The grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, omegod said:

Oh for fuck sake as if the day wasn't bad enough the wife's focus has started fucking about cutting out and losing power. I'm guessing it's the dash cluster playing up so i'd better learn to solder tonight....haven't got a soldering iron mind 😆

Do you have an electric oven?  😁

1 hour ago, omegod said:

Oh for fuck sake as if the day wasn't bad enough the wife's focus has started fucking about cutting out and losing power. I'm guessing it's the dash cluster playing up so i'd better learn to solder tonight....haven't got a soldering iron mind 😆

Next time it does it give the top of the dash a tap if it cures the issues then yes the cluster is at fault. 

2 hours ago, Craig the Princess said:

I'm calorie counting to try and lose weight.

So I'm hungry and pissed off.

I've been on a semi-vegan, low sugar, low far diet since March

Meat in only 1/2 My meals. 

3 stone lost. 

Not counted calories at all. 

DVLA.  The feckers have tried to take a VED payment for the Granvia, which I sold last month.  I transferred the exact amount of money required to cover this month's legitimate VED payments into the specific bank account I used for that purpose, and the attempt to take the payment for the Toyota has resulted in the account going overdrawn - albeit only for a few hours as the bank refused the payment.  

The reason I had to set up a separate bank account was because I kept cancelling VED direct debits when I sold vehicles, which resulted in my main bank account being blacklisted as apparently you're not supposed to do that as the direct debit automatically gets cancelled when you sell the car.  Except it obviously doesn't.  

I'm going to have to make a snotty phone call to the DVLA tomorrow.  Assuming there's anyone actually in the office at Swansea obvs.

FFS.

21 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Can you be semi-vegan?

Know what you mean though, I like to try to go meat-free for over half the week

I own Fern Cottons book The Happy Vegan.  Use it once a week at least.  Tonight we had Aubergine and lental bake but added cheese.  

3 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Step dad died this morning. Covid-related, but heart attack actually did the job. 

Only 63, that's no age. 

I wasn't close to him, but it's still shitty 

My sympathies to you and yours, such a shite time we are living in he was young 

The ballache that is buying or trying to by a house during  our current interesting*times.

5 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Step dad died this morning. Covid-related, but heart attack actually did the job. 

Only 63, that's no age. 

I wasn't close to him, but it's still shitty 

Ouch and sympathies.  

4 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Sad's do that... 

(got the correct and matched ram fitted? Did you do a clean install to the ssd or clone your old drive?) 

2 different pairs of ram, but still was cunty on one piar or t'other. It'd previously had 2 pairs mismatched 4gb sticks. 

Reinstalled windows again today and it's been better touch wood (now I've sent for a replacement sdd) 

Time will tell I guess! 

2 hours ago, timolloyd said:

Invacar?

Uh...No.  Xantia.  Which thinking about it is actually the only car I own just now which even HAS a check engine light.

Went off next time I started...Normally I'd just run over to a friend's place and have them interrogate it with Diagbox/Lexia...however that's obviously not an option just now!

I'm used to seeing the light for a couple of seconds once every few months when it throws an overboost error - but only flat out at high revs.  This came on randomly just while cruising and stayed there.  I know the battery is a bit low from lack of use, so I'm not worrying too much about it until I've fully charged the battery.  If it comes back then I'll investigate further.

On 1/5/2021 at 8:17 PM, taranaki said:

Meanwhile in New Zealand......
e3k1ipV.thumb.jpg.16ae5c0d8b798fc16031495132ae0757.jpg

We had a big get together yesterday, three families and many bottles of wine.  It’s brilliant although coming from the UK I can see how everyone here has relaxed a lot thinking it’s all over and done with.  I think Kiwis do need to be a bit more vigilant than they are being as complacency is creeping in and it only takes some fake negative tests from a visitor to trigger the whole thing again.  

On 04/01/2021 at 22:25, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Can you be semi-vegan?

Know what you mean though, I like to try to go meat-free for over half the week

Same here, we have been gradually reducing meat intake over recent years. It’s never been easier and some stuff is proper nice. My favourites are Linda McCartney burgers - proper dirty food but not, and Aldi goats cheese and red onion bakes that I could eat as a snack.

Not sure I'll upload the video.

But I'm in 3rd Lane of M1, doing 56 but struggling. Some wank in a van, licks my tail-lights and pulls into Lane 4. He cuts off a grey 3 series estate.... Which lights up like a Christmas tree, which lights? Ah, big blue fuckers.

Here's the issue, van gets infront of me no problems here.... The mother fucking wank coppers, give him a bollocking from the passenger seat. He slams on, they slam on.... They then leave him alone... I'm braking/hazard lighting still going uphill and now fucked doing 40.