The grumpy thread

outlaw118

22 hours ago, eifion said:

What a moth-erfucker. (sorry)

well .... gossip ...

the cleaning staff liked what I did and the photo of the moth ... but the other chap ..  the news has spread around the site

he cant walk into a room with out comments of " moth killer "   , its driving him mad ..

he was even overheard telling some one   " I only killed this moth !!  "

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

well .... gossip ...

the cleaning staff liked what I did and the photo of the moth ... but the other chap ..  the news has spread around the site

he cant walk into a room with out comments of " moth killer "   , its driving him mad ..

he was even overheard telling some one   " I only killed this moth !!  "

To date no moths are known to be killers - unlike for example great white sharks. 

On 6/10/2021 at 8:19 AM, Wack said:

Unfortunately it doesn't end with an explosion and s JCB scraping up the remains 

Burnley,Blackburn,Bolton,Bradford, take your pick , it'll be one of those 

What a cunt 

he's a fanny for recording while driving, but I don't think he goes over about 40mph in that whole video? It's hardly a hanging offence, I've done a lot worse several times this week in a van!

10 hours ago, cobblers said:

he's a fanny for recording while driving, but I don't think he goes over about 40mph in that whole video? It's hardly a hanging offence, I've done a lot worse several times this week in a van!

Teenage girl seriously injured and a lad killed at a car meet last week in Dorset by some cunt who thought he could handle a powerful car 

So this happened yesterday,came out of a local supermarket to find bits of plastic  scattered on the ground

The Bulgarian guy who hit it was waiting to apologise,and wanted to sort it out as easily as possible to his credit. 

We ended up with a decent cash settlement, and a couple of bottles of his own brewed rakia that were "lying around his car"

received_3620174468206881.jpeg

17 minutes ago, andy18s said:

So this happened yesterday,came out of a local supermarket to find bits of plastic  scattered on the ground

The Bulgarian guy who hit it was waiting to apologise,and wanted to sort it out as easily as possible to his credit. 

We ended up with a decent cash settlement, and a couple of bottles of his own brewed rakia that were "lying around his car"

Possibly why he couldn't see your car. 

1 hour ago, andy18s said:

I wish the Insurance system worked like this in the U.K. 

4 hours ago, Wack said:

Teenage girl seriously injured and a lad killed at a car meet last week in Dorset by some cunt who thought he could handle a powerful car 

Big problem in a lot of these places are the Asian tradition of hiring a Supercar for a wedding or whatever, someone used to driving an Audi A4 or whatever is then thrust inti the seat of something with 600bhp and very unforgiving. A guy I met once used to rent them out, he rented out a Bentley, came back with the tyres fucked, quick look on Faceache found footage of the said Bentley doing a burnout in a car park. I don’t know if his set up was legitimate but he used to take some very heavy security as a deposit for any cars hired, I’m talking several grand down or your house. 

1 hour ago, andy18s said:

Accidents happen, must have been a decent bloke to wait for you to return, not very often that happens.

6 hours ago, cort16 said:

A giant alien seagull/pterodactyl did a toxic shit on the bonnet of my BMW. It must have been there 12 hours and it's meted the lacquer.

I've tried the cutting compound but it didn't even touch it.

Having seen what the seagulls have been eating off the floor in Rhyl today I am not surprised - chip barms and chicken nuggets. Their shit must be like the acid in alien.

I had a uk 'accident' solved in a similar fashion... 

In our old flat we parked in a  hotel/communal car park. Woke up one Sunday morning to a similar but with no smashed plastic smack on the back corner of the Meriva. 

Stormed into the hotel and ranted at the porter who said to leave it with him and he'll call me. 

5 hours later the phone rang and he offered £150 cash, which after discussion with Amy we agreed on. Went to collect it the next day and oddly* we walked out 2 hours later quite drunk, and with £150... The few staff there were very apologetic 

We think a taxi driver clipped it hence why it was all sorted so amicably and in cash. I machine polished 80% out then sharpied the cracked paint black and it looked nice for the time it took for Amy to back into a concrete bollard a few weeks later which biffed the centre... We stopped caring after that 

Chancers knocking your door asking about a car on your drive is annoying, 

BUT the (possibly drunk!) knuckle dragger who just woke my kids up at 10pm and then just stood there apologising for disturbing me is the biggest prick so far. 

If you are thinking of knocking someone's door about a car on their driveway, whether it is rare, or looks abandoned, or you always wanted or your dad had one...... 

Whatever it is, just don't. 

A politely worded letter with a firm cash offer maybe acceptable but otherwise just fuck off. 

8 hours ago, Timewaster said:

Chancers knocking your door asking about a car on your drive is annoying, 

BUT the (possibly drunk!) knuckle dragger who just woke my kids up at 10pm and then just stood there apologising for disturbing me is the biggest prick so far. 

If you are thinking of knocking someone's door about a car on their driveway, whether it is rare, or looks abandoned, or you always wanted or your dad had one...... 

Whatever it is, just don't. 

A politely worded letter with a firm cash offer maybe acceptable but otherwise just fuck off. 

Let me guess. An old Ford of some description?

15 minutes ago, sierraman said:

No they don’t usually knock with an old Ford, it usually disappears in the night on the back of a beavertail by some men with necks like birthday cakes. 

glad mine lives down a  overlooked long driveway , with a narrow gated entrance , around a corner , in a high fenced car park covered by cctv ..

at home the wife is a light sleeper ...

Big storm rolled in. 

20210613_201209.thumb.jpg.57179bf072928a42b1b07baba1633295.jpg

The sky was quite impressive. 

20210613_203106.thumb.jpg.f42aef531b661c8e64d886c963aecfa0.jpg

Then my central air cut out- damn drain blocked up, it overflowed into the catch pan and the float tripped the system off.

Just spent the last couple hours flushing it through, bloody pipework. Need to put some drain clearer down it tomorrow, that should remedy the problem. Also need to get the aircon guys in because I can hear the gas load isn't enough, it was also struggling to keep up today.

Phil

On 07/04/2021 at 22:49, New POD said:

Our GP is the same.  With 7 days to spare I send off my request for a repeat prescription for my heart tablets. And hear nothing.  On the 6th day I phone the pharmacist. And no. They don't have my prescription yet. 

It takes an hour to get through to the GP reception, who tells me, I need to email my prescription request. Yes. That's right, so why hasn t it been done? After trying to bullshit me, she eventually admits they may have had some computer issues. Well, okay but i need these tablets before tomorrow, which happened to be good Friday.  

So I get the promise that they'll  sort it today. 

Can you let me know when it's done? Maybe a text? No.

Luckily the pharmacist is much more helpful. We will ring you as soon as it's ready.  

When I get the prescription, it turns out they have only given me 2 weeks because the GP has decided I need a blood test and a review of the doses.  It takes me an hour On the phone to get this information. I point out that I do actually have a blood test booked, but i will have run out of tablets before they get the results, so what are you going to do about that? Well apparently I should request more tablets when I've had my blood test.  Okay so another hour on the phone, to get them to.make it a priority.

Wankers. 

Exactly a week ago. I requested via email, my meds, for my heart. Seven days. Radio silence.  

Is this because the Pharmacy have the prescription and they send it off for a robot to full fill the order in a warehouse miles away.

Or because the GP hasn't done it yet.

Or because the GP has decided that I'm ordering them too early, which i did because I'm likely to be away all next week, so really need them this week (which bi explained in my request) 

Or because the Pharmacy have them ready.  But haven't texted me, because you know, random quality of staff.