The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just the other day I parked my car outside of my flat for about an hour and a half while I was having dinner, and someone dinged the bloody bootlid. Still pissed off about it. Car lasts 25 years without body damage and then it gets dinged within a week of me buying it. No idea how that sort of damage could even occur either. Gonna have to paint the spoiler now. ?

IMG_20200613_160513.jpg

PBIS... go fuck yourselves.  I have insured the TR7 engined Toledo with these cunts for about 3 years now, declaring the engine change. Now they decide that they don't want to provide cover at all. Go fuck yourselves. Been waiting since 9.30 to hear back.

I will never ever use these cunts again if they are the last insurance company in the universe. 

I now have an uninsured car on the road, no room in the lock up as there is an engine hoist in there with the other Toledo engine swinging from it. 

Anyone want a 4 door Toledo.

Am utterly sick of the whole fucking classic car bollocks. 

On 6/21/2020 at 8:47 AM, ruffgeezer said:

Spent some time yesterday looking at my neighbour's Boxster.

It seems he forgot to pop the bonnet before it was laid up.

This wouldn't normally be an issue as it has the peg for attaching a jump lead to in order to unlock the car and pop the catch, only on this one the central locking is goosed so it refuses to open the bonnet still.

I also tried charging it though the 12v socket to no avail.

My next plan is to pull the carpet and firewall panel off and see if I can attach a trickle charger directly to the alternator.

There should be a wire cable tucked behind the front bumper you can pull to release the bonnet latch.

17 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

And so it begins.  I've been representing members (online) through redundancy consultation meetings every day for the past week, and they show no sign of letting up.

Disciplinaries?  They never stopped...

?

Any jobs going? Would be something I would like to do in the future. Not pleasant at times like these I know but you do a lot of good mate.

Getting fucked off with work the last week.  I'm still working full-time from home, doing my full job remotely and treating it like I'm in the office.  Taking breaks at the usual times and usual lengths and doing my usual workload.  Not so my immediate colleagues, it would seem.  I keep picking up the slack and sorting out their mistakes.  I made a couple of my own the other day because I was stressed out but I've got back on it.  My boss only points it out to me because it's unusual that I do.

Going back in next Tuesday and suddenly the rest of my team are going to have to pick it the fuck up when I'm not doing my 'usual' job for a bit.  A few of us are going back on site to get things ready for a full-time return and I won't be doing my normal job...

4 hours ago, purplebargeken said:

PBIS... go fuck yourselves.  I have insured the TR7 engined Toledo with these cunts for about 3 years now, declaring the engine change. Now they decide that they don't want to provide cover at all. Go fuck yourselves. Been waiting since 9.30 to hear back.

I will never ever use these cunts again if they are the last insurance company in the universe. 

I now have an uninsured car on the road, no room in the lock up as there is an engine hoist in there with the other Toledo engine swinging from it. 

Anyone want a 4 door Toledo.

Am utterly sick of the whole fucking classic car bollocks. 

Sorry am not closer to you, could clear a bit of driveway. Surely another insurer would take you on?

Took the modern to WBAC yesterday and moved it on for a decent enough price. So does all my paperwork and there is a couple of chaps my age waiting. They are getting rid of their recently deceased dads  almera. 1.5 petrol 51 plate. So gets chatting and it was owned by the dad since new , serviced and mot every year at same village garage. 45,000 miles. Usual giffer dints and scrapes but sounded fine and overall not bad at all. So quick plan in my head was to hang around see what they get offered and gazump dealer with better offer. So get that sell celica and have back up four door cheap motor for tip and general messing about with. Anyway dealer takes forever and I give chao my number has I have to go . I say I will give him £230.00 cos that's what was mentioned. So WBAC offer him £250.00 and his mum accepts because she didn't want any messing and car gone. Fair enough says I.  But kicking myself now that I should have offered £300.00 . Never mind. It will appear on a bomb site dealers soon for £995.00 

Weather's really annoying me today. Was looking forward to taking one of me sheds out all week, and now after a lovely morning there seems to be a storm every 2 hours or so. So just as it starts to dry out to a point where I start to think I might be able to go for a drive it starts absolutely pissing down again. 

Finding it difficult not to start swearing at this point.

Well that has been a pretty mixed weekend. Had a great automotive weekend (I will update my thread with that) but on Thursday one of my best friends, and fellow car nut, aged early 50s was killed in an accident at work :-( Within the last few minutes another friend has phoned to say his mother, a lovely lady of 88 and whom I have known for over 30 years, died at the beginning of the week (not COVID related). I have to go back offshore tomorrow so cannot go to either funeral, even if allowed.

Puts things in perspective and I am definitely grumpy.

Oh Brother! 

About 10 days ago I posted on this thread about my car getting a scratch along the nearside front and rear door. Overnight I appear to have received a matching one down the offside. Same circumstances - had to park on the kerbside outside my block of flats.

There is a car park round the back of the flats that I use but when it's either full or idiot neighbours or visitors insist on parking 1.5 car lengths from one another then it's kerbside only. This time I was more considerate of not obstructing the pavement as much as I did previously yet some scrote still decided to put deep scratches on it. It's impossible to park solely on the road as cars can't enter and exit the car park. 

As I said on my previous post, I hope that the arsehole gets some karma delivered to him/her. 

Just as well it's a car worth little. Seriously thinking about moving. I wish that houses and bungalows with off road parking didn't cost so bloody much to rent. 

Fuckers!

FFS no matter how many times I change my PayPal password I get a payment every now and then at random I get a log into my account onto an Android device.

I do not own any android devices. We use a secure VPN. I only ever use PayPal on my Mac, and running any security programs results in no threats. It doesn't matter what the program is, my PayPal gets activity I have not authorised. Ebay - no. Online banking - no. Other sensitive information websites I use - no.

methinks time to shut the PayPal down. Wife doesn't have this issue.

17 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

FFS no matter how many times I change my PayPal password I get a payment every now and then at random I get a log into my account onto an Android device.

I do not own any android devices. We use a secure VPN. I only ever use PayPal on my Mac, and running any security programs results in no threats. It doesn't matter what the program is, my PayPal gets activity I have not authorised. Ebay - no. Online banking - no. Other sensitive information websites I use - no.

methinks time to shut the PayPal down. Wife doesn't have this issue.

Have you set up 2FA on PayPal?  Really would recommend doing so.

49 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Have you set up 2FA on PayPal?  Really would recommend doing so.

I have done now. I think it's where for some reason I can't change my account e-mail address from my old hotmail account to my quite secure iCloud account. I don't ever receive any confirmation that I have added a new e-mail address and the online chat with PayPal can't work out why either, hence close account

the fuggin' useless wankers that are the BBC,

the  last few months the cornerstone of my day has been Father Brown on an afternoon.

get up,house jobs done, shopping and or cleaning, then dinner with Father Brown. 

now its some shitbag game show. and i hate game shows.

ok, i have the distinct feeling that some of the ones i have seen recently,i have seen before.

but Malaga  Files and even Shakespeare and Hathaway would have sufficed.

but anothe rshitty game show!!! thanks very much BBC,for fuckin' nothing.

rubbish like that isn't worth the license fee......

This might be a deja vu post but fuck Anxiety. 

2 to 3 high level anxiety attacks per day is getting tiring. 

One of these days I'll have an actual heart attack and I won't notice because I always get chest pains. 

I've tried meds in the past but I end up sluggish and ineffective at work, so that's a no go. 

It's not as if anything in particular is wrong in my life either.