The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I'm sick of door knockers, wanna sell you capri m11? Swap broken X box + 50p tonite. 

The thing is it's hidden round the back, so all these chancers have been round the back lane where they've no reason to go. So I've stuck up a 2 meter high really shitty fence in front of it. True I'll have to remove shitty fence if I ever get round to moving it, but should cut down on snoopers.

In grumpy thread due to being totally fucked doing it. FFS it's 2 posts, a bit of CLS and some sheets of Onduline. I shouldn't be knackered. #Old man

10 hours ago, R1152 said:

Have you tried Radio Garden for something to listen to?

http://radio.garden/visit/falmouth/W4vw1MWo

The world's really your oyster with that.

I hereby nominate this as post of the year.  So glad I clicked on that link.  Fantastic.  Thank you.  The rest of you should try it.

1 hour ago, barefoot said:

In nearly forty years of car ownership, I suddenly realise that I've never had one with frameless front windows.

Is this as sad as I think, or have I been spared more leaks than a chap could possibly cope with?

Frameless windows are grand. It's the sunroof leaks I'd be more worried about....

DRLs.

Three separate deliveries of pizzas last night, all of them with DRLs on, dash lights and nothing else.

And a new MG monster the previous night visiting also failed to put lights on when leaving.

Say what you will about automatic lights, I have become used to them over the past ten years or so.  The C5 dash only lit up when the lights came on.  The Civic lights up when the key is turned so that could be a problem but lights on automatic saves engaging the brain after dark.

Did get caught out with the BX that lit up when the engine started.   Only once fortunately, very brightly lit car park.

And posted in the wrong thread first  :(

And obliterated all new posts - again   :(

21 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I've heard it said that having a double-barrelled name used to mean you were posh.

Nowadays, having a double-barrelled name tends to mean you're illegitimate. 

Not necessarily mutually exclusive. 

725547_2058316_a_updates.jpg.5939b64e64b207e4460136de37524dab.jpg

But back to the topic at hand, Radio 2 is actually quite good; at night. Huey Morgan, Craig Charles and Trevor Nelson all play good music and don't talk too much rubbish. Steve Wright, Jeremey Vine et al can get in the fucking sea though. 

I'd also second Radio 6. I can even just about stomach that bloke that use to be half of Mark and Lard these days. 

3 hours ago, myglaren said:

Did get caught out with the BX that lit up when the engine started.   Only once fortunately, very brightly lit car park.

That was the car that earned me a friendly chat with two of Strathclyde's finest  back in the late 80s. First car I'd ever encountered that lit the dash up so long as the ignition on.
But I agree, there's a hell of a lot of cars at night these days with no rear lights on, why don't they make DRL light up the back as well? Seems an odd way to do it.

1 hour ago, Spiny Norman said:

...., there's a hell of a lot of cars at night these days with no rear lights on, why don't they make DRL light up the back as well? Seems an odd way to do it.

Why not do away with DRLs and save a bit of power and resources? What was wrong with not having lights on in broad daylight? 🤷‍♂️

49 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Why not do away with DRLs and save a bit of power and resources? What was wrong with not having lights on in broad daylight? 🤷‍♂️

Perfectly adequate in the UK and the majority of other countries butt in Scandinavia where the days are dark in winter, the roads long, straight and almost deserted and lined with trees, a point of light is easily spotted and can be a life saver - especially where the traffic from the right has the right of way.

Which is why VolvoSaab  invented it.  At least they did it with sensible levels of brightness and remembered that the rear lights can be useful too.

Further to which,  I have just returned from a trip to Chester-le-Street for replacement specs.  It was full of people!  People everywhere.  Very disconcerting.  I liked the world without all those people much better.

48 minutes ago, myglaren said:

Further to which,  I have just returned from a trip to Chester-le-Street for replacement specs.  It was full of people!  People everywhere.  Very disconcerting.  I liked the world without all those people much better.

I believe that is permitted under the current rules though, driving to a town in Durham for purposes related to one's eyesight.

On 4/16/2021 at 9:10 AM, barefoot said:

Craig Charles should stick to playing Dave Lister. We saw him playing records at a festival & the fucker never shut up, singing along & so on.

Haha.

I did a gig with him back in 2019. A lovely bloke, one of the nicest and humblest I’ve had the pleasure of. He never goes on stage alone though - the best never do - so that was probably his rider talking. Two litres of Grey Goose from memory. FDFC622A-629A-4CD2-8C3A-AA56DFA22646.thumb.jpeg.c570ef1652d5781237748e7b255d257c.jpeg

the amount of shite I have moved from a house clearance , loaded car up last night to take clothes to work to dump in the collection box ,

but woke up at 2am remembering it was GONE !! , the BOX was gone and I had a stuffed full car to empty so more shite could go to a booked tip trip !!!

got up at 7am , had breaky , first stop Tesco's and filled the collection dalek , went to work , came back

and filled the car again with more clothes , happened to drive past another collection bin on the way home , stopped and filled that one up  .....

got more shite from home and took it all the tip ..... in time for the 4pm booking

went back to house clearance loaded up more stuff for work and did some painting ,,,,,,

car might have its seats back up by Wednesday ........

Our boiler is due it's annual service - we have a plan with Domestic & General (taken out last year as cheaper than getting BAXI to sort it as a one-off - my usual guy was stumped) which includes cost of said service. Went to book online, have to create an account. Account created, full details given, click 'book appointment'...and get taken to page with 'phone number to call them! Grrrrrr why not say that in the first fecking place?

todays grump.

those useless fuckin' cunts at channel 4 have taken it upon themselves to change the simpsons from 6pm to 5,30, and put some shitburg school "drama" on instead.

fuck off.

fuck off and die you idiotic wankers,

i did not want to watch Hackly Bridge when it was on later on a night, i certainly DO NOT want to watch it with my tea.

pricks.