The grumpy thread

outlaw118

28 minutes ago, chris667 said:

I was behind a #Vanlife van. It was covered in stickers for the driver's social media.

It is not the first time I've seen a campervan conversion like this and it made me feel a bit sad. Can't you just enjoy something without having to broadcast it?

My other half and I have a new 'Vanlife' song to the tune of 'Parklife'.

'I shit in a bucket and post it on Insta...,
VANLIFE
My ex-wife hates me and the kids aren't allowed to see me,
VANLIFE...'

Make up your own variations.

This only applies to the bad conversions with lots of social media stickers.  So about 2/3rds of them.

47 minutes ago, chris667 said:

I was behind a #Vanlife van. It was covered in stickers for the driver's social media.

It is not the first time I've seen a campervan conversion like this and it made me feel a bit sad. Can't you just enjoy something without having to broadcast it?

My wife calls them shitty vans. Even without social media stickers. Because they have to cart around a load of poo all day.

9 hours ago, captain_70s said:

1961-cadillac-coupe-de-ville-60fa0375cfc52.webp.d9be8b8595e6a61684b91c8bffed3838.webp

12993258.jpg.63201adf99f9692c7e085fed323c4d00.jpg

1961: have you read the listing?  That's a world of pain waiting to happen.

1970: I know him slightly, we've spoken on occasion.  That one may well be a good car.

9 hours ago, captain_70s said:

far more presentable condition a few years ago?

Only on the surface!

I still have a mess under the vectras' bonnet despite me renewing a split breather. Some soapy water confirms the injectors at each end aren't sealing - I have bubbles.

I am the worlds' greatest vectra apologist - but my patience is wearing thin.

We had the sister's dog sat outside in the (fenced) yard. Some other random mongrel without collar has got in somehow and proceeded to bite our dog. Sister has put description of dog on bookface, and within 5 minutes fingers are pointed at the muppet next door. Muppet has then come out with a cock n bull story that he'd just saved it from smackheads, but he's now given it away to a random woman who was driving past. Hmmmm.

Going to vets in 20 mins to see how much their eyes can spin like fruit machine reels as they think of a price n double it.