The grumpy thread

outlaw118

My animal story this weekend: I shot a big fat groundhog trying to establish a warren under one of my sheds. "Bang," goes Mr. Mossberg. Buh-buh, Mrs. Groundhog. I warned you with various pieces of steel grating and pallets not to dig under my shed, but you couldn't take a hint, ya furry bint.

goodo norm

can you pop out a shoot a buffalo next

royally fucks me off when people leave their dogs off the lead and can't control them. They are always bounding up to my 7 year old daughter and she doesn't like dogs (and I guess when you are 7 most dogs are the same size as you)

All you ever hear are 'it won't hurt you, it's a softy' or ' it loves kids' I DONT FUCKING CARE - SHE DOESNT LIKE DOGS.

Couldn't agree more, Retro. When I was about 2 I was frightened by a big dog, apparently, and spent my entire childhood scared stiff of them. Just before my 16th, my dad went and bought a little puppy... how can you be scared of something cute and loving that can sleep stretched out in your lap? But yeah, owner-bullshit is worth a big grump, I'm with you all the way. YOU know your dog won't bite (you think, hah!) but I sure as hell don't and I reserve the right to kill it by any means to hand. (And these are the words of a loving dog-owner!)

When my eldest son was four years old, we were having a picnic by the river Wear near Finchale Priory when a huge hound came bounding up and snatched the sausage roll from his hand. Didn't injure him but he was terrified.

He works at HLS now, there may be a connection.

It's almost as bad as when you have a dog yourself. Our's is only a small thing but everytime we take him for a walk (on his lead I might add) various bloody big dogs off their leads come bounding over. 'It's o.k, he/she loves other dogs/it won't bite' etc.

Yeah, I'll be the judge of that thanks and if he does bite or attack our dog your's will be going home with it's knackers half way up inside it's stomach, or my size 12s wedged up it's jacksie.

Happened to me a few years ago on Boxing day.I'm out walking the dog when from across a field bounds a great dane "it's ok,it won't hurt you " shouts the owner.My dog was on a lead and being protective of it's owner starts barking at this huge dog.Next thing I know this great dane has Meg's back leg in it's mouth lifting her off the ground and shaking it's head about trying to rip my dog's leg off.I kicked the thing a few times before it let go.The owner saw me kicking it and starts having a go at me.When I asked for his name and address so I could send him the vet's bill he got really nasty.

My mate's wee dog bit me a couple of weeks ago, and I had to go to hospital as my blood doesn't clot properly. Sue (my mate) was mortified, and apologised about 100 times.

Anyway, they were at Crufts, and the dog won some prize! Talk about insult to injury! I did see the funny side, though, especially when Sue phone me to tell me.

Mrs T is often having problems whilst walking her dog down the park, One week she had some pervy old 60 year old come on to her, the other day two big Staffies ran into the back of her legs sending her flying and the worse one was some young bloke who started on her as our dog was sniffing his two dogs, he started to mouth off to her, threating her until someone came and helped her, then this lad started on the other bloke nearly hitting him.

Mrs T reported him to the park warden who knew who he was as it turned out this bloke has a problem with women and he's pushed a old lady over in the park before hurting her.

It's just a way to sell a new product to increase someone's profits by hyping up the "dangers" of germs and ignorance, and to continue selling the public water with soap added to it. Do you think people wash the taps after turning them on? No, there's no money to be made there so it's not mentioned. I mean, what's wrong with a bar of soap?

To be fair, I quite like the pump-soap as it tends to leave my hands feeling less dry... oh shit. Does that make me sound like a girl?

On the other hand, following my wife's lead as we truly attempt to become hippies, I've given up shampoo/conditioner, having decided that the world of hair products is an absolute load of old bollocks. Shampoo ruins hair, so you buy conditioner, but hair still feels a bit crap, so you try a different type, different brand etc and they keep bringing out more and more different types so you say "oooh, this new one MUST be better" only to find that no, it still ruins your hair.

DVLA wankers strike again.

The Rover I sold to Bren. Day he bought it I sent the logbook off, other than a message from Bren a few weeks later saying "Have you sent the logbook off?", and a letter from the DVLA saying someone had applied for a logbook, that was the last I heard.

Until tonight, when I got home from work and opened my mail. Letter from DVLA saying "As you have not responded to our last letter offering an out of court settlement, we are now prepared to offer you a final opportunity to pay the out of court settlement of £55.00 requested in our previous letter."

Cheeky bastards. This is the first I've heard of any letter about court proceedings. I'll see 'em in court, again.

Hello, 'friend'.

You appear to have bought an Audi. Well done. Does it help you sleep at night?

Please, fuck off from my doorstep.

Thanks! Bye!

Person: What do you think of my Audi?

Me: It's nice enough, I don't really like Audis, you know that.

Person (in massive huff): You fucking prick, why can't you be positive about something for once? It's better than anything you'll ever own.

Me: You know I don't like Audis, so why did you ask me what I thought when you knew what I'd say? It's alright, if you like it, that's the main thing, no?

Person: [Massive self important whinging shitstorm]

Me: Bye then.

[. Competition is good for the customer, BUT ALSO for the competing providers!!!

Not this side of pond, old son. For "competition", read "cartel". For "competitive pricing" read " customer service department cut to the bone". Deregulation was supposed to give people "more choice". This has happened, but instead of having one crap provider, we now have a vast ensemble of crap providers to choose from.

Deregulation was supposed to give people "more choice".

And what usually happens is that a small competitive provider gets bought by a larger rival, which either gets bought by another rival or it buys even more of the competition. Standard Oil springs to mind as a prime example of what happens when the free market is allowed free reign - and no, I'm not having a go at the US here, it's just an example of how it can work in a deregulated world. I could have written about the deregulation of the buses here (one company denies it sent out free buses to follow their rival's buses and hence poach their passengers and put them out of business).

Like a total prat I accidently parked in the 'long stay' section in a council owned car park with a 3-4 hour ticket and now have a £25 fine to pay. :oops:

challenge it. the ticket was valid, you didnt take up more than one space etc etc

Wife had the Polis at the door this morning with a warrant... for no payment of TV licence. I grudge the TV licence.. She paid. I'm unhappy. A night in the cells for her would have paid 6 months road tax on the X1/9, which I also grudge., as I've just busted a wishbone on the Astra 'cos of a pothole. Pothole is right enough, there were men down there with lights on their hard hats. barstards. Never mind, I'll have plenty of time to fix it as it looks like I'm going back down to a 3 day week, courtesy of government cutbacks. See you at the jobcentre, fuckwits- £50 quid a week on commuting fuel is denting my soon to be smaller pay packet enough as it is.

But for your health and your actual lives, no, you'd prefer no choices whatsoever? Madness. Pure madness.

Can I correct you here Norm? We do have a choice - to go to our excellent National Health Service, or to go to any number of smaller private sector firms who will do just as good a job.

What we are worried about - and have tried to make you understand our point of view - is that we don't want the choice of public or private removed, for as you say, the competition is good for the market.

So, you guys would actually prefer to only have 1 auto parts chain. 1 grocery store chain. 1 fast food vendor per cuisine type. 1 beer company. 1 liquor company. 1 tire company. WTF are you talking about? Complete nonsense.

Can't have a go at the US on monopolistic traditions, for the US led the way with anti-trust legislation, which led to the break up of Standard Oil (raised a few posts back). Mergers must be pre-approved by the SEC to ensure they are not monopolistic.

But this only covers private business. Where the US falls down is in government monopolies. We once had a variety of passenger rail carriers, transit bus carriers, and privately run airports. Then in the 30's, 40's and 50's they were bought out and or regulated out and replaced by government monopolies. Today, the reverse is inevitable.

Take MTR in Hong Kong. What was once a monopoly rail line is now competitively run by the private sector. Would you replace all the MOT private shops, like Scary's, with government monopoly shops? It's going the other way. The only way to instill savings, is to instill the profit motive. Doing more with less, and doing it more efficiently. If you have no competition, where's the pressure to be efficient?

YOU GUYS are always wanting multiple choices for service and parts for your cars, FFS! But for your health and your actual lives, no, you'd prefer no choices whatsoever? Madness. Pure madness.

We use to have a monopoly rail system. It was crap, but fairly cheap. Now it's no longer a monopoly, it's still crap, but now licensed extortion.

We used to have a monopoly gas [as in household gas] supplier. It wasn't bad. Now deregulated, and mostly owned by the bloody French. Ditto with our water supply.

We are no longer in control of any of our utilities, they are mostly owned by foreign conglomerates. Don't get me started on the whole Kraft/Cadbury fiasco.

And if you mean MOT shops as per yearly testing of cars, they should be run in such a way that the operatives have no interest in finding stuff ahem "wrong" with your car.