The grumpy thread

outlaw118

33 minutes ago, MikeR said:

10000  mobile minutes in 3 weeks ...

333 minutes a week 

5 and a half hours a week gabbing ..could u gab for a whole afternoon ? 

And has had a busy day !!!

And wants me to up the safety buffer up  and add more call time .

Why me , Because I pay the bill ..

Bloody phones ....... 

I've just checked my Samsung s9 that I bought in June 2018. It's on over 1000 hours. No wonder the battery is knackered. 99% of it is calling my Mrs and only Monday to Friday.

Screenshot_20201214-210159_Phone.jpg

15 hours ago, wuvvum said:

No.  That's probably the key.

Yeah, it's a culture thing.  If they don't understand talk louder. If they still don't understand, shout. If they still don't understand, beat them and return them to thier homeland.  It's like they are British from.the 1960s, but on steroids. 

14 hours ago, MikeR said:

10000  mobile minutes in 3 weeks ...

333 minutes a week 

5 and a half hours a week gabbing ..could u gab for a whole afternoon ? 

And has had a busy day !!!

And wants me to up the safety buffer up  and add more call time .

Why me , Because I pay the bill ..

Bloody phones ....... 

Your wife always WhatsApps her sister.  I assume that's using your unlimited WiFi?  

14 hours ago, Agila said:

I've just checked my Samsung s9 that I bought in June 2018. It's on over 1000 hours. No wonder the battery is knackered. 99% of it is calling my Mrs and only Monday to Friday.

Screenshot_20201214-210159_Phone.jpg

Oooh I didn't know they had that menu! 81 hours on mine! (shot up for lockdown). I've probably tripled or quadrupled that time on teams and WhatsApp calls though! 

BT Email.

Used to be managed by Yahoo! and was never all that great.  BT took it over a few months ago and it has become far worse.

No filters, everything dumped in the in box.

Replies treated as separate items rather than a continuous 'conversation'.

Worse - type a line, hit enter, type some more - nothing there :(

You have to hit enter twice to type any more.  I have typed whole paragraphs only to find nothing there - I don't touch type unfortunately.

All Vaux - improvements are shite

I'm in isolation until my op on Friday so I decided to replace the fiesta's cambelt and waterpump. 

It all went pretty smoothly save for a broken bolt someone had left me for the coolant reservoir. 

Oh wait this is the grump thread isn't it? 

Yes well after boxing the whole fucking thing back up, I found out the new water pump or gasket leaks. 

Fucketyfuckfuckcuntfuckcuntybollockcuntingtwatcunt.

Grimsby fucking Town, what on earth is going on.

One minute they're courting convicted fucking criminals, the "non chairman" has to quit his place as a local Tory councillor  and now they're losing to the team at the bottom of the league.

You couldn't make this shit up.

Welsh secondary schools are closed to pupils. Except  vulnerable ones. Some of these kids have no-one who really takes an interest. So I thought I’d be a nice bloke, and took a few of them for a kick about on our astroturf with one of the deputy heads.

Of course damp astroturf and doc martens are not the best combo and I fell over... hard... now my arm is in a sling... great! 

13 hours ago, iainrcz said:

they're losing to the team at the bottom of the league.

SHRIMPAAAAAAHHHHHHHHZZZZZZ

To be fair SUFC are utterly shit, no money, no decent players and a manager who'd struggle in non league.

Last night was the first back to back win since late 2018 IIRC.

National League next season. #martinout

SHRIMPAAAAAAHHHHHHHHZZZZZZ
To be fair SUFC are utterly shit, no money, no decent players and a manager who'd struggle in non league.
Last night was the first back to back win since late 2018 IIRC.
National League next season. #martinout
Gtfc are basically the pound shop equivalent of a football team.
The team that got us promoted would muller this current bunch.
In fact I'd probably get in the current team, and I'm 40 and fat.

As you have said the warning signs are there.
No contact address. No VAT number, No company details in the T&Cs either. I done a who is that that did not give any clues as to the ownership of the website either.
What was the BBC article? have you a link to that?
A Companies House search turns up a very recently incorporated company with just one director, who's name seems not to be linked to Bristol (the registered office address) nor anything to do with retailing homewares...

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12896794

Get Roger Cook on her ass...

3 hours ago, chodweaver said:

A Companies House search turns up a very recently incorporated company with just one director, who's name seems not to be linked to Bristol (the registered office address) nor anything to do with retailing homewares...

A good plan, had Rog not been deceased for several years!

Pictures , I do my yearly back up soon ...

Copies to dvd ,dvd,HDD,HDD, . And some other drives ,all spread around the property ,some 20 years of pictures .

But first the batch reduction to 1k max height or width to reduce storage footprint .   12 months of piccys to do ! 

Currently in the middle of self-isolation so can't go out anywhere, the house is fucking freezing. Mum brought round some nets of firewood from the garden centre so we can have a fire, I think they must have been keeping it in a pond because it's wetter than fresh cut wood! I'm trying to find a proper firewood supplier that I can go and pick up a few nets of kiln dried logs from but they all only offer delivery of quite large quantities that I have nowhere dry to store. Hopefully the water hasn't penetrated all the way through and they dry in a few days, we've had some luck drying the less damp ones on the fire at least but some are too far gone for that.

My daughter works part time in Spoons while doing an MA and told us that people are ordering the cheapest "substantial meal" they can as well as three pints or whatever and then just leaving it. Obviously can't be donated to anyone who could use it so just gets thrown away. How awful...

On 12/16/2020 at 3:29 PM, chodweaver said:

The same person is also a person who is connected this this company.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12851424

On 9/26/2020 at 12:38 PM, MikeR said:

after getting another run of scam calls last week I engaged the bt call blocker , it has been quiet since .... !

She's still getting 3-4 a week , I'm blocking them but it's like playing whack a mole , they seem to have a never ending supply of alternate numbers , they've cottoned on to withheld numbers getting blocked 

10 minutes ago, New POD said:

does not inspirer much confidence in either company.

23 hours ago, chaseracer said:

A good plan, had Rog not been deceased for several years!

Using all my powers of investigating journalism that the man himself would be proud of. I've only gone and managed to track him down.  Not only that he's fairly cheap, for between 2.5k and 5k he is available for "security and law".

Maybe we can get justice after all. Hurrah.

Also available Littlewood and MacIntyre as back up dancers should Rog not be up to it anymore.

"Book Roger Cook | Host & Presenter | NMP Live Agency" https://www.nmplive.co.uk/roger-cook

16.24.  I finish work at 16.30, then I'm on site tomorrow and then we have Christmas off.  I can sign off the phones at 16.25.  I sit there with my finger over the 'sign out' button.  My brow narrows.  Sweat from my forehead drips onto the keyboard. 16.24.50, 16.54.51... Ring!  Ring!  Ring! 'Hello, IT...' ffs.