The grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, dozeydustman said:

I wanted to fix the exhaust mounts on the Suzuki today. Wife had other ideas. So did the work duty phone (it shouldn’t be ringing at all between 9am and 5pm as civic centre is open). Go shopping, as we had an over exuberant week last week (wife’s birthday) we need to be thrifty, but doesn’t seem to stop the fair sex spending £30-40 on ‘essential’ clothing (yet another work Blouse).

Also FiL came round.

A0ED0F1C-C5E3-471E-BCB6-FB9D96447152.png.050868d949d78f1c39c6e1f5a5b4fd7b.png

Wouldn’t normally bother me but he came round yesterday, did nothing, and did the same today.

and stepdaughter has racked up one great big fucking phone bill streaming YT, TikTok and god knows what while out and about and didn’t mention she’d hit her data limit (how she exceeded 20Gb a month I have no idea at all; almost double this month) so we’ve got to take money out the mortgage deposit until middle of May

Also I am fed up having to wear a poxy mask and gloves when I go in the shops. Hand sanitiser has dried the absolute fuck out of my hands and agravating my eczema; they’re pitted & cracked and red raw in places and no amount of diprobase is helping. Doesn’t help when some miserable old biddy standing guard in the doorway of the charity shop we went in having a go at me for not sterilising my disposable gloves, and protecting my skin from even more damage.

Also I hate Chichester. Can’t wait to move away from here.

11 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

and stepdaughter has racked up one great big fucking phone bill streaming YT, TikTok and god knows what while out and about and didn’t mention she’d hit her data limit (how she exceeded 20Gb a month I have no idea at all; almost double this month) so we’ve got to take money out the mortgage deposit until middle of May

Get her a "Smarty" monthly rolling contract for £20/month.  Unlimited everything.  I've pulled 700+GB in a month, no additional charges.  Makes budgeting very easy indeed.  It works on the Three network and is currently limited to 3G and 4G at the moment, but given I can get faster download on 3G than I can on some domestic broadband, I don't think that's an issue.

You also get a free "gift" sim that you can give to someone else, which gets you a free month and the next person a free month too.

10 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

Hand sanitiser has dried the absolute fuck out of my hands and agravating my eczema; they’re pitted & cracked and red raw in places and no amount of diprobase is helping.

Whilst the face mask is a requirement, sanitising isn't.  Ignore the old biddy.

5 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

WTF do you do to use 700gb in a month 🙈🙉🙊

Everything.

Teams meetings for work.  Watching youtube/netflix/streaming services.  Digital Radio on most of the time,  General browsing, Zoom meetings on Tuesdays here, etc.etc.  20Gb in a day isn't hard to do at all.  I don't do 700GB every month, that was simply an example, but 400GB in a month is pretty easy.

I have also accidently left my tethered computer streaming all night before now, which does somewhat use data up.  I think I jumped up about 50GB that night alone.

2 hours ago, Talbot said:

Most of the south coast east of Portsmouth can get in the sea quite frankly.

That's something I can get behind! I live too close to them. Only exception for me would be Beachy Head.

Hey look, the roof washing idiots are back again.

IMG_20210427_124804.thumb.jpg.e03084ab5c2f481489b0c6fb91d6eff8.jpg

If they knock on our door asking if they can do our roof (bearing in mind our house is not a bungalow aside from anything else) I am going to grab their bloody pressure washer and blast them in the sodding face with it.

I said no the first time.  And the second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth times.  You'd think they would get the message eventually.  Sod off already!

5 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Which, ironically, IS slowly getting in the sea. Not helped by idiots posing right on the cliff edge for selfies.

Indeed it is. I wonder how close the next house on that terrace is from the edge now. Getting shorter, house by house. It's been nearly a year since I've visited.

5 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

How does the idea of Worthing grab you? Or Bognor Regis?

Neither appeal to me. The problem with Chi is not the town itself, but the self important a-holes who live in it. Some are so snobbish they make Margo Leadbetter seem like Waynetta Slob.

On 4/14/2021 at 4:42 PM, Wack said:

This is really starting to piss me off now 

I live in a cul de sac of five houses , we're lucky because you can get at least 3 cars on every drive on the whole estate 

This is the road that leads to the 5 houses , not a car in sight , it's wide enough that you don't need to park on the kerb 

20210414_152243.thumb.jpg.e9a3b9663d5066e49d5444fd5c4728de.jpg

This is the access road to the cul de sac , none of the owners of these cars live here they all live on the empty road at the bottom 

20210414_152259.thumb.jpg.808940262422d2e0ff7fa16143d1df77.jpg

There's a red BMW in front of the Seat that was parked there for 3 months while the owner was out of the country , he's back now but has claimed the spot 

We get cocks from other roads parking down ours. More specifically cocks who bring work vehicles home that can't park them on their own drives. So they clutter our street up with them.

Rather than saying "Sorry Boss, I've got nowhere to park it"

So we're treated to a street littered with long wheelbase Sprinters and dinged up Transits.

If they could park them without causing an inconvenience it perhaps would be less of a problem.

7 minutes ago, iainrcz said:

We get cocks from other roads parking down ours. More specifically cocks who bring work vehicles home that can't park them on their own drives. So they clutter our street up with them.

Rather than saying "Sorry Boss, I've got nowhere to park it"

So we're treated to a street littered with long wheelbase Sprinters and dinged up Transits.

If they could park them without causing an inconvenience it perhaps would be less of a problem.

Something that used to affect my street. We had a neighbour who either ran or was employed by a private hire firm, and he would regularly bring home Merc long wheelbase minibuses or S-class limos - a source of much discontent for almost everyone else.

There was another fella who, until recently, would squeeze his Transit van in anywhere he could get a space. It would only move if he had a job so, over the last year, we got used to seeing it gathering dust....

5 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Hey look, the roof washing idiots are back again.

IMG_20210427_124804.thumb.jpg.e03084ab5c2f481489b0c6fb91d6eff8.jpg

If they knock on our door asking if they can do our roof (bearing in mind our house is not a bungalow aside from anything else) I am going to grab their bloody pressure washer and blast them in the sodding face with it.

I said no the first time.  And the second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth times.  You'd think they would get the message eventually.  Sod off already!

Some years  ago I considered buying an ex raf  house, one of many  that a developer had updated, until someone pointed out that the roof had been water blasted, as they all had, and that it compltely cocked up the glazed surface of the tiles.

As an aside, if the operator  falls from the roof the house owner could possibly be liable. Roof tile jetting is  the new version of selling lucky heather.

8 hours ago, Talbot said:

Get her a "Smarty" monthly rolling contract for £20/month.  Unlimited everything.  I've pulled 700+GB in a month, no additional charges.  Makes budgeting very easy indeed.  It works on the Three network and is currently limited to 3G and 4G at the moment, but given I can get faster download on 3G than I can on some domestic broadband, I don't think that's an issue.

You also get a free "gift" sim that you can give to someone else, which gets you a free month and the next person a free month too.

I shall look into that; I’m not sure how much is left on her contract. She has offered to pay us the money back when she gets paid or her student loan is in.

8 hours ago, Talbot said:

Whilst the face mask is a requirement, sanitising isn't.  Ignore the old biddy.

Fully aware of that, the old biddies in the charity shops here have eyes like hawks and nag nearly everyone coming in to use hand sanitiser. I just show then the state of my hands then put gloves on. It pisses them right off.

9 minutes ago, Chas4545 said:

Some years  ago I considered buying an ex raf  house, one of many  that a developer had updated, until someone pointed out that the roof had been water blasted, as they all had, and that it compltely cocked up the glazed surface of the tiles.

Remember the fad for having your house's brickwork sandblasted about forty years ago?

1 hour ago, Chas4545 said:

As an aside, if the operator  falls from the roof the house owner could possibly be liable. Roof tile jetting is  the new version of selling lucky heather.

The best way to clean roofs is soft washing, which is usually done from the floor using a very long lance using chemicals but a low pressure. 

I hate power washing as often all it does is redistribute the dirt in a very thin layer over the surrounding area, and has a huge potential for damaging things.

3 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

I shall look into that; I’m not sure how much is left on her contract. She has offered to pay us the money back when she gets paid or her student loan is in.

I've just signed up for one of their unlimited SIMs to use in a 4g router. As we are all on Smarty for phones I get an extra 10% off signing up via the "group plan".

They often have a sale on. I missed the unlimited SIM on sale at £16 a few weeks ago - I would have got 10% off on that price too.

If you need to check coverage etc Smarty use Three as their network.

9 hours ago, auntiemaryscanary said:

They often have a sale on. I missed the unlimited SIM on sale at £16 a few weeks ago

They do.  My unlimited SIM is actually £15/month, which is amazing, as the very first mobile phone contract I ever had was £15.50 a month back in 1999.  That was Orange Everyday 50, and although a good contract at the time, had sod all by modern standards.