The grumpy thread

outlaw118

We had the sister's dog sat outside in the (fenced) yard. Some other random mongrel without collar has got in somehow and proceeded to bite our dog. Sister has put description of dog on bookface, and within 5 minutes fingers are pointed at the muppet next door. Muppet has then come out with a cock n bull story that he'd just saved it from smackheads, but he's now given it away to a random woman who was driving past. Hmmmm.

Going to vets in 20 mins to see how much their eyes can spin like fruit machine reels as they think of a price n double it.

Just called in one of the pubs local to our caravan for some food. One family sat inside. Lady behind the bar shouted rather abruptly " We're not taking walk ins". Looking on tinterweb you have to ring first.

The pub was so empty we actually thought inside wasn't open. If it was a gastro pub or just packed I would have understood - however it wasn't and it was just a Marston's.

While I do sympathise with hospitality staff that get grief off horrid customers tonight I have seen the flip side - maybe some places want to go out of business.

I probably would have then rang them from the car park, see if they would book me a table. If they did, I'd go in, look at the menu, and then tell them there is nothing they have that I want.

Better than booking and not going in.

Got my second Covid vaccination today, and as a full-time trypanophobic I've been losing sleep over it for several nights, and barely slept 2 hours last night.

I think what irritates me more is how people don't understand or, as I suspect, don't want to understand. "You've had your first one and survived, what's to be worried about?" It's a phobia, by their very nature they don't make any fucking sense. It's very different to just being a bit nervous about needles, so don't come at me with the "Oh everyone's a bit wary of needles, you'll be fine" shit either. Appointment isn't til 11 and I'm already sweating like a jogger's bollocks.

Everyone just writes me off as being a wimp, or melodramatic ... which I'll readily admit to being both of, just not in this particular context. :D

22 hours ago, Nyphur said:

Sky are bringing it back - Greg Davies to host

Yeah, with the utter fucknugget Jamali Maddix as a regular. Will record and fast forward his bits; he totally ruined last series of Taskmaster.

3 hours ago, Soundwave said:

I just hope I don't pass out like I did after my first one... the staff were great about it, but I felt so embarrassed!

It is something you don't read a lot about in this Covid era. There wer always stories in the military when guys in the queue for a vax would pass out. Did they give it to you before you were compos mentis?

14 hours ago, billy_bunter said:

Sedan! AAAARRRRRFFFGGHHHHHH

It is a saloon.

Just as an estate is not a fudgepacking wagon!

Had to let it out somewhere :-)

9 hours ago, TataBobu said:

You know you're wrong, there's no "sedan" nor "saloon". Only berline.  I'll have none of that "estate" or "wagon" you're speaking of,  I'll raise you combi or break.

And what about SWs?

PEUGEOT 407 SW de segunda mano y ocasión | Coches.net

Coche del día: Peugeot 307 SW | espíritu RACER