The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I may* have moaned about the twunts surrounding me, but it's time for another go.

Had a go at cutting the hedge between us and housing association next door. 24 years of druggies and feckless workshy cunts has created a monster. There's a photo of me as a small child with the hedge in the background and it's 4ft tall. It's now 6 ft wide, and between 6 ft and 15 ft tall. 6ft as far as I can reach, 15ft where I can't.

Ma thinks we should contact housing ass peeps and complain. This is a no win situation. Current occupant is a single young man who doesn't cut the hedge, but appears to be quiet. Which is odd as it normally gets a woman with child who just needs a chance* to stop being a druggie dropkick. I suspect the last woman with child has sublet to said quiet young man. So we could get the hedge cut, and also him replaced with another she demon from hell when they find out he's there illegally.

Spotted another new delightful mrs. builder trick today too. One of the hellspawn is running around uncontrolled in the road as usual, she opens car door and screeches at it until it gets in car, and then shuts the door. She then gets in and drives off at warp speed. No seat belt for her or hellspawn. I guess pretending you're a WAG makes you exempt from laws. 

2 hours ago, jakebullet said:

Had a go at cutting the hedge between us and housing association next door. 24 years of druggies and feckless workshy cunts has created a monster. There's a photo of me as a small child with the hedge in the background and it's 4ft tall. It's now 6 ft wide, and between 6 ft and 15 ft tall. 6ft as far as I can reach, 15ft where I can't.

Ma thinks we should contact housing ass peeps and complain. This is a no win situation. Current occupant is a single young man who doesn't cut the hedge, but appears to be quiet. Which is odd as it normally gets a woman with child who just needs a chance* to stop being a druggie dropkick. I suspect the last woman with child has sublet to said quiet young man. So we could get the hedge cut, and also him replaced with another she demon from hell when they find out he's there illegally.

If your neighbour is otherwise OK, does the size of the hedge matter that much? 

If it's causing problems, perhaps you could ask nicely if he'll let you cut the hedge from his side.  I know it's not really your job, but if it gets it done without upsetting the neighbourly equilibrium, could it be worth the effort?

2 hours ago, Mally said:

Got a txt from my Dentist 'you are overdue a checkup, please ring'.

Rang them. We have no check up vacancies on the NHS until December.

December it is then.

My dentist isn't doing check ups.  But I had a crown fall off during the first lockdown; once they finally saw me to fix that they booked me in for a check up six months later, which I've now had.  My other half is with the same dentist, but because she hasn't had any problems she still isn't being offered a check up. It's been over 18 months now for her.

6 minutes ago, adw1977 said:

If your neighbour is otherwise OK, does the size of the hedge matter that much? 

If it's causing problems, perhaps you could ask nicely if he'll let you cut the hedge from his side.  I know it's not really your job, but if it gets it done without upsetting the neighbourly equilibrium, could it be worth the effort?

It just looks a dog's dick, and is impossible to keep tamed when he can't be arsed. His side would need more industrial grade tools than I've got, I've already damaged my cutter overloading it trying to stretch over the top.

12 hours ago, Wack said:

There really are some utter twats on the road 

Found this while going through some of my dashcam videos 

30 limit with a speed camera , lights at the bottom, RH lane is right turn only 

If you can get a frame in the original source with number plate readable upload to the local plod stop a twat driver page?

1 hour ago, jakebullet said:

If you can get a frame in the original source with number plate readable upload to the local plod stop a twat driver page?

It might have been 2 years ago , I found a external drive I wanted to connect to the TV so I was seeing what was on it

2 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

This rain better let up soon... we've got about an inch of water in the garage.

Next stop for that is straight through the wall into the lounge.

tmp_1624023051599.thumb.jpg.4bf99391b70e58de35335c6f3fc2d58d.jpg

Similar here. The blob of purple is right over us, indication of a forecast of 12" in 12 hours.

Gonna get wet.

2 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Windows 11.

In July  2015 it was said that Microsoft said  Windows 10 was going to be the last version of Windows.

its due to be a shit one too isn't it? We had this discussion at work, the cycle goes: Good - Good - Shit I thought

8.1 was alright, 10 was good, 11 ought be be an absolute howler?

Windows 11 seems to largely involve pointless moving of things and making it all a bit softer. I'll be avoiding using it for as long as I can. I stayed on XP until quite a while after 7 came out and stayed on that until I started working somewhere that used 8.1. I held out on moving to 10 too because it disagreed with something on my system, though that seems to be fixed now. I've only just got used to 10 so I'm not ready to let it go yet!

2021 the year that keeps on giving, my Mum broke her hip three days after getting out of hospital, emergency 7 hour op and she has a new hip but will be ages before she is out of hospital again. At this rate I will have a personal parking space at the Derby Royal. Thankfully she still keeps her spirits up somehow.

Sun has done for the plastic fixing that attaches the hoover hose to the swimming pool suction outlet.

IMG-20210619-WA0001.thumb.jpg.0d61f77ff4255d55a03cc8324d7672a3.jpg

IMG-20210619-WA0004.thumb.jpg.73cf589d90eaa7b2beaa031b03d92623.jpg

Been to at least a dozen pool shops, and no one has them.

One shop assistant told me that he hadn't seen one this size for about 10 years. Bollocks!

On 6/18/2021 at 8:13 PM, reb said:

Windows 11 seems to largely involve pointless moving of things and making it all a bit softer. I'll be avoiding using it for as long as I can. I stayed on XP until quite a while after 7 came out and stayed on that until I started working somewhere that used 8.1. I held out on moving to 10 too because it disagreed with something on my system, though that seems to be fixed now. I've only just got used to 10 so I'm not ready to let it go yet!

I hate to admit it I am still using Windows shit seven. 3 out of four PCs/laptops in this household  are still working on Seven.