The grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 minutes ago, Talbot said:

https://tractive.com/en/c/gps-tracker-cat

The ability to know every time she's doing it, which you can then keep as evidence if needed.

"Your cat isn't here"

"I beg to differ".

Isn't this a bit like Schrodinger's Cat? It's there, and not there, at the same time. 

....and now I'm getting a definite feeling of déjà vu.

4 minutes ago, barefoot said:

Believe me, I have looked at such things. But they're a bit hefty & she's a teeny tiny, pretty cat.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tile-Mate-Item-Finder-Pack/dp/B07W9BBCTB/

Something a little smaller and less global perhaps?  60m bluetooth range should be enough to find her if you essentially know where she is already.

That's the function where you can make it make a noise so that if you're really very close to the item in question (keys in a pocket for instance) you can have it make a sound so you can get the last few feet to the item tagged.

Using the sounder on a cat seems a little* unnecessary.

I had one of those tiles on my keys for a year or so, that's how long the non-changeable battery lasts. It was pretty useful. 

Shame you can't program the sounder to say 'Set me free you Crazy Bi@tch!!'

I'm seriously, seriously done with living in this shithole of a town.

Latest development has been with the exception of yesterday, every day this week so far someone has been throwing bagged dog shit over the fence into our garden from the side that backs onto the road.

God I'm sick of this place.

12 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Latest development has been with the exception of yesterday, every day this week so far someone has been throwing bagged dog shit over the fence into our garden from the side that backs onto the road.

I'll bet that's the same person every time.  A recording camera showing the same person doing it every time would likely end up with a prosecution.  Either that, or you can find out what time they do it, be ready and fire a large cow-pat directly at them from a trebuchet.

4 hours ago, barefoot said:

It's the failure to give it back on demand and cats being defined as 'property' that makes it actual theft, for which she has been reported several times in the past couple of years. At this rate she'll be going to her grave with a fucking criminal record.

But she didn't know it was there, and returned it as soon as she discovered it.

Won't stand up in a court of law.

Has she got a cat flap, does it wander in of it's own free will?

I can't find my cat half the time and I know it's in.

1 hour ago, Talbot said:

I'll bet that's the same person every time.  A recording camera showing the same person doing it every time would likely end up with a prosecution.  Either that, or you can find out what time they do it, be ready and fire a large cow-pat directly at them from a trebuchet.

Thing is you can't see the road from this side.  It's a six foot high fence with a hedge on the other side of it. 

We'd been looking into CCTV for the driveway side for peace of mind...but I really hadn't thought it was going to be necessary for this side...

To be honest I really can't be bothered with the hassle of it, it's somewhere around item number 389 on the list of things that are doing my head in, I just want to move at this point.  Over the last seven years I have developed a deep absolutely seething hate for this area, with the notable exception of a handful of friends I've made.

Really having no luck job searching,I'm literally searching most of the day,I don't feel like I've earnt a break from it unless I've achieved something,I know we have all the covid stuff affecting the market but the few jobs I can do are either min wage and wouldn't cover the cost of getting there or too far away and min wage.Ive got about 14 applications out,I had an interview over two weeks ago and checked with them as I hadn't heard and they still haven't decided,which to me says we're waiting to see if someone better comes along,I have got a phone interview tomorrow which I'm.dreading as I'm not that good on the phone as I am in person.Really struggling mentally with this and thinking about the bigger bills of insurance and Mots coming up as well.

5 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

yuk...... when i was working near Nottingham, the place i was lodging in was up a track though some woods, there the poop bags were artfully placed on the lower branches of some of the trees, ABOVE the bin thoughtfully provided by the council.......

the fuckin' mentality of some people, it used to make me wonder if the Nazi's weren't on to something!

30 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

I was thinking a shower of used, previously overheated EP90 would be more appropriate.

Or is that considered to be such cruel and unusual punishment that I'd end up being pursued for breach of the Geneva Convention...

If the Burmese Army can get away with what it's doing at the moment, so can you.

10 hours ago, barefoot said:

It's the failure to give it back on demand and cats being defined as 'property' that makes it actual theft, for which she has been reported several times in the past couple of years. At this rate she'll be going to her grave with a fucking criminal record.

She likes the cat. Why not let her have it?

On 4/8/2021 at 4:25 PM, Talbot said:

Someone kept putting dog shit into my wheelie bin. One evening I saw them do it and the following day there was a sign on my bin that read, 'Bloke with black poodle, take your shit home'. There was never any more

at work we used to have some dick ed throw dogs shite bags onto the car park from the road  , then the cars would run over it and spread it every where ..

then people would tread in it and spread it around the school ...

when I got in at 7am in a morning , a few minutes found it all thrown back over the fence ...

it soon stopped ...

it also came with the open gates , people would find it alright to nip in and let the dog drop its load and then walk off ,before the staff could get to them

its only a training area for blind people !!!