The grumpy thread

outlaw118

He didn’t answer the door when I went round, so I looked through the kitchen window and saw him lying face down on the floor asleep, to be fair he has been laying bricks all afternoon so probably just  nodded off and forgot about the mixer.  

2 minutes ago, Agila said:

European Super League can absolutely get in the sea. What a way to ruin football.

Greedy arrogant fools. It would need fans worldwide to genuinely boycott all tv and stadium ESL games. (they won't though and we all know it)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56807310

I'd let these "super clubs" fuck off and do their own thing, and maybe the rest of the game can get back to some sort of normality. Yo-yo clubs bagging £100 million for being relegated etc, get it to fuck 

2 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

remember, British Steel  on Teesside went on strike when the BBC put Hector's House on instead of Magic Roundabout....

and Simpsons was the one thing i did like to watch most days, so no, no not really!

Well I never knew that, perhaps it was a case of strike first, think of a reason later. 

Silly Hectors. 

The Simpsons is great but there are some really lame episodes and they seem to be the ones they show over and over again. 

4 hours ago, MikeR said:

the amount of shite I have moved from a house clearance , loaded car up last night to take clothes to work to dump in the collection box ,

but woke up at 2am remembering it was GONE !! , the BOX was gone and I had a stuffed full car to empty so more shite could go to a booked tip trip !!!

got up at 7am , had breaky , first stop Tesco's and filled the collection dalek , went to work , came back

and filled the car again with more clothes , happened to drive past another collection bin on the way home , stopped and filled that one up  .....

got more shite from home and took it all the tip ..... in time for the 4pm booking

went back to house clearance loaded up more stuff for work and did some painting ,,,,,,

car might have its seats back up by Wednesday ........

You are working like a trogen.

2 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

the newer Simpsons episodes are not as good as the older ones

Given how long the Simpsons has been on air, they've just about covered every single possible topic and story line, so it's hardly surprising the new ones are a bit pants.. they've likely run out of ideas.

5 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Given how long the Simpsons has been on air, they've just about covered every single possible topic and story line, so it's hardly surprising the new ones are a bit pants.. they've likely run out of ideas.

I just pretend the Simpsons ended around season 11

1 hour ago, MarvinsMom said:

agreed the newer Simpsons episodes are not as good as the older ones,

BUT last week they have been showing some very old ones, including my all time favourite "Homers Enemy".

Is that the one with Frank Grimes?  That one is brilliant, but my all time favourite is King Size Homer - every line in that one is pure gold.

3 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

The Simpsons started to get stale in the early 2000s. Matt Groening kept Futurama at a good number of episodes, and as it's not shown that often so when I do see it I remember how good it was.

A surprisingly good analysis of what happened (in terms of the writing, etc.) is available here:

I agree with pretty much every single word of this.  It's definitely worth a watch.

Sorry...know this is in an almost identical vein to recent grumps I've made...but it's this or I'm going to explode, sorry.

Good people of Milton Keynes...a quick note to you, as coming out of lockdown seems to have caused you some confusion.

You should still keep your distance from people where possible.

You shouldn't be inviting a dozen of your friends around to a BBQ.

You should STILL WEAR YOUR GODDAMNED MASKS.

Also, please remember that just because you have had your vaccine doesn't mean that you cannot still get COVID, it just means that your body knows what to do if you do, so it's far less likely to result in you requiring hospitalisation.  It also doesn't stop you from being able to carry it and transmit it to others.

Excuse me now while I go and smash my head repeatedly against this steel reinforced concrete wall for a couple of hours.

Seriously...if the rest of the country is behaving like what I've been seeing here since the middle of next week, we'll be back in lockdown by early May I'd guess.  It's madness.

Mask adherence was the biggest surprise for me.  I had to go into Tesco briefly because they had fouled up our delivery and there were a couple of things that I really needed.  I'd have put compliance at maybe 20% if that.  It's always been bloody poor here...but the 60-70% I'd been seeing before looks like A+ good star behaviour compared to what I saw today.

Equally...the Conservative Party can piss right off with their door-to-door hard sell sales tactics to try to win my vote in our next local election.  After I'd politely asked them to leave for the third time they got the door slammed in their face.  That sort of nonsense hacks me off at the best of times (we get a LOT of door knockers here), but it's absolute madness right now.

Given general human attitudes in the last few years and some of the things I have seen more recently (including something particularly vile I was shown by a friend yesterday which I won't detail here) my personal opinion is that the vast majority of humankind doesn't fucking deserve to survive this.

5 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Sorry...know this is in an almost identical vein to recent grumps I've made...but it's this or I'm going to explode, sorry.

Good people of Milton Keynes...a quick note to you, as coming out of lockdown seems to have caused you some confusion.

You should still keep your distance from people where possible.

You shouldn't be inviting a dozen of your friends around to a BBQ.

You should STILL WEAR YOUR GODDAMNED MASKS.

Also, please remember that just because you have had your vaccine doesn't mean that you cannot still get COVID, it just means that your body knows what to do if you do, so it's far less likely to result in you requiring hospitalisation.  It also doesn't stop you from being able to carry it and transmit it to others.

Excuse me now while I go and smash my head repeatedly against this steel reinforced concrete wall for a couple of hours.

Seriously...if the rest of the country is behaving like what I've been seeing here since the middle of next week, we'll be back in lockdown by early May I'd guess.  It's madness.

Nope don't agree with this, you are not going to catch it outdoors, there will be no further lockdowns, the majority of people vulnerable to covid have been jabbed, deaths are at an all time low, if you catch it its highly unlikely you'll die, its time to get on with our lives, maybe I should leave this for the coronavirus bedwetting thread though.

5 hours ago, Pieman said:

Given general human attitudes in the last few years and some of the things I have seen more recently (including something particularly vile I was shown by a friend yesterday which I won't detail here) my personal opinion is that the vast majority of humankind doesn't fucking deserve to survive this.

99% of us are just normal damaged human being trying to do our best. Its a tiny proportion of us that are really bad. 

29 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

Nope don't agree with this, you are not going to catch it outdoors, there will be no further lockdowns, the majority of people vulnerable to covid have been jabbed, deaths are at an all time low, if you catch it its highly unlikely you'll die, its time to get on with our lives, maybe I should leave this for the coronavirus bedwetting thread though.

Somewhere there is a fine balance mate. Your post is optimistic and we all hope and even the agnostics are praying you are right, but it's not over YET. 

Would it hurt to continue to wear a mask?

For balance, here's me and my Dad in his garden, the first time I've seen him since December 2019.  The first time I've been to Wales since the same date. 

On balance we both have had jabs, my parents 2 jabs,  didn't actually go in thier house, ate outdoors, used the garage toilet and drove to the beach for a walk in 2 cars. 

IMG-20210417-WA0005.jpeg

38 minutes ago, New POD said:

Somewhere there is a fine balance mate. Your post is optimistic and we all hope and even the agnostics are praying you are right, but it's not over YET. 

Would it hurt to continue to wear a mask?

I'll wear a mask in a shop but that is it, if you think I'm going to wear one outside when the risk of transmission is infinitesimal you'd be mistaken, I see people driving around alone in their cars with masks on, I mean what the actual fuck? 

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Yet you've got your arm around him and neither of you have a mask on. Doesn't that make a bit of a mockery of the precautions you took?

I don't totally agree with Jazoli but his route is a far better one than being totally paranoid and ranting about people.

Not really*

*Neither of us have been out in weeks. I had 2 self tests in the last 2 weeks before visiting. 

Or

*Yes totally. I'm trying to kill him off. 

It's one or the other. 

1 hour ago, Jazoli said:

I see people driving around alone in their cars with masks on, I mean what the actual fuck? 

They are trying not to touch the mask, before they go to another shop inside

Perhaps.