The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Handbrake comes up too far on the Saab, same set up as the 75, you can flick the adjuster with a small screwdriver through a small hole.

Can't see the adjuster, I painted the 75's  white.

Had to take caliper and disc off. Right done one side. I'll know where the adjuster is on the other one.

Can't find it, caliper off, drum off.

Adjuster is top on one side, bottom on the other, and I forgot to paint them white!

Works better now though.

So the pubs are open again.

Walked past our local on the way to pick up a prescription.

About thirty people outside, not a mask or inch of social distance in evidence among the lot, and there must have been about fifty people crammed inside.

*Bashes head against nearest wall*

Why are people so stupid?

1 minute ago, Zelandeth said:

So the pubs are open again.

Walked past our local on the way to pick up a prescription.

About thirty people outside, not a mask or inch of social distance in evidence among the lot, and there must have been about fifty people crammed inside.

*Bashes head against nearest wall*

Why are people so stupid?

Because. 

I mean, was it really necessary for some pubs and shops to open at 00.01 this morning? 

Full range of weather here today as mentioned above (high of 7 degrees) yet at lunchtime many persons could be seen shivering outside a pub clutching pint glasses containing extra-cold lager. Don't get me wrong, I love a drink, but I somehow prefer being  warm when supping and would quite like to stay alive.

47 minutes ago, myglaren said:

Trial run of my mandolin - a food slicer, not a stringed instrument.

Despite the warnings -

DSCF3193.JPG

Much blood everywhere  :(

This is why I don’t have one. Much / most of my cooking is done with the accompaniment of alcohol. The last thing it needs is blood.

17 minutes ago, Wilko220 said:

the fuckers!

I had heard rumblings they might, but I had really hoped they would not :( 

I also feel bad, as I have not had the chance to ride on one in many years now, and Had hoped to rectify that at some point and see who was still there

Mandy the driver and big paul the conductor are 2 people who where very nice to me and put up with me, as I would hop on and then spend the next 6 hours chatting away with Paul (and mandy at rest stops)

then ride back to the garage with them with my hi-vis donned :) and I feel bad for just vanishing one day to never return!

I do hope they are well! the Garage staff at Both Bow and West Ham where also very nice, the main manager at West ham even gave me a bit of a guided tour once :) (I must have pulled quite the face going by his reaction when I saw a Modern at the time Enviro 200 wearing a Routemaster plate VLT14! I was not very pleased about that, thankfully VLT14 has since been reunited with the Routemaster it was stolen from)

it is also very sad to see Routemaster operation come to an end in London in general :( 

19 hours ago, R1152 said:

Because. 

I mean, was it really necessary for some pubs and shops to open at 00.01 this morning? 

Was it necessary for the council to give the pubs temporary all night licence, or did they not bother to ask permission? 

29 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

had heard rumblings they might, but I had really hoped they would not :( 

I also feel bad, as I have not had the chance to ride on one in many years now, and Had hoped to rectify that at some point

Yeah same - ages since I’ve been on a Routemaster.

The last exciting bus I travelled on in London was during the Tube strike  a few years ago - they wheeled out all these classic buses (from god knows where) to lay on extra services, and I managed to get a ride on a 1970s Mk1 MCW Metrobus.
It was going in a completely different direction to where I needed to go so I ended up being late for work, but it was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up!

7 minutes ago, Wilko220 said:

Yeah same - ages since I’ve been on a Routemaster.

The last exciting bus I travelled on in London was during the Tube strike  a few years ago - they wheeled out all these classic buses (from god knows where) to lay on extra services, and I managed to get a ride on a 1970s Mk1 MCW Metrobus! 
It was going in a completely different direction to where I needed to go so I ended up being late for work, but it was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up!

Yeah! im one of the few Londoners who actually look forward to tube strikes for exactly this reason

as when they need extra services they almost always bring out all the old RMs RTs and the such like :) (at least 1 person at TfL must be an enthusiast like us!)

I have sadly never been able to ride on one during a tube strike, but its fun seeing the pictures especially of them on Routes that have not normally seen Routemasters/RTs etc for many years and its fun seeing how people react to it on social media :) 

I did once ran across one on Route 8 once during a driving lesson and got told off by my instructor for waving at the conductor on the back :) 

(both hands on the wheel yada yada, bet they would hate to see a Tiller control invacar!)