The grumpy thread

outlaw118

To the driver of the Sky van, who appeared around a corner at speed while I was already crossing a road, who then drove at me, missed me by very little and then shouted out of his window for me to "get a fucking move on, got things to do".

You can go fuck yourself.

Seriously.  Just piss off and die.

You arrogant, obnoxious, rude waste of blood and organs.

Never mind a dashcam, I think I need a "walking along" cam.  The amount of utter cuntishness you witness when on foot is astonishing.

14 minutes ago, Talbot said:

To the driver of the Sky van, who appeared around a corner at speed while I was already crossing a road, who then drove at me, missed me by very little and then shouted out of his window for me to "get a fucking move on, got things to do".

Never mind a dashcam, I think I need a "walking along" cam.  The amount of utter cuntishness you witness when on foot is astonishing.

Yep.  I'm out for a good few miles every day walking the dogs and have been very seriously considering buying a body cam because of the nonsense that I see.

The arseholes who think the redways are their own personal dirt bike highways are also high on the list.  A favourite here as well is stopping on quiet 20mph residential streets, waving you to cross, then driving at you (or the dogs).  Have had that happen a bunch of times so now just refuse to move if someone waves me across.  Which has also earned me an earful of abuse several times.

3 minutes ago, inconsistant said:

Call Sky and report the time/place. I’m assuming their vans will have trackers so they’ll know which employee it was. 

I tried calling sky.  If you don't have an account with them, they absolutely refuse to talk to you about anything.

2 hours ago, Talbot said:

Was that down by your home? I know someone hopefully high up enough to know the procedure, was it a proper fully liveried Sky van or an agent subbie small sign type van? 

a colleague noticed i had back pain had walking stick and called she me "old  man " , what a Cheeky S*D not nice and P***ed off rest of the day was a "great (NOT)" day swore at shouted at by another colleague NOT acceptable at all complaints done and sorted hopefully they will be in  trouble  and taken to  a https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/small-claims/ small claims court  is it bullying ? any advice and opinion appreciated

2 hours ago, 2cvspecial said:

a colleague noticed i had back pain had walking stick and called she me "old  man " , what a Cheeky S*D not nice and P***ed off rest of the day was a "great (NOT)" day swore at shouted at by another colleague NOT acceptable at all complaints done and sorted hopefully they will be in  trouble  and taken to  a https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/small-claims/ small claims court  is it bullying ? any advice and opinion appreciated

There are several stages of intervention that would need to have failed to get anywhere near a court.

It is down to the company to sort out through either local management or HR.

Unless you ARE especially old, I don't think that is a protected characteristic, so not much leverage there.

Have you tried inviting them to politely fornicate elsewhere?

some bearded  twat in a swedish brick estate complete with dog cage in the back tried to block me out today ,

all I wanted to do was filter in , but no , 6 foot of bonnet was rammed up the car in front to stop me getting in .

fine , looked  at him , he saw me , called him a twat and to get a life , then overtook the car in front of him and pulled in with out breaking a sweat ..

well talk about red flag to a bull , he spent the next 7 miles trying to catch me ......

and failed :-)

1 hour ago, sdkrc said:

Not sure why that would go to a small claims court?

I think people think that you can just sue and get money for anything. 

For small claims, you'll need to demonstrate a financial disadvantage from the comments. For any kind of legal recourse you'll need to demonstrate negligence. I can't see it working in this case but I'm no expert