The grumpy thread

outlaw118

After the joy of fitting the first bit of new wiring in the Lanchester came the misery of fitting the second part.  Done now so hopefully it will never need to be done again and equally hopefully none of the rest of it is as miserable an experience.

6 hours ago, brownnova said:

Do you know what really boils my piss… 

D7274BE9-FF47-4B7E-B415-865F072066E9.jpeg

Middle Lane hoggers. The M6 today is full of them! 

M6 jct 34 just before the old A6 slip if I'm not mistaken, that used to be an interesting slip road in a fully loaded transit trying to get above 30mph up the hill.

4 hours ago, Jazoli said:

M6 jct 34 just before the old A6 slip if I'm not mistaken, that used to be an interesting slip road in a fully loaded transit trying to get above 30mph up the hill.

I know that junction well , a fully loaded Focus 1,6 with 4 adults , 2 greyhounds and luggage would be fun , sort of 3rd and 4th for much of the way up the curve !!!

10 hours ago, brownnova said:

being a twat with sweet FA to do on a run up north one day  , I stayed behind one twonk but in the nearside lane ....

when it came to their junction , they decided to indicate , manoeuvrer , look ,   and I was in the mirror  !!!

after wobbling all over the place , they then missed the junction !!

Here it is considered normal to let young people destroy cars and behave like idiots. Several car models have been eradicated because of it. I know of great older cars that have been driven to death in quarries or just driven so hard that they are destroyed. Several of my old Volvo are victims of this and dead. So today I was both sad and really angry there has been an older man in the area with a really nice Peugeot 505 estate GTI and I have not seen it for a while until today it now has a young owner and is now completely destroyed. There is not a single body panel that is not based in, the exhaust system is gone and it is driven as it is on a rally stage so it is soon dead. And we've now lost another rare car that should have been taken care of. I can only imagine what the poor old man must be thinking. I hate people.

TVs , caravans and women ...

it appears her indoors has an issue with the telly in the van , it only has tinternet  connection via a Roku , but some one

mentioned the BBC Iplayer to her ...!!!!  , despite the fact we hammer Netflix

and have I heard about it ....  many times !

No F in way am I giving the Beeb another dose of dosh ..  I begrudge what they get now and waste

so the telly can come home , and in the true spirit of the rules , every smart phone in the house will have the apps  installed ..

sorted ..

1 hour ago, Remspoor said:

I am worried about you. You have  a box full (around 10000) latex examination gloves. 😉

Never know when you might need a pair :evil:

Box is from work.  I didn't take a full box, only a packet of about 250 and still have most of them - I used to do work at home so needed them here too.  That was three years ago though, retired now.

34 minutes ago, MikeR said:

TVs , caravans and women ...

it appears her indoors has an issue with the telly in the van , it only has tinternet  connection via a Roku , but some one

mentioned the BBC Iplayer to her ...!!!!  , despite the fact we hammer Netflix

and have I heard about it ....  many times !

No F in way am I giving the Beeb another dose of dosh ..  I begrudge what they get now and waste

so the telly can come home , and in the true spirit of the rules , every smart phone in the house will have the apps  installed ..

sorted ..

If you have a TV licence in your permanent residence then portable TVs are covered too.

20 hours ago, brownnova said:

Have you tried lapping them. 

Overtake.

Move to.lane one. 

Slow down

Let them overtake. 

Move to thier lane, 

Speed up.

Overtake, 

Move to.lane one 

Slow down

Let them overtake. 

Move to thier lane, 

Speed up.

Overtake, 

Move to.lane one

Slow down

Let them overtake. 

Move to thier lane, 

Speed up.

Overtake, 

Move to.lane one

Repeat to fade. 

8 hours ago, myglaren said:

If you have a TV licence in your permanent residence then portable TVs are covered too.

The caravan is a static. Does that make any difference? 

I think not.

We had lots of students who's portable TV's were covered by their parent's licences while they were in rented flats & houses.

NTVLRO never bothered them anyway and I very much doubt that they would concern themselves on a caravan, fixed or otherwise.

My brother has a caravan with TV in it and has never been questioned about it.

I've been binning those threatening letters for about 4 years now. Never bothered with a TV licence. I watch YouTube through the Xbox mostly. Or Netflix.

The other half was slightly panicked when I got a red one and then I was like "oh I've not seen a red one since last year" 

Got a text message from the GP - they, and A&E are struggling - they want people to use common sense, visit a pharmacy or ring 111.

I have no idea how my GP  is struggling when everything is virtual - there is more chance of nailing blancmange to the ceiling that getting an appointment at my local GP.

I really, really believe we are witnessing the beginning of the end of the NHS.

A&Es are miserable right now. 

Our main A&E had 150 people in the department last night. Ambulances queueing outside for hours. No space to unload, people queuing outside the main public entrance. Utterly mad figures. We may have seen this the odd day during a bad winter but this is consistent. Every day it's the same now for about a month. Our trust is operating one step below a major incident (like a major incident is a train crash or something like that) for about two months now, usually we're at the current level for a couple of days during the winter but not months. 

It's absolutely crazy. 111 are partly to blame, the OOH GP providers they're linked with won't see many face to face patients so they just send patients to A&E either under their own steam or worse still, send an ambulance out to see them. 

On 7/25/2021 at 9:24 PM, Dyslexic Viking said:

Here it is considered normal to let young people destroy cars and behave like idiots. Several car models have been eradicated because of it. I know of great older cars that have been driven to death in quarries or just driven so hard that they are destroyed. Several of my old Volvo are victims of this and dead. So today I was both sad and really angry there has been an older man in the area with a really nice Peugeot 505 estate GTI and I have not seen it for a while until today it now has a young owner and is now completely destroyed. There is not a single body panel that is not based in, the exhaust system is gone and it is driven as it is on a rally stage so it is soon dead. And we've now lost another rare car that should have been taken care of. I can only imagine what the poor old man must be thinking. I hate people.

I was once one of those young people. Back in the mid 70's  I could (and did) buy 40's and 50's cars and motorbikes for practically nothing. These were invariably smashed up racing around my mates farms. No one wanted them, simple as that. 

We had a few Jowett's (absolute heaps at that), E93A's and 100E's. More than a fewTriumphs and BSA's saw their end in our hands. And a nice, hand gear change Rudge too.

Just think of the cheap cars you can buy now-throw away prices most of them, and no one cares. Fast forward 30 years and they will no doubt be considered classics, just because only a few of them exist.

Am I sorry for what I did? Nope, they were end of life vehicles then, rusty, leaking fluids, collapsed interiors, knackered cross plies, etc. Too expensive to fix back then, and there are possibly only a few people, with the desire and money, that would consider restoring any of them now.

2 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

I was once one of those young people. Back in the mid 70's  I could (and did) buy 40's and 50's cars and motorbikes for practically nothing. These were invariably smashed up racing around my mates farms. No one wanted them, simple as that. 

We had a few Jowett's (absolute heaps at that), E93A's and 100E's. More than a fewTriumphs and BSA's saw their end in our hands. And a nice, hand gear change Rudge too.

Just think of the cheap cars you can buy now-throw away prices most of them, and no one cares. Fast forward 30 years and they will no doubt be considered classics, just because only a few of them exist.

Am I sorry for what I did? Nope, they were end of life vehicles then, rusty, leaking fluids, collapsed interiors, knackered cross plies, etc. Too expensive to fix back then, and there are possibly only a few people, with the desire and money, that would consider restoring any of them now.

I agree with you when it comes to cars that are currently cheap cars at the end of their lives and that no one wants. But what has happened a lot up here is that cars that are really old and rare and are in good condition get this fate. And I do not agree with that and do not like it. As this 505 these are now extremely rare and good cars that have managed to survive should be taken care of in my opinion. But if this was a Peugeot 407, I would not care at all.

11 minutes ago, MikeR said:

That england footie captain walked past me today ,

he said nowt ,

so i ignored him .... 

As it should be.  We all have jobs. His is being paid to run around a field, and entertain the crowd. Yours is to look after blind kids. Which is more valuable to society?  and which is just a hobby that got out of hand? 

3 hours ago, New POD said:

As it should be.  We all have jobs. His is being paid to run around a field, and entertain the crowd. Yours is to look after blind kids. Which is more valuable to society?  and which is just a hobby that got out of hand? 

I watched the FA Disability Cup on TV on Sunday. The blind football was amazing. Can't say I have ever thought the same about the current England captain.

Fucking local Co-op, why is it every time I buy a top voucher at the counter the person serving me is a idiot. 

Went in for £10 and they charged me £20, so i said it was wrong and was told. No it's what you asked for!! Oh and they couldn't / wouldn't refund me either. 

Bollocks to them now. Instead of walking to my local co-op, I'll drive the 3 mile to Tesco instead and they can have my business.