The grumpy thread

outlaw118

52 minutes ago, colc said:

🥵A lurker on here who agreed to buy my Rover has pulled out of the deal because  a ten your old HPI check says it was written off..... 

What's wrong with that ?

Better than getting it home and finding out, then feeling peeved as it may have not been mentioned on the thread. Don't forget some folk live from paycheck to paycheck, so can't always afford surprises. 

17 hours ago, Bren said:

I purchased a kit to overhaul the SD1's injectors - I have only decided to do this as the fuel rail needed to be dismantled to get the hose off the injector.

20210305_191258.thumb.jpg.a48719412955fdb20930f21bdda4ebdc.jpg

The injectors are pushed into aluminium brackets. Will they come out? Will they fuck. This ungrateful bastard of a car does not want to return to the road.

Left them soaking in plus gas. Poured boiling water over them prior to clamping them in a vice and using a 10mm socket as a drift - they are all out.

Aluminium corrosion has clamped the rubber washers - and done a very good job of it. In fact I think this kind of corrosion should be used as a way of joining metals.

5 hours ago, Bren said:

Left them soaking in plus gas. Poured boiling water over them prior to clamping them in a vice and using a 10mm socket as a drift - they are all out.

Aluminium corrosion has clamped the rubber washers - and done a very good job of it. In fact I think this kind of corrosion should be used as a way of joining metals.

It was; IIRC Trevithick held the wheels on his locomotive with iron filings mixed with piss. I'm sure the method was quite common in the millwright era.

I went to the local jetwash earlier, huuuuge queue but I waited in line for ages like a good boy, they have 3 bays and one was filled by a twat with a 3 series who unloads a full on valet kit, snow foam, wheel brushes , chamois and fuck knows how many bottles of jizz. He occupied the bay for nearly an hour , spending £3 max for the occasional rinse and does a full on forensic detail of his car, pissed me right off ! 

I then went to put air in a tyre and watched in wonder as a woman in a qasqui went round each tyre 4 times in a ten minute routine, I thought about asking what she was doing but in the name of equality didn't. I pulled up to the airline when she left to see it was set at 3.3 bar, i.e 48 PSI ......... that's gonna shake her fillings out over the speedbumps !!

9 hours ago, Minimad5 said:

What's wrong with that ?

Better than getting it home and finding out, then feeling peeved as it may have not been mentioned on the thread. Don't forget some folk live from paycheck to paycheck, so can't always afford surprises. 

Not mentioned because there’s nothing on the V5 !

7 hours ago, MikeR said:

I understand why women crash cars now ....

I moved the 50 inch telly back home to  our house  , and in its place I left a 25 inch ..

wife chirps up hours later after seeing the small telly ,   " I thought you were moving the telly "

I have ....

It's a telly. They are all the same....

Also I have blue car. She has white car, you have silver car. Jill has green cars. 

On 3/5/2021 at 8:03 PM, rob88h said:

I'll leave this here so other people can laugh at my expense...

At some point today a local scrap firm came round and leafleted the majority of my cars. I'd find it funny too if I wasn't so disheartened by the experience. They were all parked together as well! Just one leaflet through the letterbox would suffice, and leave me guessing which one you think is shit - not all of them goddamnit! 

898126488_Scrapleaflets(2021-03-05).jpg.d7be8d3139b64685f1ae822e646f40cc.jpg

A while back, a similar operation put leaflets on every single car in my street. Except one. The CX.

Just been down to the bottom of my garden for the first time in months to find some cunt has broken into my garden shed😪 Nothing stolen as far as I can tell as it was virtually empty so I am more annoyed about the broken door.

Probably a bit premature (I am not even 40 yet) but can anyone recommend a country I can retire to where people respect the notion of private property and don't fuck with other people's shit? Or is the whole world like this nowadays?

1 hour ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Just been down to the bottom of my garden for the first time in months to find some cunt has broken into my garden shed😪 Nothing stolen as far as I can tell as it was virtually empty so I am more annoyed about the broken door.

Probably a bit premature (I am not even 40 yet) but can anyone recommend a country I can retire to where people respect the notion of private property and don't fuck with other people's shit? Or is the whole world like this nowadays?

Not a country... but the Moon may be ideal.

Any Sky+ brainiacs on here please?.....  Every night I'm having to try and watch something I want to watch at fkin stupidoclock, I can't even record anything on sky+ because the box is permanently at 99% full of shite and she even records stuff through the night so I only get to choose off catchup.... I can feel a sky+ box overload/big hammer moment coming on.... I've already got a 2tb sky box to go in but she doesn't want to lose the shite she has already recorded... 

Is it possible to get a "free" card to allow access to the old box whilst using current active card in new box HHHHEEELLLPPP

When you know something is going on but there's nothing you can really do about it 

La liga spain's premier league has an app that shows people scores but when you accept the terms it gives them permission to turn the Mike and GPS on 

What they would do is turn it on when a live game was being played and the GPS told them you were in a pub

They'd listen to see if the game was on in the pub then check to see if they'd paid the licence fee , if not they'd fine you 

Fuck me , they have been fined for it 

Suzuki is acting up. I can drive it all day, and nothing looks wrong.  As soon as I stop and start the engine again (while hot), oil pressure light comes on and hardly if ever goes out again. I guess it's a pressure switch problem, or a wiring problem. I hate not having proper pressure checking tools to be 100% sure it's just that.