The grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 6/16/2020 at 7:52 PM, puddlethumper said:

No more Classic Van and Pick-up. I am well pissed off. Really looked forward to it.

I had a terrible feeling it wouldn't last long after Ted died.  He had been editor so long it was practically his own magazine.  I had a lovely big feature in there about Tomato, the red Metro van I brought back from Cyprus.

I have been trying to give away half a dozen small logs for over a week. They’re nice and straight so ideal for turning; just need seasoning. Loads of where are you/too far away, no responses and impatient dicks who send a message at 2am and expect their reply by 2:02am.

Also today is the only day this week madam isn’t working to give me chance to change the coolant on the Toyota. It’s pissing down and the garage Fills with water like a bastard when it’s like this. So I now need to find something to do inside that isn’t hoovering. Or laundry.

2 week old kettle has also gone pop.

Also the capitalisation is up the creek on the mobile version of this site. New line and neither my phone nor kindle auto capitalise. Move the cursor and they auto capitalise the next word. Gets on my Hampton.

Oh, and the front garden has become a turf war battleground between 3 neighbourhood cats. There’s bit of fur, dig marks, cat shit and a strong smell of cat piss in the corner of the wall where the hedge was, because these three cats are continually marking it as their territory.

What do my wife’s cats do? Stay indoors sleeping and not protect their territory the useless twats.

Cats can all just fuck off. Dog owners have to take responsibility for their pet’s actions, so should cat owners.

And someone keeps throwing fag butts in the garden as well. I expected this at my previous house with Wayne & Waynetta over the way; not where I am now. (I have a suspicion I know who is doing it, it’s catching them I need to work on)

9 hours ago, Crackers said:

Second year running I've failed to get into an apprenticeship.

What industry are you looking to get into?

Have you got any qualifications / pretty decent results?

Draft up a C.V and get using them feet, a friend of mine was able to finish off his final years of an apprenticeship by doing this, after the company he worked for went belly up. 

His new manager liked the way he "Got out and showed how much he wanted it" ... by that he openly admitted getting off his ass and physically handing in a well scripted C.V, showed he didn't just want to sit on his ass and fire a few Emails.

Show them what you have, and how badly you want it too ... Good luck, 

I think that on top of the reopening of schools imminently and being one of two senior leaders tasked with planning the reopening (a mammoth task in a school of 1500 kids), being contacted from 8am til 10pm each day boss for updates, knowing staff and pupil safety rests in how well I plan the reopening, and knowing that staff are relying on me for exactly what to do with the kids whilst they’re in... life’s pretty stressful just now! 

It’ll be ok though! 

Oh great, I now have a big scratch down the near side of my Almera. :angry: As if it didn't look shed like enough with the brown tape around the wings.   mirrors.

No proof of who did the deed. I hope the culprit(s) get a big dose of karma. A shitty time to do it too as my dad passed away 13 days ago. 

Making me think twice about getting a better car. 

On 6/18/2020 at 1:00 PM, mitsisigma01 said:

Show us more 

Here it is as found, when it was offered to me by a fellow member of the local classic car club...

1846878976_Camdump1111.thumb.jpg.b0db85a5769f1b4fc025c623bf4a5160.jpg

And here it is at mine.  Obviously I was going to have it!     A rust-free Metro van with a 1275 engine and 16,000 on the clock?  No question.

1039519796_Camdump1114.thumb.jpg.d4c11def26d03c35acb2be62e0bcaca3.jpg

1881074989_Camdump1115.thumb.jpg.7f3849ce589d84e0b0b3636ed6da1707.jpg

Parked at Paphos Harbour when we went out for lunch...

2045942731_Camdump1137.thumb.jpg.196eab7232c3fcef290a19dee82c14e1.jpg

Soon after, this happened (I say soon, the container took six weeks to get here)...

341957870_Camdump1146.thumb.jpg.ee36f3be42ba20ef5147a69a31147855.jpg

Which led to this...

1163495589_Camdump1147.thumb.jpg.ec69b450aa362a3a2c3a3eee0fb2212b.jpg

And this...

1309466305_Camdump1150.thumb.jpg.80a36b411ad7ad0fce658dd22bea4fc8.jpg

And even this...

282034033_Camdump1153.thumb.jpg.201447072bb967d2e941437931450f75.jpg

First time it ever saw snow!  At least as far as I know... they don't get much snow over there.  Sadly, it got broken into while parked in the alley behind my house (where Huggy's been sitting for four years) and I sold it, way too cheap.  The absolutely perfect driver's door was ruined, window frame bent out of shape.  I couldn't face it.  I believe it's in a Metro collection in Ireland now.

Well you did ask!

10 hours ago, brownnova said:

Mrs_b is now 5 days overdue with the baban.

That’s not too bad...

The grump is the constant stream of people going “any news yet” as if we’ll forget to tell people when the baby is born...

I know I know... I’m being petty... 

Any news yet...? ?

10 hours ago, brownnova said:

Mrs_b is now 5 days overdue with the baban.

That’s not too bad...

The grump is the constant stream of people going “any news yet” as if we’ll forget to tell people when the baby is born...

I know I know... I’m being petty... 

Any news yet? (Asking for a friend, obs)

On 6/15/2020 at 2:32 PM, Zelandeth said:

Oh kill me now...

After a day over two weeks my repeat prescription was finally ready to collect.  So we have to go into the town centre to get it.

In what is apparently an effort to encourage social distancing as apparently for some reason it's been deemed okay to reopen all the fashion shops now, they have closed all of the car parking around the Centre.  Including blocking off one bit so the only way to exit is to drive the wrong way through a one way system and go through two no entry signs.  Because that's always fun isn't it.  Especially when your ASD makes disobeying things like that seriously freak out.

So apparently it's a good way to make people behave with respect, common sense and consideration by ensuring that they are utterly stressed out and pissed off before they even get out of their cars is it?  Also means that rather than being spread out over about six or seven car parks, folks are just crammed into the couple which are still open.

Ended up in another car park, then spotted a tiny sign cable tied to a lamp post declaring that it's for blue badge holders only...of course immediately after I've paid the £2 to park for an hour.  So wound up having to shuffle off to another one and pay it again.

Then got there to find that only 1/4 of my prescription has arrived...so I'll need to do the whole sodding lot again after trying to get hold of my sodding GP surgery for the third time in the last week, explaining that yes, I ran out of antidepressants on Thursday and it would be really nice if they could start caring about that please...It has been a complete and utter shit show on that count since they stopped automatically repeating prescriptions.

I should not have to waste the time of the surgery by phoning them up *every single time* I need repeat medication...however it is currently taking them 14-20 days on average to issue it, and "the system" won't let you request anything more than seven* days early.  So every time I wind up having to chase stuff.  That was before the pandemic arrived!

you can authorise your pharmacist to order your repeats as you "have a condition" which make it awkward to did it yourself

then find a pharmacy that will deliver and "nominate" them

(i used to work in a prescription ordering service)

*7 days are working days as well in case people on the phone need reminding?

Anyone remember the problems I've been having with my neighbour who keeps shutting my cat inside her house? The last time we spoke I told her to fuck off & she called the police to complain about my language. Yesterday morning, my cat was once again shut inside her house - she's encouraged it in for the last five years & had left her cat flap set to 'in only' - so I popped round to ask for it back. Remembering what the officer had told me about not swearing, I filmed the incident on a mobile phone, but as soon as she saw me waving the phone, she hid behind the curtain.

Last night the rozzers were back, she'd called them again to complain that I was filming her & that it was harassment ! So I showed the police the really, really crap footage of me politely thanking an open window for letting my cat out, deleted it, had a bit of a chuckle with them and off they went. 

The woman is turning into a complete fucking mental.

Just got to Halfords in Portsmouth as it’s the only place that has a stud extractor in stock anywhere on the south coast.

Get there to be presented with a 13mm 1/2” drive socket as an alternative equivalent product. “There’s no stock in the country” the woman at the desk tells me.

If anyone near Chichester has a stud extractor I can borrow for an afternoon just so I can get the Toyota back on the road I would be very grateful.

40 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

What she wants is for your cat to move in permanently with her, and for you to move out.....

Looks like we're in for a very long war of attrition.

She can have our cats. I’ll send you my address to put through her letterbox if you like

1 hour ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

What she wants is for your cat to move in permanently with her, and for you to move out.....

Looks like we're in for a very long war of attrition.

I'm happy for the moment just to knock on her door each morning at 07:00 & ask for it back - she doesn't get up until about 13:00. The police apparently suggested that she might buy a cat flap that will react to the chips in her own cats & not to mine. They're only about £50 and a couple of years ago I'd have said the same thing & even offered to pay half, but things have gone beyond that...