The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Guess which muppet left the front window on his car open all the way last night and has just spent the last hour or so dismantling the interior to dry it all out.  That's right, this muppet!  Looks like the inside of @Wilko220's Rover now... or it did, except that I have the interior half apart.  I guess I'll just get the rest out and do a proper deep clean of the interior, even though I wasn't going to because now I can see the bits of dirt that were hidden, I can't bring myself to put things back together without cleaning it all.

Why have all search engines turned to utter and complete shit in the last few years?

Searching for anything vaguely technical and you're half a dozen pages in before you get anything that's even vaguely *related* to your actual search, much less actually being what you were looking for.

Walking away from this now as I'm going to end up hurling something through a window otherwise.

If anyone wants a challenge, I'm trying to find a replacement for this very dead blower motor.

IMG_20210129_160551.thumb.jpg.688d40e32752caf453446e564776b346.jpg

IMG_20210129_151901.thumb.jpg.3290a4cbd2fd9cdda590591f37f8ca1d.jpg

Going to go and hide in the garage for an hour or two and hopefully lower my blood pressure.

Very much do not want to fail in finding a replacement for that motor as if I can't replace it that will write off £300 worth of dessicant dehumidifier.  Really well engineered and supremely effective unit let down by Amcor fitting the cheapest motors known to man.  I've already replaced both of the others!

1 hour ago, Zelandeth said:

If anyone wants a challenge, I'm trying to find a replacement for this very dead blower motor.

Challenge accepted

this looks like it might be a suitable replacement :) 

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32865379583.html

(they look identical to me just different sellers but figured id include both links just incase)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001272643981.html

image.thumb.png.be6e41fc6dc53ac3cbc391eaae3e7aa3.png

from a quick bit of googling I think its just a generic type of motor made by many people, and I think if you are able to just find a 38W Fan of any sort then theres a good chance it may contain the same or similar/compatible motor that you could pillage for your dehumidifier) 

Looks like it.  Issue I had was that when I was searching for that earlier I was just being presented with page after page of complete fans, those passive chemical dessicant dehumidifiers etc...The words "motor" and the wattage seemed to be completely ignored...Just either blower or dehumidifier depending on which variants I was using seemed to get latched onto.

Would rather have avoided Ali Express given the last two things I tried to order from there never turned up and I never actually got a refund out of them...but that was the best part of ten years ago!  I'll have another dig later this evening when I'm at an actual computer rather than my phone, freezing my ass off in the conservatory surrounded by bits of disembowelled dehumidifier!

Garage work started well.  This happened to my circlip pliers about six minutes in:

IMG_20210129_165817.thumb.jpg.177c309aadb4375c7a6034a3d0afa621.jpg

Yep...it's just one of those days.

13 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Would rather have avoided Ali Express

found this on ebay if you dont mind paying out the nose for shipping, (amusingly branded Westinghouse LOL)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163643592669

tho the shaft looks a good deal longer then the Aliexpress motor...

galanz also looks to be another make/brand these motors go under so might be worth including that in your search terms as well

This nonsense; while the effort and perspicacity is admirable they're environmentalists who've taken a big downer on HS2, which given its likely effect on the rail network is going to be really green seems ill-informed at best(unless they're hairshirt greens who want a return to agrarian subsistence and the genocide that would entail, in which case filling in the hole is a tempting idea).

2 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

This nonsense; while the effort and perspicacity is admirable they're environmentalists who've taken a big downer on HS2, which given its likely effect on the rail network is going to be really green seems ill-informed at best(unless they're hairshirt greens who want a return to agrarian subsistence and the genocide that would entail, in which case filling in the hole is a tempting idea).

It's an interesting article which would be worthy of discussion about propaganda.  Why are they interviewing someone so young and passionate, when there are so many other protesters. Why do they make a point of her talking about her father being an environmental.protestor, and detailing her story in a way that she sounds nieve and manipulated, leaving you thinking she's part of a cult. Why do they make you think " Well yes, you want a future, but you are so stupid, you are going to be crushed to death in your badly constructed homemade tunnel, and therefore have no future"  

It's very cleverly written.  

I appear to have mice in the kitchen. Not sure how they little sods have got in. Haven't seen one but found evidence after pulling the kitchen plinths off.

I'm currently having a cup of tea and a nice sit down, as crawling around on the floor to clean under the units has knackered me. 

I'll have to make an essential journey in a bit to get some traps/bait.

35 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

I appear to have mice in the kitchen. Not sure how they little sods have got in. Haven't seen one but found evidence after pulling the kitchen plinths off.

I'm currently having a cup of tea and a nice sit down, as crawling around on the floor to clean under the units has knackered me. 

I'll have to make an essential journey in a bit to get some traps/bait.

My son had when he moved into his house - it had been empty for a year.  They were coming in through drain from the kitchen sink, or at least the hole around the waste pipe.  A can of expanding foam cured that.

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

you can choose your friends but not your family .......

FFS not needed at this time .

Tell me about it hun.  He's a dick.  Not exactly sure when he became a dick. 1992? 

58 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

Rear doors or seams near the tailgate hinges ?

Both,,,,,,, for starter's I've dug out the sealant in the roof gutters and hinge area and resealed the numerous small cracks yesterday, whipped the rear door cards off today and resiliconed the membranes, floor is soggy so threw a few of those troughs filled with absorbent media in it.  

The old sx200 Printer played up today , the yellow tank went off , so full set of full tanks later and some head cleaning with the adjustment program and all was ok 

So a quick visit to amazon and the ink supplies are drying up ! , so a ltb of some 20 ink tanks .. and look for a new printer ...

How much !!! , Is there a run on printers 

Keep the old printer working ....

Remember the old days when it was pretty much impossible to get hold of Paypal on the phone? Well, now its possible but an absolute waste of twatting time. They're just as fucking useless as they always were.

20 hours ago, MikeR said:

The old sx200 Printer played up today , the yellow tank went off , so full set of full tanks later and some head cleaning with the adjustment program and all was ok 

So a quick visit to amazon and the ink supplies are drying up ! , so a ltb of some 20 ink tanks .. and look for a new printer ...

How much !!! , Is there a run on printers 

Keep the old printer working ....

I keep meaning to replace my boring little Canon printer, but looking around, it copes with being sat unused for 3/4 months then suddenly printing an page out then back on the shelf... Not sure what other printers would do that May as well spend the £30 on a set of ink and stay safe! (after mooching around tesco incase they've still got any £30 printers...) 

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

I keep meaning to replace my boring little Canon printer, but looking around, it copes with being sat unused for 3/4 months then suddenly printing an page out then back on the shelf... Not sure what other printers would do that May as well spend the £30 on a set of ink and stay safe! (after mooching around tesco incase they've still got any £30 printers...) 

Presently trying to unblock the heads on a xp 412 all in one , 2 are done 2 to go !!

IMG_20210202_194258_493.thumb.jpg.c264c011e83f5f107c0c5da0a9e067fb.jpg

Mines got the heads in the cartridge and I think that's why I have less trouble vs expensive ink and the head being seperate. 

My granny makes cards and stuff though and swears by the Epson tank printers, but they use it every day and put gallons of hooky ink through it, they break due to heavy use with them, rather than the other way round! She's never had a clog though

My first week’s leave of two consisted of rain rain rain rain rain garage roof leaking rain rain rain shed leaking rain rain rain rain.

FFS can’t do anything on the cars as garage floor is wet, constantly pissing down with liquid precipitate, and the one break in the weather when I might get a chance to do something I’ve had to do an emergency plumbing job as the cistern in the upstairs bog didn’t stop filling - as it can be shut off letting agents don’t consider that an emergency so they’re getting my screwfix receipt as a bill.