The grumpy thread

outlaw118

My daily is a (smoll) van. Overtaken today in a 30, by  MB coupe. It stopped for the queue at the lights, then tried to pull out to blast past. Oops, I'd closed up when he realized* it was futile, and then had nowhere to go. Yes, my bad, but DH deserved it.

On 7/21/2021 at 7:06 PM, Tigerfox said:

Whats the record for a main dealer to repair a car ?

Son in laws 60 plate Lexus is suffered a injector failure, 3 months later same part failed. New injector fitted under parts warranty and car wont start now.

They have now had the car 3 months, yes 3 and have decided the ecu is faulty and is obsolete and nobody will attempt to repair it

Absolutly staggering. Mind you the 70 plate loan car is clockingup the miles

Rant over

4 months now. Dealer and Lexus have no clue now. ECU reconditioned.

The Car (LS220d) was delivered running on a recovery truck, now they cannot even get it to fire.  

Hoping they buy the car or provide a similar replacement

Scumbag traders and their dodgy repairs. Guy I know dropped by to show his new acquisition, this YRV. 

51482290882_0e8062727b_b.jpg

Was sold "with renewed inspection, new battery, new tyres". Tyres? Good profile, but old and of the wrong size. Battery? Wrong size as well. Inspection? Yeah it passed a week ago but shouldn't have. I can easily poke holes in the front half of the sills, the rust is covered up with filler and black paint. Bastards.

1 hour ago, D.E said:

Scumbag traders and their dodgy repairs. Guy I know dropped by to show his new acquisition, this YRV. 

Was sold "with renewed inspection, new battery, new tyres". Tyres? Good profile, but old and of the wrong size. Battery? Wrong size as well. Inspection? Yeah it passed a week ago but shouldn't have. I can easily poke holes in the front half of the sills, the rust is covered up with filler and black paint. Bastards.

Is there any way of reporting the dodgy test to the Dutch equivalent of Vosa?

On 9/15/2021 at 6:42 AM, mhrallye said:

Wish i could get a 7% pay rise - recently we (as employees) were told were all to get a 6% pay rise since last year we got none - (3% for last year and 3% for this year) recently i noticed that for some reason my hourly rate had not went up - approched a "manager" about it and his reply was basically "you get too much money as it is so you will not be getting it" bearing in mind he wouldn't respond when i asked what my 'official' job title was (my payslip and contract say parts advisor - despite me doing the role of a parts manager!) - in other words i was bullshitted so they can continue to get a managers job done for the price of a advisor! 

And this from a large (no names!) scottish car company which is currently very understaffed and cannot seem to fill ANY job roles as they have such a bad rap - needless to say i am currently on lookout for something else...

Wish I could get ANY sort of pay rise - it's been 13 years☹️

5 hours ago, D.E said:

Not one from Jet car or Grootauto I hope.

5 hours ago, artdjones said:

Is there any way of reporting the dodgy test to the Dutch equivalent of Vosa?

You can report questionable test results to the RDW, if they get lots of complaints about a specific business they *may* start to check them more often.

30 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Not one from Jet car or Grootauto I hope.

Ah, you're familiar with our most notorious traders😁

But no, this is a much smaller business. They usually have a stock of cars that may seem interesting at first, but most of them will only be good for spares or scrap.  

https://www.marktplaats.nl/u/autobedrijf-de-baan/94934/

It appears that Alfetta will lose its paint if you aim a high pressure cleaner at it. That's.... impressive.

18 hours ago, D.E said:

You can report questionable test results to the RDW, if they get lots of complaints about a specific business they *may* start to check them more often.

Ah, you're familiar with our most notorious traders😁

But no, this is a much smaller business. They usually have a stock of cars that may seem interesting at first, but most of them will only be good for spares or scrap.  

https://www.marktplaats.nl/u/autobedrijf-de-baan/94934/

It appears that Alfetta will lose its paint if you aim a high pressure cleaner at it. That's.... impressive.

I have not read about that one. Looked at the  Alfetta , it is still wet inside. 

Google reviews are not great .

47 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Meanwhile, I'm listening in on a man's very loud phone conversation with his wife, as is the rest of this bus. He sounds very frustrated....

I generally feel frustrated on buses, mostly because public transport is a circle of hell(4th or perhaps 5th) that I get to pay for twice, once for the ticket and again at the end of the month. With the number of people that use the local bus service it would be cheaper to run 2 buses morning and afternoon rushhour and everyone else get a subsidised cab ride. Greener too.

was teaching a year 10 foundation maths class , who would not shut up when told , nearly said "I am not teaching anymore because of you lot" but said " I am not to teach until you are quiet " " GET OUT OF MY CLASSROOM-" was belted four times in 1hr .

BL00DY  Ridiculuous

24 minutes ago, 2cvspecial said:

was teaching a year 10 foundation maths class , who would not shut up when told , nearly said "I am not teaching anymore because of you lot" but said " I am not to teach until you are quiet " " GET OUT OF MY CLASSROOM-" was belted four times in 1hr .

BL00DY  Ridiculuous

Only four times… must be a posh school you’re in… 😂😂

I very very rarely shout in the classroom… the raise of one eyebrow can pretty much bring a class to order. I shout so rarely that they know there must really be something up if I do.

Kids can’t wait for you to shout, so many of them have learnt at home that if they’re shouted at they can shout back. 

17 minutes ago, brownnova said:

I very very rarely shout in the classroom… the raise of one eyebrow can pretty much bring a class to order. I shout so rarely that they know there must really be something up if I do.

Kids can’t wait for you to shout, so many of them have learnt at home that if they’re shouted at they can shout back. 

not that bloody posh! 

1 hour ago, brownnova said:

Oof, good teacher. I had one like that, most liked and respected him, but wouldn't cross him, no way!