The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Slightly self-inflicted grump, but having been without a car for a week and a half I'd realllllllly appreciate if Autodoc might bother to get my order out the door some day soon.

Yes, should have done my research first, if I'd known they've gotta get here slowtime from Germany I'd not have bothered. I feel rather thick for assuming ".co.uk" means "We have a warehouse and distribution system within the UK".

Doh.

Every news story I read seems to include in it somewhere, the phrase "mental health and well being" when it doesn't seem relevant (at least in my eyes).  

Grump over. Got to go shopping tomorrow, so will actual be able to speak to a real person, even if stood two metres away, for tye first time in 10 days. 🙂

38 minutes ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Anyone else fed up of the constant doom & gloom TV ads? If it's not animals starving, mistreatment then it's kids! Some of us are having a tough enough time with loneliness especially over the past year with out this too.

Or  am over sensitive/care to much!?i

You are not, not at all!  I'm with you all the way.

Job interview this morning.  Job sounded ideal, played beautifully to my skills, but then the bombshell - You are a contractor and it’s commission only.  That will fuck any chance of getting a mortgage for a while.  Plus ain’t nothing worse than putting in the first few months with no pay.  Or even petrol money.  I don’t think I deserve that.

Another role, perfect for me led to a rejection email as I haven’t been in the country long enough.  It would appear a year of shuffling papers around an office is more value than 25 years experience of the same sort of job.

Financial exam.  Four elements to it, two essays and two sets of questions.  Failed one of the essays due to misinterpreting the requirement.  Basically had to explain what an adviser needs to do to get authorised.  Explained in detail and failed.  Turned out the answer was as simple as “complete relevant forms and submit”.  Tutor has given me another go luckily.  Then I failed the multi choice section on one question which again is massively open to interpretation so appealing that and hopefully I will be allowed to redo it.  I wouldn’t mind so much but I have paid A LOT of money to do these exams and I get no backup whatsoever.  Tutors can only be contacted by a central portal which everyone can see.  Sometimes you just need thirty seconds on the phone which isn’t possible.  

Plus I got so caught up on redoing the essay and job applications I forgot I had a doctors appointment.  Had to pay $49 for missing it.  

Credit card company locked me out of my online account and will only send a Password reset reminder via text.  What number is on my account?  Yup, uk number.  Does it still exist?  Nope.  Can they email it?  Nope....

God I am depressed and fed up.  I only want a job in my field and am fed up with being told that my experience isn’t good enough for Christchurch.  A chunk of it is from Christchurch!  I don’t even mind stepping back a bit into a junior role but that’s not allowed either.   Mrs P is pushing me to earn so we can get a mortgage ASAP.  Junior is doing the same.  Feel like I am letting the side down  

Im getting worried about what an incredibly grumpy bastard Ive become.

1) I hate lycra clad cyclists. Its an irrational hatred borne about by a few who think that the highway code doesnt apply to them. If you are wearing normal clothes to ride I dont seem to have the same hatred towards you. Unless you are doing something dickish, like riding at night with no lights, wearing dark clothes, smoking a fag and having a conversation on your mobile.

2) I hate cyclists who have those fucking ridiculous retina burning stroboscopes attached to their bikes. I want to run them into a ditch.

3) Ive started reporting Facebook posts now with anything I dislike as having adult nudity. Mostly its foreign people posting stupid videos on selling sites of some bloke chucking a chicken down a muddy hole to catch a fish that looks like it originated in Sellafield's cooling pond. Occasionally however its people I know who post incredibly cutesy photos of their kids saying how fucking wonderful and special they are.

Further to the emergency dentist appointment from two weeks ago, I'm going back this afternoon to have the job finished off... with a root canal. Never had one before (I've had fillings, but not a root canal). Bricks are being shat, I'm nervous of dentists anyway!

1 hour ago, Soundwave said:

Further to the emergency dentist appointment from two weeks ago, I'm going back this afternoon to have the job finished off... with a root canal. Never had one before (I've had fillings, but not a root canal). Bricks are being shat, I'm nervous of dentists anyway!

As long as you are properly numbed it wont hurt - just make sure they extract all the nerves as some teeth have three. I had one where they missed a nerve and it ached like fuck for months afterwards.

1 hour ago, Soundwave said:

I find having a lady dentist helps.

They still hurt you, but you can't cry!

City F-ing Fibre.

After being utterly screwed around for days week before last by Vodafone who cancelled our new broadband order (then didn't tell us), and ending up significantly out of pocket having had to get our existing service extended by a month, as soonest they could connect us was March 2nd (original install date was 19th Jan)...they turned up half an hour ago.  Completely unannounced.

Then proceeded to complain bitterly about there being dog's mess in the garden.  Yes...we have two dogs, the only purpose that garden serves is to be their exercise space.  I clear it up regularly, but the weather's been horrible so it's been a bit longer than usual.  If they had given me even half an hour's notice I'd have made absolutely sure it was cleared and the path and area around where they'd be working was all thoroughly hosed down.  It's honestly embarrassing!  I don't take well to being scolded like I'm a five year old.

Between the farce with Vodafone and the attitude of the workers (this is the second of their crews to appear out of nowhere unannounced) I really, really wish I'd never even thought about getting our service upgraded.  I'd take great pleasure in taking my business elsewhere to demonstrate quite how pissed off I am with Vodafone if I had any choice.  That's having been with them for my mobile since 1998.  As it is I have precisely zero choice so I guess I'll be staying where I am then.  

4 hours ago, Soundwave said:

Dont worry about it, I have had two. A bit uncomfortable, but soon clears. If your dentist is a good one. 😁

17 minutes ago, robinmasters said:

Fucking news. 

I don't need to told how to feel about the news, just dispassionately present the facts. 

If they just presented the facts, the program would only last a few minutes at most.

Similarly the inaugeration of the President of America. Do they really need singers, poets, dressing up, dances, dinners et al?

2 hours ago, camryv6 said:

And you usually have a cleavage to look at !

I've noticed that I don't take in much of the weather forecast is Sarah Blizzard (brilliantbmame for a weather forecaster)  or Carol Kirkwood are presenting.  My focus is elsewhere. 

Well passed my exam with “flying colours” so that’s one problem solved.

Turned that job down.  Bouncing all over the place at night for no money, I don’t deserve that.  Basically means I won’t be able to get a mortgage so no good for me.  Feel depressed as I need a job but that was exactly the sort of thing that would have ruined my health so need to be realistic.  What’s more I spoke to a few folk about the firm and nobody had heard of them.  The only online stuff I found was a complaint about high pressure sales techniques.  Definitely best avoided as advisers shouldn’t be In a position where they have to sell something in order to eat.  That’s why Banks got hammered for ppi.

The adviser firm ran a “sales academy”.  That was my red flag.  I don’t need someone saying “come on Parky, you know the client is a red square in the house of confusion, why aren’t you converting them into a yellow circle in the garden of opportunity?”  House of confusion, fuck that sky high.

Anyway, I made fish cakes so that’s good!