The grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, Jerzy Woking said:

What a great shame the police let everyone except the organisers go, especially seeing as it is so close to one of the most infected areas in the UK.

And I would imagine the attendees have been to many of the events in and around East London that took place.

I just wish the police had the resources to have fined everyone of the fuckers there £10,000, but I suppose potentially mixing with covid infected others, they will pass on the virus to their families and friends quite happily. There are not enough expletives in the world to express my utter contempt for every single one of them. Cunts will have to do for now. 

I wish we could exempt them from public funded medical treatment. 

Got covid have you, need a hospital bed do you? Nah m8 its all a hoax. NEXT!

27 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55513167

2500 attended a rave in France, despite lockdowns and curfews. Police fined those that found leaving. Including some Brits.

The world is going mad.

Had two huge house parties within a street of ours.  Have been dozens of people coming and going since before Christmas daily.

Police did appear to one of them on NYE.  Quiet reigned for about ten minutes then they just picked up as if nothing had happened.

Folks around here just don't seem to give a damn.

No idea if this is the place for this but i need a car rant.

Bought a lowish milege mazda2 summer last year and all was good. until new years eve the window regulator decided it doesnt want do do its thing anymore and keep my window open. so took the door card off to try bodge it up. that is now done with much tape but need clips for the door card.

Last night at 3am the alarm decides it want to alert me of fuck all.  so i went to just disconnect the battery to make it shut up until the morning. but the fastenerto the battery connecter decided to snap. at least its disconnected but need get new ones.

Its little things that piss me off and making me want to either sell it or just scrap it//

Rant over

Golf has been a bit slow to start the last couple of weeks.  Thought it might be time for a new battery eventually.  Went out this afternoon, parked up with lights on and the fan on for 15 minutes looking at the sea and it was really, really slow to start with the doors locking and unlocking.  Got it going.  Decided I needed a new battery, stat so went to Halfrauds.

Now I know they're not the most competitive price wise* but for a basic Pb with a 3-year guarantee it was £93 fucking quid.  Decided to pony up for the Ca with a 4-year guarantee for £104 but the last time I replaced the battery (four and a half years ago) it was £70-odd.  Fuck's sake.

• Mrs6C changed the title to The grumpy thread

Kitchen drain backed up overnight and refused to flow.

Tried all manner of things, nothing wanted to work. Ended up pulling the deck up outside and having a look at the grease trap.

20210103_094120.thumb.jpg.afb41dfc672e1d5e9ba73e791a74b920.jpg

Lurrrrvly. Yes, that smells just as bad as you imagine.

20210103_095233.thumb.jpg.9b337c196a9b0b321eeb89f7482716a6.jpg

Cleared it out and got it flowing again. Christmas dinner and everything down it coupled with a sudden cold snap meant it congealed solid.

In plunging it, I managed to break the old plug hole, which cracked around the thread. Beat that with chisels and got it out.

20210103_122041.thumb.jpg.19ee3aecfc457e95cf6fe7b9beddb45e.jpg

Got a shiny new stainless steel plug hole. Need to get another because the left sink now looks like shit with the old one missing all the chrome.

Oh well. I'm now going to scrub myself raw to try get rid of this smell. I hate drains.

Phil

Edit:

Old chrome over brass plughole which turns out was close to fracturing anyway.

20210103_144940.thumb.jpg.5674a3887cc7a6fd449960c1d6e56dcb.jpg

Another $22 at the hardware store and the drains match- I wouldn't have bothered but they were different lengths and it was putting the plumbing on the piss.

20210103_151728.thumb.jpg.f2022eced57ca57bbae1559d8a41c397.jpg

What an arseache.

Dont put grease down the drain, or toilet, you had what they call a "fatburg" ! I put my leftover cooking grease in an old tin, or jamjar, then put it in with the rubbish. Never get fatburg trouble. Only trouble I do get is that every so often I have to dismantle the sink's drain and clean it out, cos it stinks. Dont know why.

First day of a weeks leave, lots of plans but just gone to move the fiesta and BOING ! bastard coil spring has snapped, I have a spring but don't have compressors and it's undriveable so I've put a shout out on the local facebook for a mobile mechanic.  It's too cold to be a tight arse 

Injections have changed.  It is common nowadays to not feel them at all, especially vaccines, and sometimes people are convinced it was not done.

There are ways to help yourself.  It goes in the shoulder, not the arm, so wear a tee shirt that you can hold  up and reveal the complete shoulder. Then let your arm hang, relax the muscles.  That means the person doing the injecting is not struggling to find the deltoid (?)  Muscle. That struggle to hold up clothing and give vaccine at the same time drives nurses mad.

Ant vacc , anti mask and  hoax believers are frightened people.  They really depress me.  Trust the medics, go with it.

6 hours ago, bobdisk said:

Dont put grease down the drain, or toilet, you had what they call a "fatburg" ! I put my leftover cooking grease in an old tin, or jamjar, then put it in with the rubbish. Never get fatburg trouble. Only trouble I do get is that every so often I have to dismantle the sink's drain and clean it out, cos it stinks. Dont know why.

I pour any out into the garden, insects and bacteria take care of it.

That said, I get very little, mostly from fried eggs.

Wipe the pan out with paper towels that go in the bin.

I tip waste cooking oil into the kids pull-ups in the bin. Soaks it in just great. I can imagine in 590 years time during a landfill archeological dig they find one and proceed to explain how it's evidence of the high fat diet consumed by children around the turn of the century.

2 hours ago, bobdisk said:

Look on eBay for "car spring compressors" There is several there under £20 that will do your job Will be cheaper than a mobile mechanic, and you will still have a tool to keep.

Honestly I cannot be arsed in this cold :) I need it rolling asap so couldn't wait for compressors to be delivered, also springs scare me somewhat !!

8 hours ago, bobdisk said:

I don't. Most of that is soapy crap from the dishwasher.

Phil

5 hours ago, omegod said:

First day of a weeks leave, lots of plans but just gone to move the fiesta and BOING ! bastard coil spring has snapped, I have a spring but don't have compressors and it's undriveable so I've put a shout out on the local facebook for a mobile mechanic.  It's too cold to be a tight arse 

Facebook mechanic turned up and was an absolute fucking nutter, flat earther with some unbelievable conspiracy theories and apparently parliament is getting burned down imminently. If he's not on a watch list I'd be very surprised! 

Did a decent job changing the spring though :) 

Oh for fuck sake as if the day wasn't bad enough the wife's focus has started fucking about cutting out and losing power. I'm guessing it's the dash cluster playing up so i'd better learn to solder tonight....haven't got a soldering iron mind 😆

49 minutes ago, omegod said:

Oh for fuck sake as if the day wasn't bad enough the wife's focus has started fucking about cutting out and losing power. I'm guessing it's the dash cluster playing up so i'd better learn to solder tonight....haven't got a soldering iron mind 😆

@omegod I’ve got one you can use.

5 hours ago, Crispian_J_Hotson said:

I tip waste cooking oil into the kids pull-ups in the bin. Soaks it in just great. I can imagine in 590 years time during a landfill archeological dig they find one and proceed to explain how it's evidence of the high fat diet consumed by children around the turn of the century.

I am an archaeologist and I think that is entirely plausible. What happens is that everything has meaning ascribed to it, so you get lovely little occurrences like a collection of hazelnut nuts buried in the ground getting interpreted as 'evidence of nut hoarding activity' rather than the more prosaic 'evidence of squirrels'. 

1 hour ago, omegod said:

Do you have an electric oven?  😁

1 hour ago, omegod said:

Next time it does it give the top of the dash a tap if it cures the issues then yes the cluster is at fault. 

2 hours ago, Craig the Princess said:

I'm calorie counting to try and lose weight.

So I'm hungry and pissed off.

I've been on a semi-vegan, low sugar, low far diet since March

Meat in only 1/2 My meals. 

3 stone lost. 

Not counted calories at all.