The grumpy thread

outlaw118

22 minutes ago, Rab said:

Hunter was looked at by three mechanics.Andy paid one mechanic 100quid.He tried his best..but the profi decision was that it was far too gone.A truck driver got paid..and the parts will save others. Thanks to folk who offered help and advice..but their was no malice or rip offs intended. Andy thought it was great..but beyond help.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I posted asking "what happened?" a  sensible answer like this was all I was looking for. I think a lot of us were genuinely curious as to what had changed between the initial optimism and the decision that it was too far gone. We all appreciate that it sometimes happens. 

6 minutes ago, Talbot said:

I suspect this is the case.  A staggering number of people can't grasp the simple message that electronics and electrical equipment does not go in the general waste bin.

Yes they need to be collected together, then shipped to China, have the circuit boards ripped out so that Chinese people can be paid $10 a day to unsolder components from them until they die from sucking in poisonous fumes, and then what's left can be thrown in a smelter.

47 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

Shall we all just take a breath here, shake hands (virtually and observing current guidance, etc.) and get back to talking shite?

Amen.

30 minutes ago, Wilko220 said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I posted asking "what happened?" a  sensible answer like this was all I was looking for. I think a lot of us were genuinely curious as to what had changed between the initial optimism and the decision that it was too far gone. We all appreciate that it sometimes happens. 

With the corollary that hopeless heaps fit for bean tins sometimes mesmerise hapless shiters and hypnotise them into spending 1300 hours turning bran flakes into shiny 1970s glitz.

2 hours ago, jakebullet said:

Since when was being a thieving pikey a race / ethnic group?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56246848

Bonus woke points for Pontins discriminating* against them by not allowing transits towing stolen mini diggers as forms of transport. 

There was another "discrimination" story on the BBC today - apparently Twitch have reversed their decision to start using "womxn" instead of "women".  I was hoping that the decision had been reversed because it was fucking stupid, but apparently the reason is because it's transphobic.  

I couldn't follow the logic* as to why it was considered such, although I was mildly amused that a company's attempt to be woke had come back and bitten it on the arse, but it raises an interesting question for me, and I don't know whether the AS Wokerati™ might be able to enlighten me - what happens when the interests of two minority groups (in this case, feminists and LGBT) conflict?  How is the decision made as to which group's interests trump the other group's?  I'd imagine that this is going to be an increasingly common conundrum in a world where large sectors of the population spend their lives in a never-ending quest for things to be offended by.

43 minutes ago, Wilko220 said:

I only just found out..i wrote that last post as i talked to him. However..a lot of people just thought..conclusion..ill jump at that.Being accused of misleading people didnt sit well with me...oh yeah..thanks to Facebook...here guys..fuel for fire before we know the real story.

27 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

There was another "discrimination" story on the BBC today - apparently Twitch have reversed their decision to start using "womxn" instead of "women".  I was hoping that the decision had been reversed because it was fucking stupid, but apparently the reason is because it's transphobic.  

wxnkers

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

I couldn't follow the logic* as to why it was considered such, although I was mildly amused that a company's attempt to be woke had come back and bitten it on the arse, but it raises an interesting question for me, and I don't know whether the AS Wokerati™ might be able to enlighten me - what happens when the interests of two minority groups (in this case, feminists and LGBT) conflict?  How is the decision made as to which group's interests trump the other group's?  I'd imagine that this is going to be an increasingly common conundrum in a world where large sectors of the population spend their lives in a never-ending quest for things to be offended by.

It's a conundrum that is fuelling a stairheid rammy in the SNP at the moment and neither side is taking prisoners; Joanna Cherry got bumped from the front bench in Westminster because of a twitter spat with someone. The whole thing has the feel of People's Front of Judea vs Judean People's Front about it.

3 hours ago, Craig the Princess said:

Thank you, good to have someone who knows what they are talking about around

Oh, there are several other people here who have a far better understanding of these things and *actually* know what they're talking about.  I'm working mainly from experience.

Some people really are just cunts 

My wife has been at her mother's all day , she's had a fall but refuses to go to hospital , there's been district nurses , paramedics and social workers there all day 

They asked here what year it was and she said 1994 , the paramedic said she wasn't even born in 1994 

Anyway the ambulance was there for hours , the young paramedic came back in a bit upset , one of the neighbours ,a builder said to her 

What have you parked that there for , get it moved ,quite aggressively because she was parked where he parks his van 

She moved it because she felt intimidated 

I've only seen him a couple of times and thought he was a twat but this has confirmed it 

My wife has been at her mother's all day , she's had a fall but refuses to go to hospital , there's been district nurses , paramedics and social workers there all day 
They asked here what year it was and she said 1994 , the paramedic said she wasn't even born in 1994 
Anyway the ambulance was there for hours , the young paramedic came back in a bit upset , one of the neighbours ,a builder said to her 
What have you parked that there for , get it moved ,quite aggressively because she was parked where he parks his van 
I've only seen him a couple of times and thought he was a twat but this has confirmed it 
Sounds like a Grade A wanker.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

Grumps come in three.

1) Police aren't interested in following up the thieving sod who stole £2500 from me for 'landscaping'.

2) Nobody  else wants the job of sorting it, not that we have much left in the pot that we had set aside

3) My wife made an ace gammon roast dinner (not the grump). I had just been to the shop and treated myself so some Irn Bru to go with it. The mash was also particularly good. My wife didn't finish hers so I scooped up a bit of her leftovers with my knife and this happened.

20210302_172303.thumb.jpg.cc2ef5f1b9d57319eba2f605f70f38f1.jpg

FFS!

Hope you make as much noise as you can about this arsehole-facebook, Google reviews, anywhere you can. It'll hopefully lose him some business if nothing else.

Sorry about your mash too, shame it got ruined by getting dropped in that foul liquid 😘

30 minutes ago, Wack said:

See also: numerous cunts with cars moaning about ambulances on emergency callouts parking across their precious driveways and leaving notes on ambulance windows - and more. Seemed especially prevalent last year.

38 minutes ago, Wack said:

In the unlikely event that I'm ever Prime Minister, I would have a register for people like this and if they ever needed an ambulance or hospital treatment, they would be told to FRO. Hope your mum in law is OK

5 hours ago, Wilko220 said:

It's one thing someone deleting their own content, but when a person who started a topic has the power to, with the click of a button, delete everybody else's contributions to that topic at the same time, there's got to be something wrong.

We've got threads here that run to thousands of pages - it shouldn't be in the gift of a single user just to delete the whole thing. For example, it just so happens that I started the "new members" thread, which has now got intro posts on it from loads of people. The idea that I could go and delete all of that, just because I happened to be having a pissy day like @Rab is a bit ridiculous. 

The mods on here seem to enjoy deleting threads  threads and entire content from some posters without explanation. With that in mind it seems perfectly reasonable that individuals should  be able to delete whatever they like.

34 minutes ago, GeorgeB said:

The mods on here seem to enjoy deleting threads  threads and entire content from some posters without explanation. With that in mind it seems perfectly reasonable that individuals should  be able to delete whatever they like.

A 'pissy day' for me Wilko is having epilepsy every day..maybe read up on neuro-divergence..it covers a whole spectrum of disorders inc .autism..part of the pain of this condition is that having to keep explaining..apologising..for a condition that for me is worsening..my life is constantly in danger..im 50% more likely to committ suicide (Ian Curtis i.e)..i have acute depression that I believe is going to end my life prematurely..Ive lost all independence..I have to live with my 80 yr old parents for safety..I removed the thread becos i was targeted with false accusations and manifest untruths.Over a car.Who said i was doing the classic car world a disservice...someone..I dont care now. If i left the thread up..it would have got worse. Perhaps this isnt the place for me.

1 hour ago, GeorgeB said:

Apparently the mods caused Brexit, co-started WW2, were responsible for Marathons being renamed Snickers and hired Chris Evans to present Top Gear. They're such an unreasonable bunch! 🤣

3 hours ago, Wack said:

Go and let the fucker's tyres down.  What an absolute Grade A cunt.

There was a case a year or two ago of a woman leaving a foul-mouthed note on an ambulance for "blocking her driveway"....she didn't even drive!

7 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Apparently the mods caused Brexit, co-started WW2, were responsible for Marathons being renamed Snickers and hired Chris Evans to present Top Gear. They're such an unreasonable bunch! 🤣

I've never forgiven them for the part they played in getting Spangles removed from sale , choking hazard while welding exhausts my arse 

9 hours ago, GeorgeB said:

Yeah, when the Mods came down here in 1964 to delete threads they got a good kicking.

Police and mods in Clacton in 1964

Mods and rockers clash at Margate

15 minutes ago, castros_bro said:

Yeah, when the Mods came down here in 1964 to delete threads they got a good kicking.

Police and mods in Clacton in 1964

Mods and rockers clash at Margate

Yea but look how happy @Cavcraftis on his new bike in the first photo! He only went to Brighton for an ice cream and check the carb bodge worked... 

10 hours ago, Rab said:

A 'pissy day' for me Wilko is having epilepsy every day..maybe read up on neuro-divergence..it covers a whole spectrum of disorders inc .autism

Obviously I'm very sorry to hear that you have this. Having experienced (different) mental health conditions at very close quarters, I know what huge impact they can have on people's lives, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

That said, we don't all have access to each other's medical records, so when someone does something unreasonable it can only be taken at face value. We don't know if the behaviour has been caused by a mental health condition, a physical health condition, because someone's pissed off at their car breaking down, or because the wife has been nagging them all day. Or just because that's what they're like. I guess there is usually some reason.

We all have bad days - for different reasons, and some much worse than others. That's why I suggested that no individual member should have the ability to delete entire topics/threads. Hopefully someone from the team of moderators might be able to give this some consideration, if a change in the settings is possible. 

13 hours ago, Pieman said:

Go and let the fucker's tyres down.  What an absolute Grade A cunt.

There was a case a year or two ago of a woman leaving a foul-mouthed note on an ambulance for "blocking her driveway"....she didn't even drive!

Yes, I remember that now.

Jesus.