The grumpy thread

outlaw118

8 minutes ago, Vince70 said:

I’m just in a state of shock as I pop round most mornings for a cuppa to see  my father and we put the world to rights and yesterday morning my father hurt his arm and said he didn’t feel that good and collapsed on the floor.

I called an ambulance and he was talking away merrily to the paramedics and 4 hours later I get a phone call from hospital saying that my dad was seriously ill.

So I went to the hospital and managed to get in and see him and he looked terrible so stayed with him as long as they would let me till he got moved to a ward.

At 5 this morning I get a phone call so I went down with my mum and he was in a coma and I held his hand and then he passed away at 7am 

All that started it off was a cut on his elbow that turned to sepsis the day before and I’m just wondering if this is just a nightmare as I was only talking to him yesterday.

Jeez that is awful, so sorry to hear that.

Just now, Mr Pastry said:

I'm so sorry to hear that mate.  It will take a while to get your head around it.  Concentrate on looking after your mum,  you can help each other.

Thanks mate 

I’m staying over my mother’s and I just can’t get my head around that I’m sorting my Dads funeral out today.

The hospital was wonderful and the nurse came up to me and held my hand as I was holding my dads.

Sorry to hear the news Vince, I recently lost my mum. Given I'm 40 and meant to be an "adult" I still have a cry every now and again.

And as mental as it makes me sound (I'm fully prepared to accept I am) I talk to her picture every day. I just wish I could talk to her properly.

Sorry to hear that Vince makes my grumpy a little first world but Samsung, the new black combi oven looks great all bar the bright yellow sticker on the top telling me it might be hot! I know it might get hot I am an adult and it is an oven. At least make the sticker easy to remove rather than half an hours work and half a bottle of white spirit.   🤬

Vince.. very sad news, and I hope you and everyone affected are doing OK.

My grump.  Dentist today, discovered I need a root canal, tooth rebuild and a crown.  £££FuckMeHowMuch??  Might have to find an NHS dentist to do that.  That said, I almost don't care how much it costs, I'm just absolutely bricking it for the anesthetic injection.  Fuck my boots that shit hurts.  Once done, the dental work will be fine*, but getting the injection is going to be absolute hell.

And no, I'm not being a big girl's blouse about it.  I've blacked out from the pain of an injection before now.  Needles and me do not get on.  I'm not scared of them, they just fucking hurt!

i got given some alexa thing for xmas from my little sister.

today i have taken it outta the box and plugged it in.

then fucked about for an hour getting it to connect to the interwebs wifi thing,

and fucked on for another hour getting the password reset on the amazon account which i never, ever use, 

cos, well amazon is i think shit, i use ebay if i want something,

to then find out that this thing doesn't do anything, much.

it is it seems just some pointless clock, and i have several of them already!

me mam has one, "it can do alarms" she says, like say, an alarm clock. I've already got one of them.

and it will play the radio (it doesn't), just like, erm, the radio i already have, 

and it can play music, oh, just like the CD/cassette/turntable machines that i also already own.... execpt of course, it doesn't.

what an utterly pointless, useless piece of shit. 

it'll end up back in its box, on top of the wardrobe for sometime, before it ends up in the bin.

dunno what it cost, but our Catherine was done! and no wonder that Bezozs fella has more money than a god.

23 minutes ago, jonathan_dyane said:

@Talbot Have you considered just getting it pulled out? Perhaps not helpful advice if it’s round the front but worthy of consideration.

Were it an inconspicuous one, I would absolutely do so.  Unfortunately it's front-and-centre.  I either get a root canal, or I have it extracted and an implant put in, which is even more expensive (and sounds even more painful).

I've practically begged my dentist to have it done under general anesthetic.  They absolutely will not do so.  Fucksticks.

I'm sure I saw a program a few years back about dental tourism with people traveling over to eastern Europe to have work done at a fraction of the cost of the UK.  Wonder if that's still a thing.