The grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 4/8/2021 at 4:25 PM, Talbot said:

I'll bet that's the same person every time.  A recording camera showing the same person doing it every time would likely end up with a prosecution.  Either that, or you can find out what time they do it, be ready and fire a large cow-pat directly at them from a trebuchet.

Someone kept putting dog shit into my wheelie bin. One evening I saw them do it and the following day there was a sign on my bin that read, 'Bloke with black poodle, take your shit home'. There was never any more

at work we used to have some dick ed throw dogs shite bags onto the car park from the road  , then the cars would run over it and spread it every where ..

then people would tread in it and spread it around the school ...

when I got in at 7am in a morning , a few minutes found it all thrown back over the fence ...

it soon stopped ...

it also came with the open gates , people would find it alright to nip in and let the dog drop its load and then walk off ,before the staff could get to them

its only a training area for blind people !!!

16 hours ago, plasticvandan said:

Really having no luck job searching,I'm literally searching most of the day,I don't feel like I've earnt a break from it unless I've achieved something,I know we have all the covid stuff affecting the market but the few jobs I can do are either min wage and wouldn't cover the cost of getting there or too far away and min wage.Ive got about 14 applications out,I had an interview over two weeks ago and checked with them as I hadn't heard and they still haven't decided,which to me says we're waiting to see if someone better comes along,I have got a phone interview tomorrow which I'm.dreading as I'm not that good on the phone as I am in person.Really struggling mentally with this and thinking about the bigger bills of insurance and Mots coming up as well.

The market at the moment is beyond crap because of how many people have found themselves out of work due to COVID.

One of my housemates is on the interview panel for some areas where he works.  They had a post open about a month ago, normally they would have expected 150-200 applicants for a post at that level.  They received just over 36,000 applications for this post.  Apparently it's like that in all areas of the business.

My husband has been job hunting for 13 months now too.  Fixed term contracts suck.

Fuck the fucking cunts who live round here. Bob the builder next door was shit FM blasting / stihl saw flags / fires from 8am to 7pm, followed by screaming woman.

It's just gone 11pm and finally quiet when twat at other side has started a fire in back garden as too bone idle to put bin out on bin day, and has idiot big gobbed m11 round to shout at each other about what cuntface put on facebook, who he's not shagging etc.

Someone doesn't like him chatting up his bird, this may be related to him finding a skip on his drive last week. At least someone remembers the classics.

Sorry to all the job seekers on here, horrible at the best of times. I’m better off because my work is secure, in fact I’m rushed off my feet. What’s pissing me off is my company admin and new line manager are leaning on me to get stuff written up and invoiced, despite the fact that I’ve been flat out actually doing the fieldwork and literally haven’t had time to do anything else. Not helped by home schooling commitments so I’ve being working early in the morning and late at night getting work done.

There is a distinct clique in my firm, people who do little work, and spend ages chatting on WhatsApp and people who are flat out getting work in. I think I need to go work elsewhere.

The door lock has decided to fail on the daily Fiesta. So after some YouTube viewing of how to remove it I thought ‘ah, that’ll be quite easy’, so I went happily to the yard of dreams this morning to extract one from a scrapper Fiesta.

Probably one of the most fiddliest jobs I’ve ever done on a car. The whole inner door panel has to be removed to access the lock. I struggled to remove the window glass and whilst manhandling said glass out of the door, it decided to explode into a million pieces, showering me with redneck diamonds. Luckily I didn’t cut my hands open.

After a while and a rounded screw, I managed to extract it from the door. I’m going to farm the job out as I really don’t want to end up having a heart attack due to the stress of it. What a poxy job.

1 hour ago, goosey said:

Father in law whining cause I bought and fitted some £19 Bosch wiper blades to his Vauxhall antara,

blah blah pound shop are only a couple of quid blah 

F that guy 

Do them himself next time. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

1 hour ago, Bren said:

Do them himself next time

This.

I'm not a mechanic, I can do the odd bit, but nothing on the scale of 75% of the members on here. BUT.... I've had to tell my wife to stop volunteering me for jobs on her friends cars; not because I can't do them, it's just that some of them (only SOME mind) expect main dealer style warranties and/or guarantees on what I've done, and some others just take the piss - I mean would it have hurt one friend of SWMBO's who, when presented with the receipt for oil, oil and air filter to a) pay it without whinging that "I thought he was going to do it for free" or b) Round the amount up to the nearest £5 or £10? Or the one where I got her mate's mother's Ka through an MoT via some welding, a thorough service, and various light bulbs, and then took 2 weeks to pay me the £142.37 it came to? 

So now I do fuck all for anyone apart from selected family, or if I fancy it.  If it makes me a selfish, grumpy bastard then so be it. 

On 4/9/2021 at 4:59 PM, wuvvum said:

Fuck a duck!  I knew things were bad but I hadn't realised they were that bad...

Wait until furlough money stops. The feelgood factor being enjoyed by the government now will disappear faster than a fart with a pair of running spikes.

Just watch one of them there You Tubers. Flips a small car.

Advertised for 400 by seller who knew not a lot on the history  but said it was neighbours car. Purchased it for 200. Cleaned and buffed it. Repaired a bit of lacquer peel.  But only with paint. Cleaned the inside and made the dash nice and shiny plastic. Added new plastic  not original trims,Not before dusting the steel wheels with black paint to hide the rust. No treatment of rust. Crudely stitched the repair to seat.

Then advertised at 1480 sold for 1399 as a care that had been looked after.

The vid did not detail the MOT failure either. Making it look so easy to make a quick buck

21 hours ago, iainrcz said:

Bollocks, I've wimped out.
I'm going home to bed.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Got home. Took paracetamols, went to bed. Spent 6 hours tossing and turning. Got up to pee, rang work to say I wouldn't be in at around 06:30 then went back to bed.

Woke up again at 5pm.

Reading the common side effects section of the leaflet you get with the vaccine. Yep, I've got them all 😆

25 minutes ago, iainrcz said:

Got home. Took paracetamols, went to bed. Spent 6 hours tossing and turning. Got up to pee, rang work to say I wouldn't be in at around 06:30 then went back to bed.

Woke up again at 5pm.

Reading the common side effects section of the leaflet you get with the vaccine. Yep, I've got them all 😆

I was completely wrecked for 15 hours. Pains everywhere in the joints and muscles, red hot then freezing, headache, felt like I had 20 pints and then sunstroke then run over by a truck. In and out of consciousness.

Apparently if you've reacted badly it's a lot worse second time around. My Uncle was the same as me.

Should have my second in about 8 weeks or less. I'll let you know how I get on.

Before I got the full on shit like you mention I had this weird "foggy brain" thing.

Like I didn't know entirely what I was doing.  I mean I know I only know about 90% of it all anyway, but this time I'm thinking more 75%.

I drove home from work and it was the longest 15 miles in my life. I kept feeling sick and my eyes felt really heavy. If not driving had been an option I wouldn't have done.