The grumpy thread

outlaw118

4 hours ago, New POD said:

I feel your pain. 

The mistake you made... not saying "I'll use my own bin."

You'll learn. 

Note: lots of my family and extended family are similarly afflicted and it's painful. Mentally. 

The 'rules' also appear to change randomly and in a not logical way. I'm also conflicted as to how much I should go with it to reduce her anxiety V I'm reinforcing the OCD and making it worse.

4 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

The 'rules' also appear to change randomly and in a not logical way. I'm also conflicted as to how much I should go with it to reduce her anxiety V I'm reinforcing the OCD and making it worse.

And I feel your pain, again.  

how you getthrough to a real human on a Nat West phone line - seriously tiresome if you aren't on digital banking.

"It is a bit of a challenge  but basically you have just got to hang on the phone when it is asking for digital ID. After about 3 goes of you saying nothing it gives up and puts you through to person". 

No listen to a long message and select a number

Fortunately a Trustee of the Charity I Clerk for managed to do the above and get through when I had given up in frustration, all this just to order a new cheque book.  We are still in the era of pen, paper and two physical signatures which fits with out 1717 Almshouse.

the front of our house currently looks like this

20210505_102403.thumb.jpg.dc1c45de57a8f8a4151b2ab65ea382cf.jpg

so that i can get up to the eaves, give them a good paint and sort the wonky guttering.

it was brilliant sunshine this morning.

i get up there for a look about and to make a start........

and now its fuckin' TIPPING down with rain.

AND its bloody TERRIFYING up there.

FFS!! i will wait and send Kerry up there instead, i think.

3 hours ago, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

Amazon single boxed windscreen wiper packaging  .  Dog is not amused, nor am i

20210506_111630.thumb.jpg.4235bfadb83ae16a75cf35ac250f1d92.jpg

20210506_111412.thumb.jpg.6c4f70217fb18996f713296738421802.jpg

I feel done , my 2 bosch wipers came in the wiper boxs with some extra tape around them ... They do work nice .

7 hours ago, New POD said:

I feel your pain. 

The mistake you made... not saying "I'll use my own bin."

You'll learn. 

Note: lots of my family and extended family are similarly afflicted and it's painful. Mentally. 

I am about to jump in a lake over it .......

I cant levitate , i am dirty and not allowed to touch the new tin box on wheels .........

1 hour ago, MarvinsMom said:

the front of our house currently looks like this

20210505_102403.thumb.jpg.dc1c45de57a8f8a4151b2ab65ea382cf.jpg

so that i can get up to the eaves, give them a good paint and sort the wonky guttering.

it was brilliant sunshine this morning.

i get up there for a look about and to make a start........

and now its fuckin' TIPPING down with rain.

AND its bloody TERRIFYING up there.

FFS!! i will wait and send Kerry up there instead, i think.

I paid someone yesterday to replace 2 steel beams. 

20210505_113151.jpg

20210505_113248.jpg

Insurance renewal for the Focus came through a couple of weeks ago, I totally forgot to act on it and try to cut a bit extra off.
Price was due to come down anyway, good stuff.

Rang the insurers just now to renew, and make a couple of changes to the policy (new job, also now 2 cars at address), "Well sir, those factors are rateable changes so that will increase your premium."

Bollocks.

That puts me straight back to what I paid last year, I thought insurance was meant to get cheaper as you get older... Ffs.

Now I seem to be living in an expensive area for insurance (great 🙄) and have an expensive job for insurance (really great 🙄🙄). Insurance is a total fucking scam at the best of times, my car is valued at £245 yet they want to charge me over £700 if I stack it? No, get bent. I barely use the sodding thing except scooting to work and back. FML.

19 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Insurance renewal for the Focus came through a couple of weeks ago, I totally forgot to act on it and try to cut a bit extra off.
Price was due to come down anyway, good stuff.

Rang the insurers just now to renew, and make a couple of changes to the policy (new job, also now 2 cars at address), "Well sir, those factors are rateable changes so that will increase your premium."

Bollocks.

That puts me straight back to what I paid last year, I thought insurance was meant to get cheaper as you get older... Ffs.

Now I seem to be living in an expensive area for insurance (great 🙄) and have an expensive job for insurance (really great 🙄🙄). Insurance is a total fucking scam at the best of times, my car is valued at £245 yet they want to charge me over £700 if I stack it? No, get bent. I barely use the sodding thing except scooting to work and back. FML.

Have you looked to see if others are cheaper via online sites? You might still be in cooling-off window with current renewal, depends on timings. Not sure you're quite old enuff for age-related decreases as yet.

2 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Have you looked to see if others are cheaper via online sites? You might still be in cooling-off window with current renewal, depends on timings. Not sure you're quite old enuff for age-related decreases as yet.

Yeah, couldn't get any cheaper elsewhere. Direct Line have always been cheapest for me as my whole family have all house+car insurance with them so we haggle them down a lot. My insurance has come down a few hundred quid every year so far, £1550 the first year (ouch), £1050 the second year (still ouch), £750 the third year, and pretty much the same again this year.

Toyota Aygos are fun, and group 1 insurance (iirc). Might get one purely to spite insurance companies. 😤

6 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Yeah, couldn't get any cheaper elsewhere. Direct Line have always been cheapest for me as my whole family have all house+car insurance with them so we haggle them down a lot. My insurance has come down a few hundred quid every year so far, £1550 the first year (ouch), £1050 the second year (still ouch), £750 the third year, and pretty much the same again this year.

Toyota Aygos are fun, and group 1 insurance (iirc). Might get one purely to spite insurance companies. 😤

Its times like these where I'm slightly dreading the Micra's renewal in October. I was looking at a 5-door Aygo as a second car a few months ago, and inurance still was way too near to £2000 than I'd have liked. With all costs accounted for owning an Aygo was ~£50 cheaper than a classic... either way, I was going to get stung big time by the insurers.

As a winter car, though, I'd quite like an Aygo...

12 minutes ago, Wack said:

Anybody else think this is a disaster waiting to happen 

I keep seeing this ad on Facebook , doesn't look safe to me Screenshot_20210506-194531_Facebook.thumb.jpg.3492944a83ce1ee27697376c7e7f3d9f.jpg

I've seen those in a few different places and I'm still not at all sure what it's supposed to do.

1 hour ago, Crackers said:

Can you name your job description differently?

eg I could be analytical chemist, chief analyst or company director ( sadly non make a difference as all are classed as professional in a permanent role).

17 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Can you name your job description differently?

eg I could be analytical chemist, chief analyst or company director ( sadly non make a difference as all are classed as professional in a permanent role).

Yes, I've gone for the cheapest one I could find that isn't fraudulent. 

Note: never, EVER, describe yourself as an apprentice. Factory worker (which I am, as I carry out my work in a factory) saves a heck of a chunk of cash. 

I keep seeing this ad on Facebook , doesn't look safe to me Screenshot_20210506-194531_Facebook.thumb.jpg.3492944a83ce1ee27697376c7e7f3d9f.jpg

Definitely, but no more so than the circular blades that can be fitted to brushcutters. Still somewhat haunted by the memory of a neighbour stumbling and pirouetting in front of me with a hired 'cutter at full chat. I soon found an excuse to not continue helping him with his garden clearing.

22 minutes ago, chodweaver said:
2 hours ago, Wack said:

Definitely, but no more so than the circular blades that can be fitted to brushcutters. Still somewhat haunted by the memory of a neighbour stumbling and pirouetting in front of me with a hired 'cutter at full chat. I soon found an excuse to not continue helping him with his garden clearing.

I had a Honda petrol with a bladed brush cutter but it still had a guard on the back to protect the operator 

I was parked at a gregg's the next junction along so ate sandwich while they fixed it :D

ironically they used a tyre that was ready for another of our vehicles :D wondered why they kept asking me the reg ( they watched me drive up)