The grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 12/22/2020 at 2:33 PM, Spiny Norman said:

Last time I was in a National Tyres in Glasgow the staff had their junkie mates in smoking weed in the workshop and they left huge oily footprints all over the car's pale grey carpets. 

They make Kwikfit look like a professional organisation.

They took a day and a half to fit two tyres for me once, will never use them again. Bunch of inept cunts. Which branch was it?

3 hours ago, Fumbler said:

Our Christmas present from the government is moving from tier 2 to tier 4 on Boxing Day. College is going into tier 3 at the same time which invalidates the plans and advice they sent me yesterday. Great...

2 hours ago, High Jetter said:

We're going from T3 to T4 as well. Not a significant change in our household, but less customers at work, going by previous lockdowns.

Oh yeah, well we’re already in tier 4 so there. Beat ya!

Haynes are stopping publishing their infamous books of lies.....

Since John Haynes died the company has been sold out to some outfit what does publishing on line only, so no more paper books.

I cannot help thinking that the writings been on the wall for a while for the HBoL.

especially given how there isn't one for that avensis thing we bought.

but repair books on line, well that won't  fly, at least not for me.

having to deal with a broken car, and something on the fuckin' interweb, AT THE SAME TIME??

well that will not end well, not end well at all.

On 12/21/2020 at 7:11 PM, sierraman said:

At work we’ve got a WhatsApp group, I’ve left it today because I’m absolutely sick to death of the constant news feed about what’s not working for someone or ‘how do I do this’. It’s boring and adds nothing to my life whatsoever, I’ve got WhatsApp to keep in touch with friends and family not a constant ticker of boring work updates. 

Ours is a bit more sensible. During the last trip away -

"What bar are you guys in?"

"The one by the restaurant"

"Is it any good?"

"Buy one, get one free beer"

"That sounds good"

"You should pop over"

"But I like the one with the comfy sofas better"

"Why, is the beer cheap?"

"No. But its full of Russian hookers"

"Order a round, we'll be there in 2 minutes"

8 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I am still struggling to work out how a number plate can be four-dimensional.  I mean quantum physics isn't my strong point, but even so...

I think they travel though time as well as having raised lettering.

I think it's more to do with Relativity than quantum physics... Like if you drive fast enough they flatten out with Lorenz contraction and actually slow down in time.

UK house sale didn’t complete yesterday as my solicitors office decided to close early because Covid.  So new completion date is mid January.

What annoys me is the buyers solicitor did nothing for six weeks and then hit us with a load of questions and comments, one of which was concern that they couldn’t find the original planning permission for our Estate from 1999.  I pointed out that the local council had probably noticed 5000 dwellings appear on their land and considering many of the local councillors lived there they should be aware it was there.  Plus where the fuck was all this council tax revenue coming from?  That alone cost a fortnight.  

Selling and buying here is so much easier.  I accepted my buyers offer in August and here we are still unsettled.  It takes about three weeks here.

Yup, took us nearly ten months to close on this place because the sellers were back and forth with their bank trying to get out of bankruptcy.

Also grumpy because awake at 3am because huge thunderstorm that's physically shaking the house, I can feel the wall shake with each crash of thunder.

Last week l treated myself to a pair of Sony Bluetooth earbud headphones 

they were in the charging case in my pocket  , I got in the van, as I drove off they fell out of my pocket  into the footwell 

I got out , picked it up and put it on the seat 

20 minutes later I open the case and it’s empty , found one one the floor , the other one is gone , must’ve fell out onto the floor and I didn’t notice 

I paid for them on my credit card , I’ve not even had the bill yet 

3 hours ago, PhilA said:

Yup, took us nearly ten months to close on this place because the sellers were back and forth with their bank trying to get out of bankruptcy.

Last time I sold a house the buyers used an online only solicitor who was a pain in the arse , whenever my solicitor emailed them they’d reply by post, they never answered the phone either 

it took weeks because every email was a 3 day reply , in the end I gave them a week to complete or I was fucking them off , the guy had to do a 200 mile round trip and bang on their door because they wouldn’t answer the phone  but an angry Polish guy shouting at them on their doorstep  sorted it out 

14 minutes ago, Wack said:

Last week l treated myself to a pair of Sony Bluetooth earbud headphones 

they were in the charging case in my pocket  , I got in the van, as I drove off they fell out of my pocket  into the footwell 

I got out , picked it up and put it on the seat 

20 minutes later I open the case and it’s empty , found one one the floor , the other one is gone , must’ve fell out onto the floor and I didn’t notice 

I paid for them on my credit card , I’ve not even had the bill yet 

for that reason or being flat when needed ,I never bought a set

stuck with the plug in wired variety......

Last week the Mrs. discovered smoke coming out of the rubbish chute in her block of flats. Nice men came and put it out. Last night there's lots of nee naws as the rubbish chute is on fire again.

Once is an accident, twice is some idiot starting fires for fun* :(

21 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

Last week the Mrs. discovered smoke coming out of the rubbish chute in her block of flats. Nice men came and put it out. Last night there's lots of nee naws as the rubbish chute is on fire again.

Once is an accident, twice is some idiot starting fires for fun* :(

Ffs, block of flats and fires don't mix. 

There "should" be a full police investigation into that and very lengthy jail terms etc if convictions.

Reality will most likely be somewhat different.

47 minutes ago, Agila said:

Ffs, block of flats and fires don't mix. 

There "should" be a full police investigation into that and very lengthy jail terms etc if convictions.

Reality will most likely be somewhat different.

They’ve spent millions covering the country in cctv but they don’t appear to catch anyone with it , do you recognise this man from this 12 pixel photo 

they also don’t seem to understand it’s worth catching these twats when they’re young , give them a taste of life behind bars and some of them might not progress to  life of crime 

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

for that reason or being flat when needed ,I never bought a set

stuck with the plug in wired variety......

Phone hasn’t got a plug , I’m proper pissed off about losing it , emptied the van out this morning in case it’d pinged off somewhere 

1 hour ago, Wack said:

They’ve spent millions covering the country in cctv but they don’t appear to catch anyone with it , do you recognise this man from this 12 pixel photo 

they also don’t seem to understand it’s worth catching these twats when they’re young , give them a taste of life behind bars and some of them might not progress to  life of crime 

They're in the middle of fitting a sprinkler system and upgrading the CCTV / building access. Twats just appear to be trying to destroy things while they still can.

Last week also had the stairs doubling as a horror film set. Floor 5 downwards had blood smeared down the right hand wall, then a splat of blood in the centre of the landing wall, smear down the next wall etc. Like someone had a spurting artery and was running / falling down 5 floors of stairs.

On the bright side the council have evicted / secured the flat of the druggie on floor 5 today. Merry Christmas you bastard!

Fuck's sake Cadburys, it's only Christmas Eve...

1284370088_IMG_20201224_1438312.thumb.jpg.bf88ba6d779b06df9e979e6b1696acd2.jpg

This is why I'm glad I'm out of retail. The second they can't flog any more selection boxes, then it's straight off to the next calendar event, guns blazing...

See also: TV suddenly flips from fruitlessly attempting to warm the cockles of my cold, black heart with cutesy family fun in the snow and increasingly opaque ads for fragrance, to waving foreign holiday bookings at me. Just no.

Happy Easter, everyone.

14 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

This is why I'm glad I'm out of retail. The second they can't flog any more selection boxes, then it's straight off to the next calendar event, guns blazing...

See also: TV suddenly flips from fruitlessly attempting to warm the cockles of my cold, black heart with cutesy family fun in the snow and increasingly opaque ads for fragrance, to waving foreign holiday bookings at me. Just no.

Happy Easter, everyone.

Surprised you did not spot the suncream in aisle 5. Anyway, just be grateful that we narrowly missed a shortage of Christmas lettuce.

39 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Happy Easter, everyone.

It's been the same since TV was invented

I can remember the boxing day holiday adverts in the early 70s  , looking longingly at exotic foreign destinations as my dad flicked through the Butlins brochure 

I can even remember the phone number

Diss 4111 , which shows you how long ago it was 

To be fair though I loved butlins as a kid , my sister and I had free roam of the park , everything free , our parents used to go for a "sleep" in the afternoon. It wasn't until I had kids of my own I realised what they were doing, any opportunity for time alone had to be taken