The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I had a lovely time coming home this evening with this knob jockey sitting right up my arse through the residential speed zone and then repeatedly flashed his high beams and blew his horn because I had the audacity to indicate, slow down and turn into my driveway.

I reviewed the situation, checked my indicator was working properly and concluded that he was simply a professional grade bell end.

1 hour ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

I had a lovely time coming home this evening with this knob jockey sitting right up my arse through the residential speed zone and then repeatedly flashed his high beams and blew his horn because I had the audacity to indicate, slow down and turn into my driveway.

I reviewed the situation, checked my indicator was working properly and concluded that he was simply a professional grade bell end.

That happened alot at my mums old house, busy road and indeed it was easier to reverse in otherwise you couldn't see out. 

I fucking loved it when someone came haring around the corner then stops right behind me, until they get the hint and reverse with me. Judicious use of leaning on the horn usually made them get the hint, and the reversing lights and hazards... 

10 hours ago, PhilA said:

20210708_065827.thumb.jpg.d5cbdea01fdd072d078cec3bb775e9dd.jpg

Supposed to be 7-14 days to collect.

21 days later and the trees have superbly killed the lawn. I guess we see how well that comes back (it should)

We had a skip delivered arranged by our kitchen fitter.  This being a 8 day job with a weekend in the middle. 

The skip hire company came after 7 days. Which included the weekend.  So they had all the packaging for all the appliances still to dispose of.  Fitter was not happy, as it was only half full. 

They took it away in thier van. I reckon it will go at the bottom of the skip for the next job on day 1. 

We live up n doon... Terraced flat.

Up are having a small window bricked up [we learn.. when large, bearded sweaty man appears in back yard - bearing bricks]

Two hours ago we get asked to close the bathroom window 'cos guy coming (with wheely platform) to cut out/brick up window.

Cue >>> Stihlsaw armageddon (notching in) and a sandstorm in red dust!!

All windows now pink tint, dglazing all pink, yard dusted like studio closeups for Lawrence of Arabia.... This equates to pink footprints into the house... if we venture out :(

Hosepipe + sprinkler best cure, I reckon..... EVERYWHERE..... Who might be doing that, you reckon??

ar$ebiskittz

5 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

Up are having a small window bricked up [we learn.. when large, bearded sweaty man appears in back yard - bearing bricks]

Two hours ago we get asked to close the bathroom window 'cos guy coming (with wheely platform) to cut out/brick up window.

All windows now pink tint, dglazing all pink, yard dusted like studio closeups for Lawrence of Arabia.... This equates to pink footprints into the house... if we venture out :(

Hosepipe + sprinkler best cure, I reckon..... EVERYWHERE..... Who might be doing that, you reckon??

ar$ebiskittz

I've been on this forum for years, and I still find it much easier to understand the Romanian bloke down the road, than any of tooSavvys posts.

15 minutes ago, Dan the van said:

I feel compelled  to grump about the price of fuel which has reached an all time high of 1.31pl for unleaded and 1.37pl for diseasel.And that's supermarket prices.Thank fuck I only do 4k a year now.Was a time I was doing 50k.

Same here , i topped out at 17k a year with a 240 !!! 

M way prices are up around 1.56pl 

13 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

ar$ebiskittz

Postscript...

Yeah, well, just been out and lightly dusted down all the windows & ledges, swept chunks of mortar off the bins !!

It is going to properly chuck it down, after 12noon..... Most of the Gobi Desert will swill away into the drain.

FFS

19 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Worst hire van I've ever driven.  Comically bad clutch, huge gap between gear ratios on the base engine, badly screwed together and uncomfortable.

The 3000rpm rev limit in 1st gear and binary (yet horrifically spongey) brakes are probably the things that are doing my head in the most.  The fact the brake pedal is so high up you can't rest your foot on the floor and operate it (you just have to hover your foot on it like the clutch) makes is near impossible to stop smoothly.

Oh, and the giant fscking touch screen that you can't properly turn off (it has an off button but wakes itself back up if you adjust the heater, someone walks in front of you at a pedestrian crossing, the stop/start activates and wants you to press the clutch so it can restart...you get the idea).

Shocking visibility on the nearside front isn't earning any favour either.

Crunchy sybcromesh on 3rd gear too...it has 4700 miles on!