The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Not grumpy but there isn't really a thread to suit, just sitting here after my wife has been carted off in an ambulance after her heart rate went fucking mental, like 190 bpm mental along with some worrying arm pain and vomiting, Paramedic ECG didn't show any horror signs but they've taken her in for further testing. Pre covid I'd have been with her but I now have to wait at home for updates which feels all kinds of wrong.  I'm reasonably confident she's ok  but quite worried all the same ..... strange times indeed :( 

2 minutes ago, omegod said:

Not grumpy but there isn't really a thread to suit, just sitting here after my wife has been carted off in an ambulance after her heart rate went fucking mental, like 190 bpm mental along with some worrying arm pain and vomiting, Paramedic ECG didn't show any horror signs but they've taken her in for further testing. Pre covid I'd have been with her but I now have to wait at home for updates which feels all kinds of wrong.  I'm reasonably confident she's ok  but quite worried all the same ..... strange times indeed :( 

Pray all is OK and she's back put soon and you don't have to wait long for an update.

Sorry if that seemed a bit dramatic me posting it but all felt very strange at the time , she's on the mend and had some IV  drippy stuff to slow her ticker down and bloods show no heart attack thankfully but she has a bit of a wonky ECG so I'll be picking her up in a bit and keep an eye on her.  Work can feck off for today, cheers for the comments.   

I hate hedge cutting. On one side of my garden is a roughly 20m stretch of 6ft high hedge. On the other is 30m of roughly 10ft high hedge. Then there is a few metres of 6ft high beside the front door. I'm roughly ⅔ of the way through, having done all the low hedges and some of the high one, and I'm fucked. But I have to get rid of the crap, which has previously meant dozens of small bags full of leaves and spiders in the car. But no, I have a trailer now! Yes, that's a 1 ton aggregate bag, rammed full and then compressed down with ratchet straps. The trailer is approaching its weight limit, I imagine. To the tip!

IMG_20210812_095802.thumb.jpg.d23ad52bd5bd32116d2c9418a7fa673e.jpg

As you can see, I still have the bit behind the drive and the top of the entire 30m to do... A job for another day! Grass cutting this afternoon. FML.

Watched darwin in action today at crosby beach , the place that a few drowned a short while back , group of lads went right out in the river at just before high tide , young RNLI guy had to paddle board out to them to get them back in . Then in the next 30 mins the water really came in , our picnic spot on the prom got swamped ..... It went from waist high to head high in that time !!!

Thats an iron man in the picture , the group was way past him ...

IMG_20210812_125849_788.thumb.jpg.d0702860c7fdac1a966b642ad94fcb42.jpg

Does anybody else has absolutely shocking shite luck when it comes to shock absorbers or are all modern shocks shit?

My white Panda:

Replaced all 4 original worn out shocks with Monroes. One trip to Italy and at least 1 of the rears was knocking its nuts off.

Replaced both with Bilsteins despite massive disappointment with Bilsteins on my Defender.

Then one of the front Monroes started knocking. Also then replaced with Bilsteins.

Within days of fitment, one of the rear Bilsteins was knocking. Luckily Autodoc gave me a warranty refund (after months of fighting).

Rears then replaced with Sachs. Finally a solution….. it’s been ok since.

I finally felt Sachs were a worthy replacement part so…….

Blue Panda:

Original rear shocks leaking and rotten so replaced with Sachs.

Unbranded newish replacement front shocks fitted by PO. Drivers side front now knocking.

2 days ago, rear Sachs shock passenger side knocking badly. Confirmed by swapping a Monroe from my red Panda. By hand compressing it feels absolutely fine. No baulking or lack of damping feel.

FFS are all brands like this?

On the Defenders I will only buy Konis now after proving Bilsteins and various others are shite.

Teuchters in the Highlands being Grumpy.

There have been unverified reports of motorhomes being attacked in parts of the Highlands. A Perth-based motorhomes rental firm advised its customers this week to avoid the North Coast 500 after tyres were slashed on two of its vehicles, and eggs and yoghurt thrown at others.

Just cheers this up a bit ha!

5 hours ago, Ian_Fearn said:

Does anybody else has absolutely shocking shite luck when it comes to shock absorbers or are all modern shocks shit?

My white Panda:

Replaced all 4 original worn out shocks with Monroes. One trip to Italy and at least 1 of the rears was knocking its nuts off.

Replaced both with Bilsteins despite massive disappointment with Bilsteins on my Defender.

Then one of the front Monroes started knocking. Also then replaced with Bilsteins.

Within days of fitment, one of the rear Bilsteins was knocking. Luckily Autodoc gave me a warranty refund (after months of fighting).

Rears then replaced with Sachs. Finally a solution….. it’s been ok since.

I finally felt Sachs were a worthy replacement part so…….

Blue Panda:

Original rear shocks leaking and rotten so replaced with Sachs.

Unbranded newish replacement front shocks fitted by PO. Drivers side front now knocking.

2 days ago, rear Sachs shock passenger side knocking badly. Confirmed by swapping a Monroe from my red Panda. By hand compressing it feels absolutely fine. No baulking or lack of damping feel.

FFS are all brands like this?

On the Defenders I will only buy Konis now after proving Bilsteins and various others are shite.

Yep been through similar woes with 3 vehicles over the last couple of years, Zafira, Vectra & Beetle. Monroe, KYB, Sachs & no name Ebay shite. All bloody awful and unreliable, the only ones that haven't fucked up are KYB, but coupled with their springs they make the ride far to hard for my liking.

On 3/21/2021 at 2:02 PM, Pieman said:

Like most people I know, I recorded the Car SOS Metro 6R4 episode onto our Tivo box to watch at a time when either one of my parents or my sister isn't in front of the TV (about 18 hours a day).

This morning, I overhear my dad saying he's deleted it off there because he thought the box had recorded it itself and that it was "junk" so he cleared it out along with some other programmes to free up space.  I watch maybe one TV programme every two months while they spend their lives sat in front of the thing.

Ages ago I know, but if you never managed to see the programme, click here

Work.  

Last few days have seen two colleagues walk.  One after being racially abused by a customer, the other for homophobic abuse (he isn’t gay, just a bit camp).  I was accused of having been “found at the moron farm” and “obviously lacking intelligence to do a real job”.  Yeah because financial advisers with almost 30 years behind them are fucking stupid.  Got my revenge on her though - she had turned up for her appointment 12 hours early and whilst I could have got her jabbed there and then I sent her away.  Mentioned nobody else has misread their confirmation email (which was a lie, it happens loads but everyone else gets sorted regardless) so fuck you bitch, it’s not my time and Petrol being wasted.

Had four adverse reactions - all were needle phobias rather than the shot itself but the body does some crazy shit when in panic mode.  Sometimes it happens after - the adrenaline builds with fear pre shot, and the dispersal afterwards causes all kinds of crazy heart rate and blood pressure shit.  Pretty frightening when you are left for just three or four minutes with someone you think could be dying on you before help arrives.  Didn’t do my adrenaline or blood pressure levels any favours.  Must have been serious as that one needed an ambulance.

Wouldnt mind but I’m minimum wage casual.  

On 8/13/2021 at 8:22 PM, Rab said:

There have been unverified reports of motorhomes being attacked in parts of the Highlands. A Perth-based motorhomes rental firm advised its customers this week to avoid the North Coast 500 after tyres were slashed on two of its vehicles, and eggs and yoghurt thrown at others.

I reckon its just the culture !! :) 

trains in this country are just wank

want to book ticket for september but due to covid quite a lot have been 'timetable unconfirmed' or unavailable to buy'

which is fair enuff but so been leaving it and checking it and finally decided to book it today

few weeks ago 94 quid

this after noon 117.20

FRO

a return halfway 22 quid a return the rest 44 - bwhahahahaha

the longer return theres a chainge and theres 4 mins between trains

apparently thats allowed and i found out its off one train and wait for the 4 minutes for it to arrive or walk 50 ft to the shared platform and wait

i thought id booked the time after that didnt do this or had a 25 mins wait time

i dont think i could cope if i commuted via train

least its not into london and out again - i def couldnt cope with that

wife has gone on for ages about her mobile not taking calls ...or ringing etc

checked and fiddled with it many times ...

today I found the "FLIP" button had been set , so if the phone is face down ...it dont  ring !!!

who did that ???

On 8/13/2021 at 8:22 PM, Rab said:

Can't comment for the whole Highlands, but there has been some shocking tourist behaviour round here...  I think there's a lot of people new to campervanning, trying to stay in places without the infrastructure they were maybe expecting.

'Campers' are literally shitting all over the place, and leaving a right old mess.  I'd never condone attacking people/property, but I've also never expected the local population to clear up after me afterwards either.  

2 hours ago, MikeR said:

wife has gone on for ages about her mobile not taking calls ...or ringing etc

checked and fiddled with it many times ...

today I found the "FLIP" button had been set , so if the phone is face down ...it dont  ring !!!

who did that ???

Clever. Moto? Gives you options, face down risks scratching screen unless in a case.

6 hours ago, hairnet said:

trains in this country are just wank

want to book ticket for september but due to covid quite a lot have been 'timetable unconfirmed' or unavailable to buy'

which is fair enuff but so been leaving it and checking it and finally decided to book it today

few weeks ago 94 quid

this after noon 117.20

FRO

a return halfway 22 quid a return the rest 44 - bwhahahahaha

the longer return theres a chainge and theres 4 mins between trains

apparently thats allowed and i found out its off one train and wait for the 4 minutes for it to arrive or walk 50 ft to the shared platform and wait

i thought id booked the time after that didnt do this or had a 25 mins wait time

i dont think i could cope if i commuted via train

least its not into london and out again - i def couldnt cope with that

Usually if I'm.splitting a ticket, I try to do it somewhere the first train stops. In case the first train is late.