The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Have a word if he's otherwise a normal human being, if he's a zombie bellend dob him in to the police as he's breaking the law.

1 hour ago, jakebullet said:

Idiot next door has got himself a GAT / other shitty pop gun. So nice warm night for sitting out listening to POP POP POP as the retard attempts to hit a pallet 10 foot away.

42 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Have a word if he's otherwise a normal human being, if he's a zombie bellend dob him in to the police as he's breaking the law.

He's the one who keeps his illegal pit bike in his kitchen. Still plinking in the dark. FFS, must hit pallet before he can go in, fucker's not beating him! Tiny bloody target!

Guessing I shouldn't* put a report to crimestoppers saying "firearm"? 

6 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Dad's over the edge I think. 

My mum knows, I tried to talk to her about it and she became visibly distressed and said 'I don't want to hear it'.

I wish I could afford to move out. I don't want to see this. 

Tough times Max, I feel for you.

I was reflecting on the parent / child relationship a while ago, as parents get into their later years roles slowly reverse, we saw this with my Dad in his last 18m or so with us children needing to take more of a role first encouraging, then advising, then telling, then doing.

It's a really tough road to navigate, thankfully I'm one of 5 kids so all our personalities could push the right bits.

Don't give up, but slowly does it,  as you say your Mum knows she's just not ready to accept it yet.

Things just get better.

The vectra needs another tyre. Same side as the other. It was completely flat overnight.

20210909_101816.thumb.jpg.78fa27e995b3f30e7a191c8896ad64dc.jpg

Another inner side wall. Trying to explain to wife about driving over pot holes and other things has been a waste of time - I feel like Blackadder teaching baldrick how to count beans.

On 9/8/2021 at 12:13 PM, vulgalour said:

This is more like a company says they have an arbitrary amount, take your order, and then go and look to see if they have it or can get it from somewhere within the timeframe of the delivery.  It also seems to be very common practice now, particularly on eBay.

This is essentially it.

They probably all go via the same suplier, and you've probably contacted them yourself by merit of hunting.

I had a similar issue with Volvo radio loom adaptors, the manufacturer no longer stocked them and all the companies who said they had stock were obviously just ordering them in as required and hadn't realised they were now NLA.

Not grumpy, more sad really. My daughter is moving into uni digs on Sunday, we were walking round Tesco earlier pissing ourselves laughing at stupid stuff like we normally do and it just hit me like a truck that these regular things we do are going to be quite few and far between now as she fly's the nest for the first time. I'm delighted and excited for her starting a new adventure but we are really close, just wasn't expecting it to hit me like that.

Think i'll need a new project car to take my mind off it ! 

14 minutes ago, omegod said:

Not grumpy, more sad really. My daughter is moving into uni digs on Sunday, we were walking round Tesco earlier pissing ourselves laughing at stupid stuff like we normally do and it just hit me like a truck that these regular things we do are going to be quite few and far between now as she fly's the nest for the first time. I'm delighted and excited for her starting a new adventure but we are really close, just wasn't expecting it to hit me like that.

When I left for uni was the first time my dad realised he had a son. That Christmas, he gave me his Omega Chronostop Driver. In box. Meant a lot cause he really struggles to show he cares - and he doesn't really have anything else. 

Make sure your lass knows she's appreciated. 

One week after contacting the DVLA to report there had been a fuck up with the tax on the Pontiac and fixing said fuck up… it’s still not showing as taxed. All my other cars have changed status almost instantly. Why not this one?  😫😫 Looks like another call to Swansea in the morning. 

Oh and the 2CV doesn’t appear to be ready owing to the lack of phonecall from the welder. 

^Sounds like your Baby decide to have a curry.

Ordered from the local curry place earlier, and have felt like shit since. Stomach is making bubbling noises, can't decide if I need to vom' or squirt the lot out & properly feel off.

To top it off back pain has reared its ugly head. Yay 🤦‍♂️. Looks like a productive day is being called off.

2 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

...And people wonder why I never eat curry?  I've been in the back of too many restaurants, of all types!

My wife's Granddad would visit any establishment he intended to take his wife for a meal in, a couple of days before and ask if he could see the kitchen, before he made a booking. 

He would only take her there if the kitchen was as clean as her own, and the chef was clean shaven. 

Now if that's not romantic, I don't know what is. 

7 hours ago, omegod said:

Beware the empty nest syndrome.  

I've just mustered up the enthusiasm to go outside and actually do some work on the cars for the first time in months. 

Pick up a half empty 5l oil bottle in the garage as it was on the floor. Stand there looking where to put it, not even moving and get a pain right across the middle of my back and now can barely move.

Bunch of arse. 

Actually just overhead conversation between two people one space over from me in this car park...

The ticket machines here all require you to put in the vehicle reg number.

They couldn't remember or work out what their vehicle registration was.  Of the car standing two feet from where they were standing.

You guessed it...Range Rover Velar, with a three digit reg number.

Just...how?!?  How can you exist without being able to figure things like that out.

Reminds me of the one I encountered broken down halfway round a busy roundabout a few years ago.  Single female occupant...looked like the absolute stereotype you'd expect to be driving a white Range Rover Sport...but I stopped to offer assistance as I'd not wish being stuck there on anyone.

She had run out of fuel.  When asked if she'd noticed the gauge was showing empty I was greeted with the response:

"Fuel?  What's that for?  My husband deals with all that dirty stuff..."

I shook my head and walked away at that point having decided I was absolutely not getting any further involved.

Parked up in the next car park along and looked it up.  No tax no insurance and no MOT.  Guessing she expected her husband to deal with those too.  Reported it to the police and continued about my day.  Car was still there when I passed by about two hours later, still causing chaos on the roundabout.

57 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Actually just overhead conversation between two people one space over from me in this car park...

The ticket machines here all require you to put in the vehicle reg number.

They couldn't remember or work out what their vehicle registration was.  Of the car standing two feet from where they were standing.

You guessed it...Range Rover Velar, with a three digit reg number.

Just...how?!?  How can you exist without being able to figure things like that out.

Reminds me of the one I encountered broken down halfway round a busy roundabout a few years ago.  Single female occupant...looked like the absolute stereotype you'd expect to be driving a white Range Rover Sport...but I stopped to offer assistance as I'd not wish being stuck there on anyone.

She had run out of fuel.  When asked if she'd noticed the gauge was showing empty I was greeted with the response:

"Fuel?  What's that for?  My husband deals with all that dirty stuff..."

I shook my head and walked away at that point having decided I was absolutely not getting any further involved.

Parked up in the next car park along and looked it up.  No tax no insurance and no MOT.  Guessing she expected her husband to deal with those too.  Reported it to the police and continued about my day.  Car was still there when I passed by about two hours later, still causing chaos on the roundabout.

As I've remarked before, stupidity and incompetence are growth industries. Sure-fire winners*.

This is the legacy of the Jade Goody / Joey Essex / Rylan Clark generation. Enjoy* whilst you can.

8 hours ago, New POD said:

My wife's Granddad would visit any establishment he intended to take his wife for a meal in, a couple of days before and ask if he could see the kitchen, before he made a booking.

Why not? I've been back of house in many hotels and there is no way I'd eat in a lot of them. Any decent establishment should be proud to show you the standards they maintain.

Ex BIL was a chef, and he used to ask to visit the kitchen before ordering. Once at a very posh country restaurant, I went with him - the kitchen (and chefs) was spotless, with rows of copper pans hanging up, gleaming. An excellent (and v expensive) meal was had by all.

1 hour ago, Zelandeth said:

If you have an expensive car and enough money in the bank you need neither knowledge nor to follow rules. You've effectively already won the game.

As evidenced by this parking job, the woman driving walked around the car to get stuff out the boot so obviously deemed this acceptable. 

20210910_185137.thumb.jpg.17311cdd9e350ad3f81c392a24e137a8.jpg

Or this Range Rover that left a 2ft gap in front between the pavement and blocked half my street.

20210909_172702.thumb.jpg.674442674d3218e7f12643dce7c32825.jpg

36 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

If you have an expensive car and enough money in the bank you need neither knowledge nor to follow rules. You've effectively already won the game.

As evidenced by this parking job, the woman driving walked around the car to get stuff out the boot so obviously deemed this acceptable. 

20210910_185137.thumb.jpg.17311cdd9e350ad3f81c392a24e137a8.jpg

Or this Range Rover that left a 2ft gap in front between the pavement and blocked half my street.

20210909_172702.thumb.jpg.674442674d3218e7f12643dce7c32825.jpg

One that I posted in the parking thread a while ago20210810_121103.thumb.jpg.4d46c81ea1aacffd9de6ac2039fb41ca.jpg

2 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

As I've remarked before, stupidity and incompetence are growth industries. Sure-fire winners*.

This is the legacy of the Jade Goody / Joey Essex / Rylan Clark generation. Enjoy* whilst you can.

Just reminded me of this. 

476383.jpg.d3d13fd272baa4ae0e935d00615f5a1d.jpg