The grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 hours ago, 2cvspecial said:

a colleague noticed i had back pain had walking stick and called she me "old  man " , what a Cheeky S*D not nice and P***ed off rest of the day was a "great (NOT)" day swore at shouted at by another colleague NOT acceptable at all complaints done and sorted hopefully they will be in  trouble  and taken to  a https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/small-claims/ small claims court  is it bullying ? any advice and opinion appreciated

There are several stages of intervention that would need to have failed to get anywhere near a court.

It is down to the company to sort out through either local management or HR.

Unless you ARE especially old, I don't think that is a protected characteristic, so not much leverage there.

Have you tried inviting them to politely fornicate elsewhere?

some bearded  twat in a swedish brick estate complete with dog cage in the back tried to block me out today ,

all I wanted to do was filter in , but no , 6 foot of bonnet was rammed up the car in front to stop me getting in .

fine , looked  at him , he saw me , called him a twat and to get a life , then overtook the car in front of him and pulled in with out breaking a sweat ..

well talk about red flag to a bull , he spent the next 7 miles trying to catch me ......

and failed :-)

1 hour ago, sdkrc said:

Not sure why that would go to a small claims court?

I think people think that you can just sue and get money for anything. 

For small claims, you'll need to demonstrate a financial disadvantage from the comments. For any kind of legal recourse you'll need to demonstrate negligence. I can't see it working in this case but I'm no expert 

4 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Was that down by your home? I know someone hopefully high up enough to know the procedure, was it a proper fully liveried Sky van or an agent subbie small sign type van? 

Was in central Horsham, and was a liveried sky Transit.  Unfortunately happened so quickly I didn't get the registration.  I was more shocked that a liveried sky van was being driven in such a manner.

4 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Was in central Horsham, and was a liveried sky Transit.  Unfortunately happened so quickly I didn't get the registration.  I was more shocked that a liveried sky van was being driven in such a manner.

Peoples driving at the moment is appalling. None of them would pass the driving test if they did the same thing  during one.

9 minutes ago, Talbot said:

It's a general rule down where I live to avoid contact with any Sky branded vehicle- more likely than not they're being driven by arseholes who think safety second. An experience I had was when on the Uckfield bypass, I was slowing for the roundabout 100 yards ahead of me, and the road was single carriageway with no area to pass. A fully liveried Sky van somehow overtook me as I approached the stop line and forced itself around the roundabout. I wonder if they have trackers in their vehicles at all with the way I've seen most of them drive.

Despite the massive repair estimate, I was feeling quite positive about the Rover earlier. 

Unfortunately I then made the mistake of talking a particular person whose ability to ruin my mood in the face of the slightest inconvenience is unparalleled. 

Now hit another massive slump in motivation, feel absolutely knackered and generally pissed off. Ffs.

15 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Unfortunately I then made the mistake of talking a particular person whose ability to ruin my mood in the face of the slightest inconvenience is unparalleled...

Some people light up a room as they enter it; others, as they leave...

I mistakenly ordered the wrong front arm bushes for Harris the Yaris and wanted to get the correct ones before the weekend, so I decided to phone the Toyota parts counter who informed me that they wouldn't sell the bushes separately from the arm and that they wanted €230 per side! I shelled out for an express courier.

7 hours ago, chaseracer said:

Some people light up a room as they enter it; others, as they leave...

According to my wife, the later describes me.  

No need for details, but my grump involves being screamed at. And the fact that I seem unwittingly to have made my wife a very sad and angry and lonely person, whilst trying to do the exact opposite. 

It's part of the pattern. And nobody needs to.tell me my marriage is fucked and I should call it a day. 

6 hours ago, New POD said:

No need for details, but my grump involves being screamed at. And the fact that I seem unwittingly to have made my wife a very sad and angry and lonely person, whilst trying to do the exact opposite. 

It's part of the pattern. And nobody needs to.tell me my marriage is fucked and I should call it a day. 

I am sorry for you. When you can do no more, well, you need to think of yourself.

19 hours ago, 2cvspecial said:

is it bullying ? any advice and opinion appreciated

Bullying has a repeated and targeted element to it, if it’s a one off then no, it’s not. But if the same person has targeted you repeatedly then it could be. However, at this stage either way it quite clearly it needs managing by your organisation. 

Ebay have decided to re-jig their selling pages again, and so far, I hate it.

Excuse me for the following, may get confusing... a while ago I was happily using what I will call Version 1.

Not long ago, Version 2 popped it's head up, but the option to return to Version One was still there.

Now, we've got version three "Seller Overview" and you can't even get back to version two.

Twats.

3 hours ago, brownnova said:

Bullying has a repeated and targeted element to it, if it’s a one off then no, it’s not. But if the same person has targeted you repeatedly then it could be. However, at this stage either way it quite clearly it needs managing by your organisation. 

targeted , teaching history about terrorism yes  TERRORISM ! colleague does it again while in corridor , calls me a terrorist as well even worse than yesterday , bleeding unacceptable ! and complaints are now into place and is to be sorted and sanction in place for the bullying will be happening as well

My phone is about 4 years old, running on Android 7. Today I found out that my bank's mobile app no longer works with Android 7, as Google have stopped supporting it even though it was the latest version up to August 2017.

Apparently it's true that Google's motto has changed.

It used to be "Don't be Evil", but has now changed to "Don't be Evil- That's our Job".

Taken tomorrow off work. Was meant to be going on a jolly to Scarborough but my mates wife is in hospital so its postponed. 

So I've decided to go for a mountain bike ride round Gisburn. Really looking forward to it. But guess what, I'm unable to move more than a few feet away from the toilet, FFS. 

If I do go I'm packing some Andrex. 

3 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

Taken tomorrow off work. Was meant to be going on a jolly to Scarborough but my mates wife is in hospital so its postponed. 

So I've decided to go for a mountain bike ride round Gisburn. Really looking forward to it. But guess what, I'm unable to move more than a few feet away from the toilet, FFS. 

If I do go I'm packing some Andrex. 

At least we'll be able to answer the age old question of whether a Hillman Imp shits in the woods....

Hope you have a good ride tomorrow. Weather is cracking for it.

Well bollocks.

I moved three weeks ago to be away from an absolutely toxic situation and to be nearer work.  Both of those have worked out.  However, we're now in the middle of the second lengthy power cut in those three weeks.

On balance, here is still better by a country mile, but it's bloody annoying when the entire building is electric only, meaning I can't even have dinner now.

This post brought to you by the remaining power in my phone, some wifi hotspot and the remaining power in a laptop battery.

1 hour ago, artdjones said:

My phone is about 4 years old, running on Android 7. Today I found out that my bank's mobile app no longer works with Android 7, as Google have stopped supporting it even though it was the latest version up to August 2017.

Apparently it's true that Google's motto has changed.

It used to be "Don't be Evil", but has now changed to "Don't be Evil- That's our Job".

Or you can look at it as your bank wanting to be absolutely sure that you're using an up-to-date OS that has relevant security in place before you transmit sensitive information over the Interwebz.

My bank has recently done the same, and I can no longer use their app on my phone.  I can, however, still use the website.  As I understand it, that's because it can use HTTPS protocol, which isn't necessarily available to the app.

Also, latest version of August 2017 is now 4 years out of date, which is a million years in internet security terms.

4 minutes ago, artdjones said:

Great, so we can all spend €3-400 or more on a phone every 3 years. Would it be impossible for Google to upgrade security on older Android versions?

It's not Google, it's the manufacturer not providing updates.

Android isn't just Google.  Android is the core operating system that's owned by Google but each manufacturer puts a whole load of shite on top (for some reason) and it's that that is causing the issue here as the manufacturer hasn't provided an update.

Google are shits but in this case, they're not the shits you should be directing this to.  Android is like the Wild West when it comes to OS updates...

On a similar tech-related note, we're rolling out MFA at work and the digital literacy of our staff is absolutely shocking.  Repeated calls all day about it not working or that they can't set it up, despite the fact that we literally sent them a video of how to do it and an FAQ along with basic troubleshooting.

'Oh, my email isn't working on my phone any more.  Do you know anyth...'

'Yes.  Did you read the email that was sent to you warning you that your email might not work on your phone after we've enabled this and to simply remove the account and re-add it?'

'Yes, I read the email.  I must have missed that.'

Except it's in fucking bold.  On a bullet point.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to be too rude to them or I'll get told off - but I have a long, passive-aggressive email that my boss loves me to use when staff don't want to set it up that tells them why we are and that they have no fucking choice in the matter.  So I get to send that a couple of times a day at least...

17 hours ago, New POD said:

It is not you that has made your wife sad, angry and lonely. She could have done this herself. She is the bully.