back from Spain.  Gr8. Yet another test this afternoon. Had plans to go see a car tomorrow so that's fukked as I need to wait my results. Then I smashed the screen on my phone to smithereens as it fell out my back pocket onto the drive. Baws

39 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Let me have a look in the shed tomorrow...I *may* have one of those coil packs in there.  Not sure, but I definitely had a couple of spares at some point.

Cheers! Much appreciated. I've got one on order but can cancel if you've got one.

20 minutes ago, Gerrymcd said:

Today has been average.

Track & traced pinged whilst I was in the middle of B&Q.  Traced back from being in the flying fart tank back from Spain.  Gr8. Yet another test this afternoon. Had plans to go see a car tomorrow so that's fukked as I need to wait my results. Then I smashed the screen on my phone to smithereens as it fell out my back pocket onto the drive. Baws

Why on earth would anyone still have t+t on their phone? Just go and see the car and do a test of your own.

20210918_171540.thumb.jpg.f7d1443f034b78035ca630451d06095b.jpg

House was leaking again. More tarps. Home Depot was sold out of chainsaws. Cable ground box full of wasps. Nearly got sunstroke up on the roof.

Did clear a little bit of the yard but there's been monsoon style rain every day and everything's soaked. I had intention to cut the grass but it was too wet to even contemplate trying to liberate the mower.

37 minutes ago, Gerrymcd said:

Test came back negative. Pretty quick considering. I wonder if the whole plane gets a pull or just those in rows beside the identified case.

Most likely the whole plane. At work, everyone in the department I work in got pinged in the space of a few hours, despite not meeting the person who tested positive at all in the last 3 days.

My own fault for using halfrauds.

Took BINI down yesterday for a puncture repair/ front wheel balance. 

ABS light now on. OK no big deal. Call it coincidence. Went out to jack up front and clean wheel sensors and have a look as my code reader is a cheapie so won't read the fault. 

I can't remove the OSF wheel. They have torqued up the bolts so much that the locking  key slip on the bolt. There is a lovely shiny chunk out it. It was absolutely perfect  before. The NSF came off but was torqued up something awful. Obviously the rears are a1 as they didn't touch them, can remove with a standard tyre wrench. 

No wonder I hate using these places but my guy is shut at the weekend so thought it would be ok. I am fucking raging!!😂😂  chap on phone didn't want to know. I've to go back tomorrow when boss is in. Suppose this is my reminder for the next 10 years not to go back and use them or kwik fit or any of those other speedy establishments. Worth the inconvenience 🤣

Went on a local camp , got the old tent out and the shock cord in the poles had perished , ever tried putting poles into sleeves without the shock cord , right bar steward of a job ..... Then I realised I had forgot the air beds , nipped back and got them , and mine went down on me in the night as well , like trying to sleep on a jelly .. apart from that lots of fun ... As the group had took over the field ...IMG_20210918_185102_005.thumb.jpg.b64023c5a921241f53daa4a3168bc967.jpg

17 hours ago, Gerrymcd said:

I'm well aware of the risks and was happy to accept them to have enjoyed my week in the sun. Just bad timing. If it was during the week I wouldn't have squeeked. Suppose I have nothing to be complaining about really.  

I've had it a while ago, everyone got 10 days quarantine. It's a little easier now.

Oh for fuck sake, get me the fuck out of this shithole town, now please.  In fact no, get me out of here about eight years ago.

Apparently someone in front of me while I was out walking the dog called the police because they thought I was following them.  So they descended on me, in great numbers, in the middle of the dog walk.

No  I was not deliberately following anyone, I have a dog who has serious anxiety issues who will turn into a 35kg ground anchor if there's anyone behind us (or she thinks there is), so overtaking people walking slower isn't something I can really do.  I hang back as far as possible and wait till I can either switch paths or there's a wide enough area I can get by without her noticing.  It's a royal pain in the ass somewhere as busy as this, but is part of living with a rescue dog.  A lot of her behaviour issues we have managed to improve on, but that one has proven impossible to sort with any reliability so far.

Guess it's reassuring to see they'll appear rapidly for some types of reports...

What do you want to bet I'm red flagged on every goddamn watchlist under the sun for the next six months now...

I used to go out for walks in the evening around my hometown, especially if I'd been working from home all day, sometimes just walking or sometimes playing Pokemon Go.  Thanks to the recent shift in attitudes, coupled with being male,  I no longer do so because I am too paranoid someone will accuse me of something sinister.