The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I've had two 407s, imagine how mental that must make me.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

You know what, now I've had a think I vaguely recall them having an issue with burning wires in the rear clusters.
I think you can tag on an extra earth that stops it.
Or helps.

And I'm meant to be replying to the guy with the 407 being a 407 here.

I've quoted the wrong post, but I'm a rebel so ner.

Also I'm on my phone, which is shit for faffing around on.

@Lord Sterling

12 hours ago, Crispian_J_Hotson said:

Our neighbours decided to chop up and burn their sofa on their front drive. The wind wasn't kind to us and we spent the night inhaling fumes but, they are a bit thick so I generally allow them room for spontaneous madness and sometimes... You just gotta burn your sofa. It's all part of living in the ghetto.

'Flame Retardant'.

9 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Cos if I really need to I can jump in the car and if the planets align return home with the part I need not long later. 

I use them, I've only had 3 issues with them and 2 were on parts I don't need for the xsara and one solved as I fitted the wiper blades in their car park and 33 minutes and 2 other boxes later had the right mounting hardware for whatever car it was at the time... 

I picked up an air filter from there once, got home, pulled it out of the box to find it was jet black and heavily used.  Took it back and the person behind the till just rolled their eyes.  'It happens all the time...' while they swapped it out.

Didn't quite say, 'so why don't you fucking check them when the box isn't sealed, then?' but should have.  Evidently people take the filter, fit it to their car, put the old one back in the box and claim a refund because it the 'wrong part'.  So they've failed to check it twice...

I don't like using the phone so pre-ordering online on ECP is desirable. 

The only time I have had bother with them was when I got brake pads for my Volvo and there was an odd wrong one. Sealed packet so a fault at the supplier. 

I try to use TMS and the small car parts shop in town instead now, TMS can usually get non stock parts quicker and the prices aren't far off ECP's for better quality parts. 

Should you find yourself in or around Portsmouth, especially on a rainy day, and you look in your rear view mirror to see a following astra H in silver, with some Sri bits attached - think yourself, it could be THIS astra H in silver, papped today in the works car park

IMG_20210224_173349843.thumb.jpg.9eb3fed05e51bcccc1f6c1b6e88a8546.jpg

IMG_20210224_173406636.thumb.jpg.bd9080b9cd737e8bd6acd95f444d5ed8.jpg

Yes sir or madam, you have had your 'moneys worth' from this particular set of front tyres.

It had an advisory in July 2020 for front tyres close to the limit, so clearly 

A. Does a lot miles considering the circumstances

B. Has had lethally bald tyres for 8 months and counting

FFS people

3 minutes ago, R1152 said:

Bit of spilt diesel on a wet bend and Darwin will do the rest.

Joking aside, I'd report that to Plod.

Do they ever actually do anything about it though? It's in a private car park currently, we're in a shared office so no idea who it belongs to or I'd have a word

24 minutes ago, Stanky said:

Should you find yourself in or around Portsmouth, especially on a rainy day, and you look in your rear view mirror to see a following astra H in silver, with some Sri bits attached - think yourself, it could be THIS astra H in silver, papped today in the works car park

Yes sir or madam, you have had your 'moneys worth' from this particular set of front tyres.

FFS people

I'd personally call 101. Get it reported. Local plod may give it a tug if a marker gets put on it. 

3 hours ago, Stanky said:

Do they ever actually do anything about it though? It's in a private car park currently, we're in a shared office so no idea who it belongs to or I'd have a word

101 or at least a note on the windscreen first... there's uneven tyre wear, there's bald and then there's fucking fucked mate change em before you kill someone you fkin dickhead 👍

10 hours ago, Stanky said:

FFS people

Stick a big notice all over the windscreen with hard-to-remove glue saying he or she (cant be sexist!) has been reported to plod.

FFS people

Definitely report that.  If they have to do an emergency stop in the wet because a child steps out in front of them, they’ll be aquaplaning to tragedy and a court appearance.  If that’s not worth spending £100 to avoid I don’t know what is.

Or maybe they will be travelling a speed directly behind you on a motorway just as the traffic up ahead slams its brakes on....

22 hours ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

I picked up an air filter from there once, got home, pulled it out of the box to find it was jet black and heavily used.  Took it back and the person behind the till just rolled their eyes.  'It happens all the time...' while they swapped it out.

Didn't quite say, 'so why don't you fucking check them when the box isn't sealed, then?' but should have.  Evidently people take the filter, fit it to their car, put the old one back in the box and claim a refund because it the 'wrong part'.  So they've failed to check it twice...

I had the same thing happen with a wheel bearing I bought from them for my sons Suzuki Jimny

FFS people

I'd have stuck a screwdriver in the sidewall of each one, maybe.

If you see it again, leave a note on the window. I did that on a car that was parked where I regularly walk the dog. Next time I saw the car there it had new tyres on the front! They weren't as bad as the ones posted above but my note said the tyres were very dangerous and illegal! 

Edit- if its in your works carpark someone must know who's car it is! 

12 hours ago, Stanky said:

FFS people

nice racing slicks

Stuff like this really does make you wonder what goes through some people's minds 

In 40 years of driving for a living I've never done anything like this , I have missed a few junctions , 15-14 on the M1 was a pita once but it never entered my head to go from lane 2 across the chevrons 

I just did the loop swearing all the way :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1234394399928128/permalink/3964792070221667/?sfnsn=scwspmo

10 minutes ago, iainrcz said:

A couple of £200 water bills made us wonder what has broken. So...

.6923062ed22b126c63ba70a18399e308.jpg

Not the first time i have heard of this , some people had a nice lawn on the middle of a drought , the the penny dropped when the bills came in ...

16 minutes ago, MikeR said:

Not the first time i have heard of this , some people had a nice lawn on the middle of a drought , the the penny dropped when the bills came in ...

Sod's law it's obviously AFTER the water meter.

I wonder if Anglian Water had assumed we'd recently started a car valeting service, given there's only been 2 of us here for the last 7 years..