The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Blimey!

Seems like he's trying for a 100% return as well, as he got given the thing in the first place!

gah! Someone said that on RR as well.... look, if he got given it for nothing then 3500 quid is NOT 100% return. In fact, because the formula is %return = (final price - investment / investment)x 100 it's a divide by zero phail and infinite return. Even if you allow for him spending a oner on a bent MoT it's still 3400% not 100%.

Sorry about the maths pedantry... but maths is pedantic. Commer guy is a prize tool though. Him and his tester want reaming.

Commer vans had pretty dire handling characteristics to begin with. I can't see how having zero suspension travel will improve things at all.

Blimey!

Seems like he's trying for a 100% return as well, as he got given the thing in the first place!

gah! Someone said that on RR as well.... look, if he got given it for nothing then 3500 quid is NOT 100% return. In fact, because the formula is %return = (final price - investment / investment)x 100 it's a divide by zero phail and infinite return. Even if you allow for him spending a oner on a bent MoT it's still 3400% not 100%.

Sorry about the maths pedantry... but maths is pedantic. Commer guy is a prize tool though. Him and his tester want reaming.

Commer vans had pretty dire handling characteristics to begin with. I can't see how having zero suspension travel will improve things at all.

At least the potential buyer was spared having to drive home in something so ridiculous looking

House is on the market. Accepted an offer 2 weeks ago for the right money. Now the bank are being funny about lending the full amount to the borrower.

To top it all had a letter on wendesday from the Council. In the house next to us (has a huge garden) they want to build 2 new social houses to sell. These will overlook our garden and house, remove a lot of the light etc.

Once the buyer finds out he will run a mile and I will never get the cash I need to cover the mortgage. Twats. :evil:

Emailed the council to ask if we get compensation or if they want to buy a house.

Oh and saw the Mazda I had up for sale again on RR. The bloke has royal messed about with it, by taking a good conidition standard car and sticking huuge exhaust, stickers, black bonnet etc. What a way to ruin a nice car.

To top it all had a letter on wendesday from the Council. In the house next to us (has a huge garden) they want to build 2 new social houses to sell. These will overlook our garden and house, remove a lot of the light etc.

Not a chance I'm afraid.

Unless they are SO close to you that it actually affects access, light into the house etc, your opinions count for shit. Especially re. the value of your property. And as it's social housing, it will get steam-rollered through planning. Already had this battle once when they built a house directly opposite us, doubtless will have to go through it again when the place next door becomes available, as it's got a massive plot that will be snapped up by developers...

Oh and saw the Mazda I had up for sale again on RR. The bloke has royal messed about with it, by taking a good conidition standard car and sticking huuge exhaust, stickers, black bonnet etc. What a way to ruin a nice car.

That was a lovely car when you had it, I've just left a bitchy comment, No doubt I'll get slated for it but oh well!

If anyone has ever tried to replace the steering column shroud on a Riva, they will know exactly why I wanted to slowly melt the f**ker with a gas lighter this afternoon while laughing manically and trying to ignore the myriad grazes and bruises on my hands. How the HELL they ever managed to get the rubber seal around the ignition barrel attached in the FACTORY I'll never know, let alone how I'M supposed to put it BACK where it f**king WAS. And why is it that after 20 minutes spent sawing and sanding away at the stalk cut-outs, the flasher still gets stuck in the 'on' position?

I can happily live with the constant electrical gremlins which have made me break down twice in as many days, but interior trim can reduce me to madness in minutes. Stupid, stupid, commie B'STARDS!!!!!! :evil::evil::evil:

This evening I am more disappointed than usual that a car I really wanted has gone for stupid money on ebay, even though the whole scenario is bloody typical of my ebay experiences. I think ebay can sense when I'm using their site and screws me over. Cars I want to buy go for a fortune and when I want to sell one I get the square root of fuck-all for it.

T'was this beige 205. Awesome bathroom-suite colour, with the dead early interior (also in beige) and the rattly suitcase engine to boot. I even went to view the bastard thing first too, which is unusual for me. Balls.

Yeah feel that I am going to end up shafted with the house. The offer I had meant I would have broken event which in the current times is the best I could have done. These new houses will easily knock £20k off the price of my house because they will dominate it. They are having a consultation on Wednesday so will wander along and shout at people.. not sure it will do any good. This could mean that any hotel ideas will be killed.

I didnt know he had put a Jap number plate on it! Stupid thing is that the PO had fitted a new exhaust before I got it (spent £200 on it). Current owner has taken that off and fitted a new louder one. Surely there are better things to spend money on. Thing is that he was a really nice bloke .. obviously with very bad taste :)

Never really understood the reasoning behind making a car with a low value (at the moment) even less desirable when you plan to sell it on, I imagine a blank canvas would be a lot more appealing than one with scribbles on it.

Anyway, the other night I was browsing on Streetview and I found a three door Base Sierra on a driveway, with the right mirrors and steel wheels, but the nose was against a wall, and I cant remember where it was now, I knew I should have printscreened there and then! Its going to bug me until I find it now.

Second GOM/P post of the evening :roll:

Discovering that my quaint little 'local village shop' only stocks decent spirits in large bottles. If I want a small bottle, I have to buy cheap shit (and it really is shit) although it'll cost the same as decent stuff would anywhere else.

Although maybe on research, I'll find that Chekov Vodka is actually a sought-after connoisseurs' choice, served in the finest drinking establishments, and by pure chance a crate was delivered, in error, to an inbred redneck trading post in the uncharted depths of the last retreat of the Druids.

Arse. :evil:

Horse riders. Do you ride them during the hours of darkness? Ever? No? Then pick up your horse's faeces after they've relieved themselves on the path/bridleway/cyclepath rather than leave it there for others to slip on their arse on in the dark/get their footwear covered in your horses' shit. Oh, there's some anachronistic fucking law that says that you can leave it where it is? What a cower of shunts.

Second GOM/P post of the evening :roll:

Discovering that my quaint little 'local village shop' only stocks decent spirits in large bottles. If I want a small bottle, I have to buy cheap shit (and it really is shit) although it'll cost the same as decent stuff would anywhere else.

Although maybe on research, I'll find that Chekov Vodka is actually a sought-after connoisseurs' choice, served in the finest drinking establishments, and by pure chance a crate was delivered, in error, to an inbred redneck trading post in the uncharted depths of the last retreat of the Druids.

Arse. :evil:

I think you will find chekov vodka is what they clean the nuclear wessels with :wink:

Our village shop closed down about 8 years ago, followed by the pub, the pub half a mile away, the pub a mile away, the off licence next to that pub and one of the two "cheap" supermarkets that used to have a price cold-war with each other. The other one now has the worst service and the cheapest shite at higher prices than a motorway service station, so I shop at ASDA and get pissed at home.

McDonald's drive thru

why after repeating myself about 4 times to a fuckin metal box,then drive to the next window only to see the person who was talking to you thru the box is now happy to see you face to face?

i ordered 3 big mac meals, 1 with a strawberry milkshake...she asks..is that 7 strawberry milkshakes??? wtf can drink 7 cups of that crap!! :evil:

only to finally get food..that is fuggin cold! fast food my arse... told kids the next time the want mac dees they go inside and order it and i will sit in car park :evil:

all this shitty crap trying to be american bullshit with the madonna ear/microphone.

really boils my pisser

McDonald's drive thru

why after repeating myself about 4 times to a fuckin metal box,then drive to the next window only to see the person who was talking to you thru the box is now happy to see you face to face?

i ordered 3 big mac meals, 1 with a strawberry milkshake...she asks..is that 7 strawberry milkshakes??? wtf can drink 7 cups of that crap!! :evil:

only to finally get food..that is fuggin cold! fast food my arse... told kids the next time the want mac dees they go inside and order it and i will sit in car park :evil:

all this shitty crap trying to be american bullshit with the madonna ear/microphone.

really boils my pisser

I always find it easier to walk in and order

There is a car I really like on Ebay at the moment,

You got it then?

£1400 eh? A bit above what you wanted to pay. :(

Yeah I know, although it does include a new MOT, it's very local and I like the car, and I have no plans to sell it any time soon, so I wasn't going to lose it for the sake of £200 or so! (and I would have)

McDonald's drive thru

really boils my pisser

This caused me to LOL!

Here's maxpower earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIEkSs3fsDw&feature=related

Thanks to YouTube for forcing you to watch a wanky advert before the proper video, whats that all about?.

Gran Turismo 5 is out next week!

...but the car and track listing seem a bit half arsed.

Where's Special Stage Route 11? Motor Sports Land? Complex String? Eh?

McDonald's drive thru

really boils my pisser

This caused me to LOL!

Here's maxpower earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIEkSs3fsDw&feature=related

Thanks to YouTube for forcing you to watch a wanky advert before the proper video, whats that all about?.

so it was u in the box mr bollox :D u set me up!!! classic clip... wonder why he only blinks with one eye... sign of madness maybe? :D

hello hello hello hello hello lmao